EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)??

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I should snap a new pic, got a new wallet, pretty bad quality, but for 20 bucks its much better than my old one, much slimmer, hardley know its there.

Oh and a file would make a pretty good shank, and you cna just stb someone with a screwdriver anyway flathead would be easier, as its kinda sharp arounf the edges, so would make a nice penetrating wound. But your not in jail, your at school....:p

LOL.
I'll keep that in mind for if I ever go to jail for whatever reason.. Maybe I can get a screwdriver baked into a birthday cake :D

Oh and the wallet sounds good, I need a slim wallet, mines getting a bit bulky.

yeah I think its just coz I'm not putting coins in it anymore, well only a few gold ones, preferably 2 dollar ones, and keep the rest of my change in my bag or pockets, seems to be working quite well.

Gerber LST II and tiny Victorinox Rambler on my keychain. When I travel in the backcountry I sometimes carry the larger Benchmade 551 Griptilian folder. I've tried the Kershaw Skyline and it's a really nice knife except for trying to get it closed with the liner lock (was always very difficult to get it unlatched to close the blade). The Gerber has such a great cutting blade that I really don't need anything else,

got an overview of the queen? i'm assuming its D2...I love my Queen fixed blade bear head in D2. :D:thumbup:

D2 indeed. This was one of those that you see on the websites and think "that's a nice knife," and then move on, but somehow it takes control of your brain and it's all you think about.

I've had fresh sticks of butter come out of the box sharper than this knife, but after thinning out the edges and working at it for about two weeks, it's very, very sharp.

The walk and talk are superb and the fit and finish are excellent (not perfect, but this is a working knife so I have no complaints). I'd rate the pull somewhere around 7, it's not a light pull, but it's certainly not a nail breaker to open.

The bird's eye maple scales are a thing of beauty as well.

I'm going to be ordering a matching bird's eye maple canoe sometime later this week to throw into the rotation with this one.

All in all this knife is a capable as any modern, one-hand opener that I've ever owned at taking care of medium to heavy duty cutting. It displaced a Spyderco Paramilitary from my pocket, and I said I didn't think anything would get the Para out of my pocket.

Wonderful knife, US made and less than $70... just be prepared to sharpen.

Queen2.jpg

Th

These three were my blades for the day. I'm really loving the Meerkat, I use it a lot more than I thought I would. I can't stop playing around with it. The Stretch was really not needed, between the Meerkat and the Imperial TL29 I had all my needs perfectly covered. That old electrician's knife is amazing, I'm getting my office ready to move and it's seeing a lot of use.

100_2612.JPG

100_2557.JPG

-Spyderco Delica (about 18 years old), clipped on the front of my boxers, or in my left pocket (I am left handed)
-small bic lighter. Left pocket.
-a pen, any ballpoint pen that will not leak in my left pocket.
-Coins. Left Pocket
-keys (far to many). Left pocket
-a binder clip I use to hold my cash; ideally with some cash. Right pocket.
-small leather business card holder for credit cards and id, and business cards. Right.
-Blackberry on belt. It looks stupid, but work was going to stop replacing the ones I broke in, or falling out of, my pocket, so on the belt it went. Leaves more room for all the other stuff.
-Rolex Sea Dweller. Right wrist.
-Handkerchief (back right pocket)
-Wedding ring. This is the only essential item. Or at least that is what I am told.

These three were my blades for the day. I'm really loving the Meerkat, I use it a lot more than I thought I would. I can't stop playing around with it. The Stretch was really not needed, between the Meerkat and the Imperial TL29 I had all my needs perfectly covered. That old electrician's knife is amazing, I'm getting my office ready to move and it's seeing a lot of use.

100_2612.JPG

100_2557.JPG

Nice pipe, what is it?

Looks to be a Stanwell Calabash. Very nice shape. But if you're going to post your pipe then let's see what baccy you have to go with it!

Took delivery of a new 5-Shot leather rig for my Colt 91 Compact last week and took time to snap a pict before it got broken in.

Also carried daily :
Sharkskin Mission Wallet that holds a Strider PT CC and a Case CV Sodbuster Jr.
Leather Mission Wallet that holds a Remington Baby Bullet Trapper and a space pen.
Carry light is usually the Fenix P1.

MarchSMG_20100314_0617.jpg

D2 indeed. This was one of those that you see on the websites and think "that's a nice knife," and then move on, but somehow it takes control of your brain and it's all you think about.

I've had fresh sticks of butter come out of the box sharper than this knife, but after thinning out the edges and working at it for about two weeks, it's very, very sharp.

The walk and talk are superb and the fit and finish are excellent (not perfect, but this is a working knife so I have no complaints). I'd rate the pull somewhere around 7, it's not a light pull, but it's certainly not a nail breaker to open.

The bird's eye maple scales are a thing of beauty as well.

I'm going to be ordering a matching bird's eye maple canoe sometime later this week to throw into the rotation with this one.

All in all this knife is a capable as any modern, one-hand opener that I've ever owned at taking care of medium to heavy duty cutting. It displaced a Spyderco Paramilitary from my pocket, and I said I didn't think anything would get the Para out of my pocket.

Wonderful knife, US made and less than $70... just be prepared to sharpen.

Queen2.jpg

Th

very nice and thanks for sharing that! :thumbup: My bear head wasnt the sharpest out of the box either but a few minutes on my diamond hone and its popping hairs. I havnt bit the bullet buying a queen folder yet so will definately look into it, very nice knife!

I keep the cheap multi-tool in my bag, barely ever use it but the pliers come in very handy. I understand fully about the knife part of it.. Since it only cost me $10, Im probably going to buy another one for home and take the 2 knives out of that one so I will be fine at school. Plus I think the little slipjoint would be fine.. Good luck stabbing someone with that little thing :p.

...I am a fan of dental hygeine... :p

I strongly stand by you should leave it at home, as it is the anti-knife lobbyists are using any ammo they can get and a 15 year old getting expelled for carrying a knife would make it to print. Its protecting your future interests and the rest of the knife collecting community...I know I didn't need a knife or multi tool at school ever and I was very much into manual arts.

After the recent stabbing you will probably get expulsion along with a ride in a cop car...dont mean to nag but you put the whole knife community in australia at risk by carrying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back