For Sale Only $59.00 New Texas Boot Knife Hunter Pattern in 154cm Steel Razor Sharp

@zrfunited, I hear you man. I was a little stressed. I kept checking snody threads and than I saw his more recent Boss sales post, which says to allow for 1-3 weeks for delivery. So, I figured if I didn't hear anything 1 month out, I'd check in with him.

Yeah, I hear what your saying. I think I'm a bit gun shy when it comes to PP. Honestly I felt like PayPal was going to flub the deal. I have had two purchases through PayPal go to former addresses even after I had deleted those addresses from my account, and had emails showing my current address as the shipping destination. That was the first thing I checked when I talked to Charlie Mike and he said that his was sitting in front of him. Luckily those addresses seem to have now been permanently removed, but you never know.

[video=youtube;LUaGJPAdnMU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUaGJPAdnMU[/video]

I'm glad to see these blades are still being delivered. Mine haven't arrived yet nor have I received a shipping notice. My concern is heightened by the fact that Mike's latest feedback dated 01-25-2012 is negative, apparently for failure to deliver a knife. I don't know why that transaction broke down, but I generally make it a rule not to do business with folks who have negative feedback. Having said that, it could simply have been a misunderstanding. And it wouldn't surprise me if Mike is releasing the Texas Boot Knife Hunter blades in batches. If that's the case, a one to three week window to deliver them is not excessive IMO.

I'll think I'll take Palmbel's approach and hang in there a little longer.

Last edited:
@bld522 I received USPS Priority notification on wednesday and the knife got here yesterday. The blade itself was wrapped and taped in several layers of paper, so I think they were not ready and wrapped when we placed our orders, which likely takes a lot of time to do. If that helps any. Granted, I'm very new to the world of custom knives.

Thanks for the info, Palmbel. I'll post up here as soon as I receive my shipping notice.

Last edited:
Your in good company bld, as you can see there are plenty of us chomping at the bit to receive this knife. I am really excited now. I just received some pants for it from CM. The profile is awesome and the size of the blade is just about perfect judging from the profile of the kydex.

Those blades are winners any way you look at them, but only if they get delivered. ;)

Last edited:
I'm sure they will get delivered :). One bad feedback, considering the volume of knives he is moving, is still a good track record. Mike has a good reputation here and elsewhere. We have no idea what happened with the transaction that fell through and Mike hasn't posted since the 22nd so he probably hasn't even seen the feedback. I would bet a bit of money that he will get with the person who left it and resolve it in some way. He does this for a living, it's a a lot different for him then it is for a part time knifemaker. He has his entire life invested in this venture.

I'm thinking the same thing you are, zrf. Some folks have already received their knives, so I'm not ready to pull the plug on the deal yet. Let's wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see these blades are still being delivered. Mine haven't arrived yet nor have I received a shipping notice. My concern is heightened by the fact that Mike's latest feedback dated 01-25-2012 is negative, apparently for failure to deliver a knife. I don't know why that transaction broke down, but I generally make it a rule not to do business with folks who have negative feedback. Having said that, it could simply have been a misunderstanding. And it wouldn't surprise me if Mike is releasing the Texas Boot Knife Hunter blades in batches. If that's the case, a one to three week window to deliver them is not excessive IMO.

I'll think I'll take Palmbel's approach and hang in there a little longer.

Mooseyard did receive a refund so I'm not sure why he did that. Should have been neutral feedback since both ends ended up back to square one. Very understandable how it can be quite frustrating. Hopefully everything works out here!

I got a shipping notification last week, but it was canceled within minutes. No updates as of yet? Kinda weird.

I got a shipping notification last week, but it was canceled within minutes. No updates as of yet? Kinda weird.

Thanks Alpha.
My printer ran out of ink and we cancelled your label.
We have shipped approximately 90% of the blades and the remaining pieces are packaged and ready to go out Monday
Everyone will have their blades by the end of next week
I basically work alone and we ship an average of 100 packages a week.
I have been in business over 15 years and we are passionate about our work..
Thanks for your patience and support..

Mooseyard did receive a refund so I'm not sure why he did that. Should have been neutral feedback since both ends ended up back to square one. Very understandable how it can be quite frustrating. Hopefully everything works out here!

He had buyers remorse and I refunded his money after I printed a label and lost $7.25.. I refunded the money not Paypal..
We love our clients and we love the knife business. We sell over 1500 knives per year.. Sometimes people get buyers remorse..
Its all good because we have greater demand for our product than we can produce... Much Respect

Now that's real :)

Thanks Friend
I appreciate the post you made above, very insightful and very accurate..
I just logged in this morning to catch up, I am basically a single father and we had sick kids this week
Driving to the pediatrician consumed a couple days and when you ship 100 knives a week getting behind two days is big old pile of boxes.
Have a great afternoon and thanks again..

Life happens and priorities have to be addressed. No matter what, family comes first. I hope your kids are OK, Mike.

Bruce...

Back