Fiddleback Runt Thread

Nice collection!!
What's that handle above "my Emerald Runt" :D?
Is it Evergreen?

Damn this forum!!

I never knew I needed a Runt until I clicked on this thread. :mad:

I guess I'll just have to explain to the kids that we are going to have to cut back on THEIR Christmas this year :)

Nice collection!!
What's that handle above "my Emerald Runt" :D?
Is it Evergreen?

I have no idea what color that would be - Kelly Green maybe. It's an old skool Runt and the handle is one thats no longer around.

Bud,

You have created a whole new demand for Runts! LOL... You are making this hard on yourself! LOL...

Yeah Phillip, I know .. but admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Brahaha .. who am I kidding. I'm a hoarder for life.

Bud, You need those displayed as a group, so you can look at them everyday!

I have no idea what color that would be - Kelly Green maybe. It's an old skool Runt and the handle is one thats no longer around.
Whatever it's called, it's a great looking shade of green. :D Apologies for the non-Runt content. ;)

DSC_0233_zps615dc172.jpg

Just curious, Bud, but if you could only keep one, which one would it be?

You'll make my brain pop trying to imagine I'm down to just one Precious. Cant do it .. cant pick just one.

I really like those commando shade tree runts! That one is too cool Hone!

And my favorite is that old school Kelly green runt!!!! I love that color of green!

I picked up a 3 finger Karda a few weeks back for my EDC. As a result, I thought I had my passions for a Runt temporarily under control. Then I opened this thread ....

The wife is going to kill me.

Looks like one of the knives is going quick today.

I will be on an airplane at launch time - sharks were not meant to fly :eek:

I picked up a 3 finger Karda a few weeks back for my EDC. As a result, I thought I had my passions for a Runt temporarily under control. Then I opened this thread ....

The wife is going to kill me.

(Sorry about the double tap. No idea how that happened.)

Last edited:
Okay. How about three?

1. The very top center row, it was my first. Brown Malle Burl w/tapered tang - otherwise, I would have picked the BEB tapered at the very bottom.
2. The Emerald Shadetree (commando), it's tapered tang as well
3. The Linen White handle because the liners just POP of it .. otherwise, the Antique Micarta (Butterscotch) just above.

Anything on the far left row .. I wouldnt hesitate to make an EDC user, especially the Red (top) or black sandblasted (bottom). They're both stainless.
I do have another Runt - not pictured .. and it's a stainless and now one of my EDCs knives.

1. The very top center row, it was my first. Brown Malle Burl w/tapered tang - otherwise, I would have picked the BEB tapered at the very bottom.
2. The Emerald Shadetree (commando), it's tapered tang as well
3. The Linen White handle because the liners just POP of it .. otherwise, the Antique Micarta (Butterscotch) just above.

Anything on the far left row .. I wouldnt hesitate to make an EDC user, especially the Red (top) or black sandblasted (bottom). They're both stainless.
I do have another Runt - not pictured .. and it's a stainless and now one of my EDCs knives.

Thanks! When I see an awesome collection like that, I love hearing about which the favorites are and why. I find myself being able appreciate the knives more than I would otherwise. Especially for those ones that I am not a huge fan of like the runt. I know total sacrelig in the runt thread, but I really wanted to love it. It just never felt right in my extremely medium size hands.

That being said I do love the looks of commando emerald Shadetree and the antique micarta ones.

Last edited:
Back