Fairly Knives Chat - Check in and say Hi! Post whatever here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country Club mang! Oh and a swisher single! Kinda funny you mention this, I have a close friend who owns a liquor store and I help out there some nights, and I cant count how many times I have to tell people they can have either one plastic bag or one paper bag, not both!

Sittin at the dinning room table hand sanding a hatchet and enjoying a glass of Sierra Nevada's Hoptimum imperial IPA. WHY, OH WHY, did I decide to put a hand rubbed finish on a hatchet?! You have any idea how much steel needs to be removed?! I guess when you don't have a belt grinder these are the things you are prone to do...

-Xander

Fast14Riot,

Only Sierra Nevada I can find around here is their fine Hefeweisen.

And hand-sanding is like my brother says about basic travel: 'Walking ain't crowded,and you can set yer own pace.'

On a brighter note: Harbor Freight has their 1" X 30" belt sander on sale for $39.99 + shipping....

Fast14Riot,

Only Sierra Nevada I can find around here is their fine Hefeweisen.

And hand-sanding is like my brother says about basic travel: 'Walking ain't crowded,and you can set yer own pace.'

On a brighter note: Harbor Freight has their 1" X 30" belt sander on sale for $39.99 + shipping....

Hmmm... I may have to check out HF next weekend for their 4th sale, a belt grinder of any kind would be nice. I need to get my disc grinder set-up soon.

Too bad about the beer, their Heffe is a fantastic brew though. Hoptimum was a limited edition, limited release imperial IPA that comes in 24oz bottles only and is 10.5%! I got lucky, my wife bought me a case for my birthday somemonths back. I've paid less for a case of wine...

-Xander

I have that little belt sander. Its great for sharpening and hogging off wood for handles. Best $40.00 Ive spent.

I don't have a harbour freight near me but I'd like to order one of those, I got to check one out recently and that is a steal. My drill press is HF and I really like it.

Well gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to my quality control inspector. He is patient, ever vigilant, stern, and uncompromising in his values of quality. He has years of experience gained through a close apprenticeship with a skilled engineer before coming to work for me. He has never once taken a sick day, doesn't argue, really could care less if I drink while I work even though he doesn't drink at all. We have become close friends. He always will listen if I have an issue and then offers up his sage advice. He is usually right.

Enough with the intro, I present to you my QC inspector: Radar Holman

DSCN2111.jpg

So who is your faithful shop dog? I have very strict rules for my garage, I have the only key to it, no women or children, even if I am in it, if you hear power tools running do not call me until it is switched off, and there are only two people allowed free access to my garage, myself and my dog!

So introduce us to your companion(s)!

-Xander

My shop dog is my cat! He is like a dog and sits there guarding the shop while I grind and every once in a while runs through lol. I want a dog but I'm not sure if I want one in our tiny house the whole winter, I get so much snow (15 foot average) that I would have to clear an area for it outdoors... I have always had dobermans and they really need the space.

The other morning I had a bear outside the shop getting in to my trash, I don't have any food or anything he wants in the trash so he just tossed everything around. Very nice. My buffing compound stealing squirrels were better. (yes I actually had a 3# block of compound run off, I found a tiny piece left with teeth marks all over it.

Morning...

Last edited:
<snip>...My buffing compound stealing squirrels were better. (yes I actually had a 3# block of compound run off, I found a tiny piece left with teeth marks all over it.

Morning...

So that's the best way to polish a turd, you eat the polishing compound! ;-) the only pests I get around my shop are the damn neighborhood cats. I hate 'em, always pissin and crapping in my flower beds, leaving dead birds in my yard, I keep an air soft gun in my garage to scare them away, oh and my dog is a cat killer as well. That was not fun to find out...

It's always fun to dig in the flower beds and find a surprise. :( :D

I'm still hand sanding that hatchet. I got new motivation when I discovered a hamon 1" behind the edge! Still tiring though.

Soo did you accomplish anything in the shop today? Pics?

Gotta do some summer cleaning,before I can send pics of Gnarly's Handloading Emporium & Den of Small White Prevarications....

So things dried out down in Bayfield? About 4 years back I lived over in Dolores. Nice country you have there.

So things dried out down in Bayfield? About 4 years back I lived over in Dolores. Nice country you have there.

We got about 5 minutes of rain yesterday for the first time this year but the snow is melting off slowly in the mountains so it isn't too bad. Dry though.

I go to Delores all the time, cool place.

More Pics later today guys!

Gnarly, put 'em up!

WTF: "I can send pics of Gnarly's Handloading Emporium & Den of Small White Prevarications.... " <----- I'm a bit slow today again, or as usual. Can you expand on that? O_O

Got to scare off a group of wild turkeys today.. they all went sqwak'in and flyin' up into the trees.. after my dog tried to eat 3 of them... sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back