Fairly Knives Chat Thread!!!

Sup guys! Wrapping up the weekend today. Getting ready for our vacation end of month. Gonna go see TOOL, then hit up Virginia. Should be a blast!

How are you all doing?

YO! Finally feeling better here, have had food poisoning or maybe a stomach bug 3x in the last month... not cool! I should finally be back on it in the shop full time as usual which rocks! I hope you guys are doing well!

Take care of yourself, D!
7893020506_4aa3c0664a_b.jpg

Yo, what's up fellas.

Been a minute since I've stopped by, my bad. Been busy with some new boom-sticks...

Also, as some of you have seen, I just went to a Flaming Lips Concert on Wednesday and have never been that high while completely sober, Lol! It's an experience to go!

Anyways, stay chill.

D, rock on brotha!

-X

I thought you might like that, D.
X, Those concert pics were kick ass !
I is craaaaazy early....yo.

Thanx Kevin, there were a couple videos I put on FB that didn't get up on IG, I'll have to send them to you. That concert was ridiculous! Was such an amazing experience, totally worth it being right up front. Hell, being run over by Wayne on the unicorn as he rode through the crowd is pretty damn awesome! Although, never thought I would ever type that sentence...

Happy Mutha's Day

-X

Happy Mothers Day!

What have you all been up to? I can't wait to see what new stuff D has in plan for this year. I finally got the mill up and running. All trammed in and the new carbide bits worked like charms! Drilled and counterbored a new folder set of handles/blade today. I'm very excited to get my little workshop moving again.

D, have you run into any issues with your grinder just not having any "oomph"? My Pheer just bogs down and stops at the most moderate application of pressure with steel/titanium. I am not sure if maybe it's just dirty and needs to be blown out or if it's an indication of something worse. I fired off an email to Pheer to see what Jose's thoughts were.

*edit*

Woo got it. Stupid loose set screw!

Last edited:
Cool you got it fixed! Mine bogs but that is from a loose belt... it is rare so no problem here. I grind with a lot of force so this usually only happens with a duller belt.

I'm liking the purple belts from supergrit for what I grind lately... 3V and Ti. I tried some Blaze belts again after years and still think they are over rated but nice. The purple belts cut more aggressively for longer for me but the 3M or Blaze have a bit more precision so I use both. Loads of VSM belts too...

I think I am finally going to get a button lock together! I'm doing more homework right now...

Are you watching Twin Peaks! I love that show...

I spent the entire day polishing one knife and it just about took the end of my finger off... but good day today! The hamon looks awesome and dark like I wanted... heat treat looks spot on and I'm excited to grind!

Back