Emerson Replies to Emerson Woes

I'm very glad everything seems to have worked out, and tempers have cooled. Its understandable, like several guys have said ; we're all human!

PS, I'm not Irish, but my wife and liver are!

To everyone wanting to see the unboxing update, do you want me to put the video up on this thread right here or a different one?

I will be doing this tonight. Trying to figure out how I will get my iphone to stay where I need it for the vid. I'm gonna try and use a tripod I suppose.

put it on a separate thread.

I just like to see Emersons unboxed.. especially my own! :)

Go ahead and link to the unboxing here. You don't have to embed the video, though.

To everyone wanting to see the unboxing update, do you want me to put the video up on this thread right here or a different one?

I will be doing this tonight. Trying to figure out how I will get my iphone to stay where I need it for the vid. I'm gonna try and use a tripod I suppose.

MOhunter92 I honestly think you should start a NEW THREAD called it OUT of the Box Report, or someone like that, so this should all start off FRESH. Like a New ISSUE of your Own Personal Newsletter or Novel.

Just my .02 Cents on the subject, and I am hoping for a good outcome for the two parties involved in this situation, (you & EMI), last that you are 110% satisfied with what is in the box you got delivered to you, and are waiting to open.

This Enquiring Mind wants to know the outcome.

After reading through this whole debacle, I would caution everyone, that having lived and worked extensively with an Emerson Super-7, having a little bit of flex in the locking mechanism seems normal. My locking bar is over half the way across the engagement surface of the blade. I've been living with and using this one knife for many years. I can still force a small amount of flex into the locking bar, this could be interpreted as slop in the mechanism, which it is not. Under normal, oops I bumped into something hand pressure, the lockup is rock solid. There is no play whatsoever in the blade, the locking bar, or the pivot, however it can be made to flex. This is after thousands of Waved openings. I think, and I may be wrong, that the locking bar being thinner than on other brands with full scales, this condition is normal. I'm not understanding what "Vertical Play" entails.

Real quick, lockbar-flex isn't problematic. I can muscle flex out of every knife I own-Striders excluded. The lockbar isn't a foot thick, things flex. Hell, I have heard of and seen both Hinderers and CRKs that will flex if you put enough pressure on the spine.

Hey everyone. Just waiting for the videos to finish processing on YouTube. I was having a shit ton of technical difficulties because I didn't update some stuff.

I hope they will finish soon

Looking forward to the video! I'm just sitting around the house sick with nothing to do so hopefully it's up soon to break the boredom. :p

Bad news. I had to split the video up to get it all up cause I used my phone.. For some reason the first video isn't wanting to upload and I had to delete it from my phones memory to do the other part.

I hope it uploads. If not I will have to start it from the second video and you will miss out some of the note and the story.

"I tried picking up my super 7 again cause I loved it so much.. All I felt when I picked it up was anger. It's just not the same anymore"

I'm not going to comment on this battle either but the Super CQC-7 hasn't changed at all. It's the same knife it was prior to all of this. Don't take it out on the knife!!!!:D You can't love it one day and hate it the next just because you feel a certain way. A great knife is a great knife and no "words" can change that. Use it!!!

Back