Fiddleback Runt Thread

My EDC Runt.

20141029_134436_zpsa52c13f1.jpg

I sharked a Runt two weeks ago and I've been carrying it everyday since. I've been looking at them for a while now, but I always felt it looked too "stumpy" for my tastes. Lately, for some reason, I've been interested in smaller fixed blades and after seeing this thread I just had to go for one. I feel lucky to have sharked it. My son has been eyeballing it a lot lately so I better keep it in my pocket at all times. Anyway, enough talk. Here's a photo of my little baby:

Man, that long bolstered scandi 3/32" thick HB with 1/4" pins is rare and pretty.

I need to find a better storage/display set up for my Runts.

runts_box.jpg

Hey Bonafide

I got a Esquire a couple of weeks back to try to EDC thinking the Runt might be too small. Now that I got it I kind of think it might be too big for my EDC and I might have should have waited for a runt. I have carried a BHK Patch knife for a long time but wanted a FF for carry but thought the runt might be smaller than than my BHK. Which do you prefer to carry since you have both, I might be thinking that the runt is smaller that it really is.

Thanks.

I carry one of my stainless Runts every day. No matter what/where .. I get up, pick it up off the night stand and it rolls with me in one of my ISP sheaths.
My Esquire stays on the desk for secretarial duties (letters, etc) .. but I think it would make a great neck knife.

I'm still looking for a runt if anyone has one. Feel free to hit me up.

The angel on my shoulder says exactly the same thing hasco. That truly is a sweet pic. Jou' Fuu that is an amazing Runt collection. The envious jealous nasty devil on my shoulder says ... to quote the movie "Major League":

images
Jou' Fuu

I said this in Bill's "Fiddleback family - WAS family" thread - I think we have the finest knife collections anywhere on this forum. Absolutely beautiful collection of Runts. I applaud you.

lol .. any time you wanna put my Hiking Buddy you're holding on the for sale/trade block - then I'll be happy to pull some Runts out for you. :)

holy cow

While I've never thought to myself, "I wonder what ~$9k worth of FF Runts look like?", now I know.

Impressive collection.

Why buy all those Runts only to cram them in a meaningless cardboard box? :D :p

Ha! They're no longer in a cardboard box. I found a display box and have them out on display in the living room.

Back