Emerson Replies to Emerson Woes

IMO, life's too short to be this aggravated. Why not wait until the knives arrive and see how they were serviced? If they're not to your satisfaction, you can most likely still sell them for a reasonable amount. Emerson knives are popular "pimping" knives, a lot of people are still willing to make framelock conversions, etc. on the knives.

Nothing good or productive is going to come out of spending hours of your time in this kind of fight. Best of luck.

I always keep in mind that every person is a multifaceted individual. We all have our good and bad days and we all have our imperfections.

There have been customers I've bent over backwards for and others that I flat out told to f!@& off in my life (has been a long time, and the customer was literally threatening to jump the counter at me).

I don't approve of Ernie's response, but from what I've seen of him and his philosophies in the past my outlook on him as a person won't change.

For that matter, Mick Strider has a shady past but I don't know him - all I know is that he makes a great knife - and I'm not going to use his flaky past as a measuring stick for the quality of his product.

It's easy to say "Finally Ernest shows his true colors!" This simply writes off all of the good in him as fake and paints him as being a bad guy at the core.

But he isn't. And the time I told a guy to f#$% off while I was on the clock a number of years ago doesn't make me a bad guy, either. And MOhunter92 isn't a bad guy just because he's saying mean things out of anger now either.

In the end, I will still be an Emerson customer until the day that Ernest Emerson comes out and says he isn't standing behind his products anymore. I've beat the heck out of a couple of my Emerson's and I trust them. At this point, Ernie will have to do something really screwed up to lose my business. YMMV.

Finally someone with an intelligent and mature post

It could be worse.
At least Ernie keeps his shit in his own forum and doesn't go out in General and attack people in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with EKI.

I have spent literally thousands of dollars on Kershaw / ZT products but after what I just came across, never again.

Sorry Ernie, but I just got back from the Blade HQ website where I attempted to cancel my pre order of the 0620CF. Unfortunately I must wait till morning and call to cancel.

Wait, so because of this thread you aren't buying zt/kershaw products? I don't get it

Sounded more like he came across something from KAI that pushed him away from them and was saying that this was nothing compared to it.

Now I'm really curious what he came across!

I'm pretty sure cncpro saw something else in the forums that made him dislike Kai and is just comparing what he saw, unfavorably, to Ernie.

I might stand corrected lol

Yeah that's definitely a Kai rep. He doesn't take kindly to people who rip their products but I've also seen him take care of several members on here who have issues. Seems like a decent guy to me that takes a lot of pride in his company. Sometimes that might cause you to act a little emotional. I think Ernie is probably the same way, but I do feel he overstepped the customer relations line a bit in this thread

That seriously came off as the KAI rep being intoxicated.

I wish I was the lucky bastard with the free blade on the way.

Yeah that was definitely not acceptable either. But if he apologized like a man and made the situation right then I would have been perfectly fine.

Too bad that's not how emerson is

I've abstained from posting in this thread for a long time. All I have to say is that we're all human and as with humans, while objectivity is nice, oftentimes what we see is subjectivity.

Also, with the mall ninja comment. I'm a tradesman, as are many individuals here. I am into menswear and I do not look like a knife or gun enthusiast. Blanket terms aren't nice.

That's the response of the people I've asked to read this thread too. Additionally, Mr. Emerson came across as overly defensive, like how dare anyone question me?

I have been a longtime lover of Emerson knives, and asked what I asked because it was logical. And I said I wanted the explanation to be favorable to EKI.

Right now I must admit I see EKI in a very different light - this was a BS way to treat a customer that felt he was dealt with poorly yet maintained he wanted to be a happy EKI customer. He asked for a phone call and was called a whiny little kid in a public forum. Any of my employees at my business would be immediately fired for such interaction.

I was going to be getting my first emerson, but this is making me rethink it...

I agree with some people who say Mr emerson that you personally responding to this matter is the right thing to do. But the way you did so, was not professional at all.

Your name bears reputation in this community, and it doesnt seem wise to come on here, and speak from annoyance , and anger. You should be speaking as the owner of Emerson Knives, speaking to his potential customers, and his current customer who is far from happy.

When you say youre the final judge Ernest, I disagree.

Your customers are the final judge, without us, you have no company, period. When you come on here and call names, make insinuations, and speak to your customers/potential customers/haters in a condescending manner, your seriously stabbing yourself in the foot.

Just my .02.

Quotes by Ernie:

so I will just say, go ahead and hit me with your best shot.

Justin seems to be on a, "Me thinks he doth protest too much" routine here (I think he was referring to the OP as a LADY because the quote is the "lady doth protesteth to much"...)

am probably the only one that any of you has ever known that will not only publicly tell it like it is, but will do so in person and more than a few times, not just with words, regardless of the PR

I have over 20 emerson knives ( yes I keep buying them also).. I only sent in one with a failing lock last year and I had to send back two times because it was not fixed the first time..after the second time Ernie called me with with a very defensive tone and promised the knife were as good as the ones he would carry..I also expected something in the package (but did not ask) with the knife for the loss of time and hassle-but nothing was upgraded or included. A week later the knife started a new "whistling" problem and I called and left messages and he never called me back. After that I just expected problems with Emerson knives after I bought them.. about 50% of them had some sort of problem. I started to send some off to couple guys who are experts in fixing Emerson knives (like leaning blades ect) that I could not fix with the normal "tricks" . Costs me about $20 bucks to send them off and have them done right.. and the knives come back perfect.

Anyone wants the email of my guy who fixes Ernies knives can contact me and I promise you that this is easier than dealing with Ernie and his high price return shipping and wait time.

Anyway, that is my solution to his knives and what I do. I serves me well but has cost me a bit . But I also have perfect Emersons knives- a rarity!

As far as you Ernie-you are incredibly FOS and you know it!

Last edited:
Quotes by Ernie:

so I will just say, go ahead and hit me with your best shot.

Justin seems to be on a, "Me thinks he doth protest too much" routine here (I think he was referring to the OP as a LADY because the quote is the "lady doth protesteth to much"...)

am probably the only one that any of you has ever known that will not only publicly tell it like it is, but will do so in person and more than a few times, not just with words, regardless of the PR

I have over 20 emerson knives ( yes I keep buying them also).. I only sent in one with a failing lock last year and I had to send back two times because it was not fixed the first time..after the second time Ernie called me with with a very defensive tone and promised the knife were as good as the ones he would carry..I also expected something in the package (but did not ask) with the knife for the loss of time and hassle-but nothing was upgraded or included. A week later the knife started a new "whistling" problem and I called and left messages and he never called me back. After that I just expected problems with Emerson knives after I bought them.. about 50% of them had some sort of problem. I started to send some off to couple guys who are experts in fixing Emerson knives (like leaning blades ect) that I could not fix with the normal "tricks" . Costs me about $20 bucks to send them off and have them done right.. and the knives come back perfect.

Anyone wants the email of my guy who fixes Ernies knives can contact me and I promise you that this is easier than dealing with Ernie and his high price return shipping and wait time.

Anyway, that is my solution to his knives and what I do. I serves me well but has cost me a bit . But I also have perfect Emersons knives- a rarity!

As far as you Ernie-you are incredibly FOS and you know it!

I was seriously hoping this was just a fluke... My biggest influence in knife buying is the warranty support. I dont think I will get an emerson just on the chance I have to send it in.

Benchmades warranty is still yet to be competed with...

Back