Edc

thanks man. I'm gonna remove most of the chain and use some braided leather for the rest. Should be pretty neat

Confused look :). I agree it can benefit from a fob on there
But the chain?
G2

Edited to add I see the plan now, I didn't see your other response about the final of it

Last edited:
while I was putting a fob together for my edc, I went and dropped the knife tip first onto the concrete floor;

pretty impressed;

it could have landed on an electrical cord, or my foot. So, I'm pleased with how everything went, all things considered

geez, you ain't kidding

while I was putting a fob together for my edc, I went and dropped the knife tip first onto the concrete floor;

You see? This is why you can't have nice things.... :grumpy:

:D

you're so right, but I just LOVE nice things!

[video=youtube;EPxzwzX7vpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPxzwzX7vpc[/video]

Last edited:
you're so right, but I just LOVE nice things!

[video=youtube;EPxzwzX7vpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPxzwzX7vpc[/video]

Did you try the freestanding paper?

I can't wait to get an EDC here so I can see if it will take a hair whittling edge.

That be sharp, so is mine, quite sharp indeed! Here's a quick shot taken tonight, knife sheathed up, a static cord attached at the bottom that I loop around the belt and slip the sheath between me and my belt, grabbing the knife, it comes into play quickly and out of the sheath as it reaches the end of the static cord, which will leave the sheath dangling but that does make it easier to return, safer too. I've taken to this type of carry as sheath knives are not welcome at work, so a more covert carry is in order.

EDC_Twizzlers.jpg~original

G2

the Twizzlers are for the road trip tomorrow to the Ashokan Seminar ;) a bit of a drive, about 4 1/2 hours

Sorry to pile on the good news.

My EDC just delivered today, Maroon handles, both sheaths. As I'm unpacking it, I'm thinking this is really tiny, optical illusion they pack with BIG BUBBLE wrap. Handles are perfectly sized for my hands with great deep wine color. It's crazy nice, well finished, with click in sheaths, and razor sharp.

I saw most of Nathan's knives at Blade handled a few, talked with Jo, but the EDC and Field were not there.....This is exactly what I was looking for. Didn't know what to think after the 30-60 second sellouts on all, but very simple, clean lines executed well on great steel. May replace my regular pocket sheath fixed blade...
29759034221_0fa24b1127_c.jpg

after having and using this a for a short while, I wanted to make note of some of the design and execution on this knife

EDC_edge_start.jpg~original

Notice how the edge starts out, there isn't a sudden abrupt drop as some will make, but a nice gradual slope up and onto the edge, a great compromise for those that need to have the edge out a little to help during sharpening.

Also the metal guard area that drops below the micarta has very subtle chamfering done, making it somewhat easier on the mitts during use. Now for me, I'd prefer that the micarta came further down to really provide some fuller area to have your finger come up against as even the rounded edges are still small rounded piece of steel and that can impact against your finger, small point but just an observation.

Everyone I have shown this knife to just loves how the handle's shape is angled and how the micarta is both machined and the surface finished, just superb Nathan, well done sir and Lorien kudos on a great design.

Have I mentioned that this rascal arrived ShArP ??? :)
G2

thanks Gary!

you'll notice in the photo that the leading angle of the sharpening notch is shallow, as Gary rightly pointed out. Although you give up some edge for it, cloth, cordage or whatever doesn't hang up in there. Very important consideration for a knife like this, and like most important considerations done well, you'll never have to consider it since you'll never need to notice it :)

Last edited:
Yep that's what I was pointing out :)

and thanks LA it's like the perfect pocket fixed blade for me!

G2

Last edited:
Nathan, Joe, Lorien - received my EDC on Wednesday and it's just great. Thank you! I've now got what could be considered a perfect outdoor set: LC, FK, and the EDC. Not too much those couldn't handle. Looking forward to what's next! Bring the SK!

Back