Four day hiking trip and no knives allowed?

I went on the trip, i survived, i had my knife, i used my knife.

(deleted)

I used the saw on my OHT to cut up some fire wood for a good campfire that night. The guides I was with didn't care that I had a knife with me and even seemed to appreciate it (they had their own multi tools with them.

Next morning we woke up and hiked out two miles to get to the trail head where we waited for a bus to come pick us up. I am working on getting the pictures uploaded right now, so i'll have those to post soon.

It looks like good ole american common sense prevailed :)

Take your Sak and keep it out of view, don't tell anyone and just hope you never end up NEEDING it. Sure, we all would like to whittle on sticks around the fire, but if thats THEIR rule, so be it. Its not a Park rule and it certainly cannot be legally enforced, except that they may not want you back again because your a "trouble maker".
Take one, keep it deep in your pocket, don't show it around and hope you don't have to take it out to prove those "fools" wrong about a "weapon" in the wilderness.

Take your Sak and keep it out of view, don't tell anyone and just hope you never end up NEEDING it. Sure, we all would like to whittle on sticks around the fire, but if thats THEIR rule, so be it. Its not a Park rule and it certainly cannot be legally enforced, except that they may not want you back again because your a "trouble maker".
Take one, keep it deep in your pocket, don't show it around and hope you don't have to take it out to prove those "fools" wrong about a "weapon" in the wilderness.

... good points but late to the show.

NIce to hear things worked out well. I think the rules were set up by the camp as more of a "we said dont bring knives but you did and cut yourself so its your fault"

People...not the people in this thread, but just people in general, are on the verge of being too stupid to live. Big snowstorm in an area where you only have a big snowstorm about every 12 to 15 years? People die in their cars because they don't know to clear the exhaust and/or they are just plain STUPID and don't want to be "cold" by leaving the window down an inch or so to get fresh air while the heat is on... Hate to say it, there is no nice way to say it, too stupid to live. Children excepted as they can be truly ignorant and not stupid. Sometimes, they even make it through things like this because they have something some adults don't have - apparently survival instinct that has not been pissed away watching "Survivor." :rolleyes:

Going out in the woods, no matches, no knife, no compass...no shit. Egad, too stupid to live. Don't pay attention to imbeciles, carry your stuff hidden.

Back