Fell Beast Pre-Order 52100 +3V Closing 5/15

Huntsman Knife Co.

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey Guys,

I am going on hiatus at the end of the week to study for the Bar exam but will be opening the shop back up in early August.

I've received a huge amount of inquiries lately about the Fell Beast availability so I think its time to get a new run started:thumbsup:

So, this is a Pre Order for the Fell Beast.

I hate holding on to people's money, but I begrudgingly concede that pre orders are the best way to get the customers exactly what they want and knowing the numbers helps greatly with logistics.

Here are the Details

This pre order is for the Classic Fell Beast in 52100 or CPM 3V This model does NOT feature the ring choil. Includes a taco style black kydex sheath. Handle options are Natural Canvas micarta or Black Canvas Micarta.

There are two sizes available. The full sized model with 17.5 in blade, or the 12in model.

52100- Its as time tested and proven as it gets and with a spring tempered spine its stupid tough. I've never actually been able to break a 52100 Fell Beast even when putting it in a vice and cranking it with a breaker bar. It will bend but seems nearly impossible to snap.

3V is the king of all hard use steels and provides a big step up in edge holding and corrosion resistance over 52100. In a .110 thick blade, even though 3V is tougher on paper, I don't think its tougher in practice. I personally do not think the price increase of 3V is worth the edge in performance over 52100.

Pricing
$279 shipped for 52100 17.5in
with $100 deposit amount
$349 shipped for 3V 17.5 in with $150 deposit amount.

$209 shipped for 52100 12in $100 deposit
$249 shipped for 3V 12in $100 deposit

These will be available in August.

How to Order
There are 40 Spots available for this run.
(1) Post with your steel preference and handle preference
(2) Send the deposit via paypal to huntsmanknifeco AT gmail DOT com
**Please include your real name, forum name, and address in the PP details.

Specs and Blade Details
  • Steel- 52100 58 RC + Spring tempered spine
  • OR CPM 3V HT to 59-60 RC
  • Thickness .110in
  • Blade 17.5in or 12in
  • Overall 23.5 or 18in
  • Weight 23 ounces or 17.5 ounces
  • BTE thickness .030
  • SHEATH- Taco Style black Kydex

17.5in Model
0MErFC6.jpg

GuiImHK.jpg

Sheath example

fEB8sLK.jpg

12in Model
tLFk4kO.jpg

Note, sheath will be Taco Style to cut down on bulkiness.
LMCAC1e.jpg

Last edited:
Any chance of a Nitro-V run?
I am holding off on Nitro V for a bit. There have been recent reports of Nitro V cracking during grinding and I don't want to take any chances. The run I did last summer in Nitro V was fine but I've seen 3 or 4 instances of cracking from other makers. Nitro V is awesome stuff but I'm going to wait for a bit until they get to the bottom of the cracking issue.

3V

17.5in/ Full Size
1. Grub8691- Black
2.Tommygun56 - Black
3. Tommygun56- Natural

12in
1. Mink- Natural
2. Brummie- Natural

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I am going on hiatus at the end of the week to study for the Bar exam but will be opening the shop back up in early August.

I've received a huge amount of inquiries lately about the Fell Beast availability so I think its time to get a new run started:thumbsup:

So, this is a Pre Order for the Fell Beast.

I hate holding on to people's money, but I begrudgingly concede that pre orders are the best way to get the customers exactly what they want and knowing the numbers helps greatly with logistics.

Here are the Details

This pre order is for the Classic Fell Beast in 52100 or CPM 3V This model does NOT feature the ring choil. Includes a taco style black kydex sheath. Handle options are Natural Canvas micarta or Black Canvas Micarta.

52100- Its as time tested and proven as it gets and with a spring tempered spine its stupid tough. I've never actually been able to break a 52100 Fell Beast even when putting it in a vice and cranking it with a breaker bar. It will bend but seems nearly impossible to snap.

3V is the king of all hard use steels and provides a big step up in edge holding and corrosion resistance over 52100. In a .110 thick blade, even though 3V is tougher on paper, I don't think its tougher in practice. I personally do not think the price increase of 3V is worth the edge in performance over 52100.

Pricing
$279 shipped for 52100
with $100 deposit amount
$349 shipped for 3V with $150 deposit amount.

These will be available in August.

How to Order
There are 40 Spots available for this run.
(1) Post with your steel preference and handle preference
(2) Send the deposit via paypal to huntsmanknifeco AT gmail DOT com
**Please include your real name, forum name, and address in the PP details.

Specs and Blade Details
  • Steel- 52100 58 RC + Spring tempered spine
  • OR CPM 3V HT to 59-60 RC
  • Thickness .110in
  • Blade 17.5in
  • Overall 23.5
  • Weight 23 ounces
  • BTE thickness .030
  • SHEATH- Taco Style black Kydex
0MErFC6.jpg

GuiImHK.jpg

Sheath example

fEB8sLK.jpg

I would like to order one in 3V with black handle. I will send deposit as requested. Thanks, grub8691

Would like to pre-order a 52100 with black canvas micarta. Will send deposit as requested. Need4Knives

I know odds are minimal, but a 12 inch in thin 3V would be awesome.

I may be able to fit a few 12in models on the sheet depending on how many people order 3V

Let me know if this becomes a possibility, would like one in natural micarta if so.

P.S. Heck, if 3V is not possible, would take one from the 52100 as well.

I'd also be potentially interested in a 12incher in 3V - what would the cost of one be?

Hunter, I will take another Fell Beast with Natural Canvas Handles in 3V-Sending down payment now! Please let me know you received both Payments
Thanks
Tom

Let me know if this becomes a possibility, would like one in natural micarta if so.

P.S. Heck, if 3V is not possible, would take one from the 52100 as well.
I'd also be potentially interested in a 12incher in 3V - what would the cost of one be?

Ok there is sufficient interest that I will go ahead and cut some of the 12in models as well.

For those interested Price will be $ 209 for 52100 and $249 for 3V.

Deposit amount is $100 for either steel.

The 12 in model is actually more efficient to cut than the 18in model so the pricing works out slightly better.

Last edited:
I will take one (12 incher) in 3V and natural micarta. Let me know the deposit I should send to facilitate that.

Back