• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Gareth bull: Slow Delivery/waitlist thread

About two years here as well. My hopes have now faded since his last flurry of a couple knife deliveries. I would love to own, carry and use either a small Shamwari or even a small Warlock, but seems that may never happen. Worst part is I searched a long time to find his work so fitting to my tastes. There's not another out there that I have found that appeals to me like Gareth work. The mechanism, size, profile, materials and simplicity encompassed what I wanted in a custom EDC. I've waited, hoped, pleaded, and begged for him to make good. I hate to believe it has all been for nothing, but each day passing is further supporting evidence of just that. Such a shame and up to now I am sorely disappointed. He has shown us he can make knives. Why can't he make/complete the dozen or so to clear this list and make good? Doesn't seem insurmountable.

I too began looked at Gareth Bull knives and was attracted to its simplicity. Tried to order one and that's when he began to go off the grid. I searched the net and found this:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...r-quality-small-folders?highlight=sacha+thiel

It's similar in terms of size, opening method, material used to a small Warlock.

I think its fair to say Gareth is no longer making knives and those who gave him money have been scammed out of it. :thumbdn:

I haven't heard anything for a long time. Maybe someone in SA who knows him will chime in?

DJK

So is Gareth banned?
He is now banned yes. I had sent him a PM about a year ago asking him what was going on, he replied and said he had a ton of things going on. I replied to him and never heard back. About 8 months later I sent a warning/infraction to remind him of his unfinished responsibility here with members, their knives/money, and heard nothing. Karda kicked him overboard because it doesn't look like he will be responding to any email, message, or otherwise.

He is now banned yes. I had sent him a PM about a year ago asking him what was going on, he replied and said he had a ton of things going on. I replied to him and never heard back. About 8 months later I sent a warning/infraction to remind him of his unfinished responsibility here with members, their knives/money, and heard nothing. Karda kicked him overboard because it doesn't look like he will be responding to any email, message, or otherwise.

Thank you,

Its over for him. He couldve been one of the greats, but now he is hall of shame material.

No problem wolf, I do agree with your assessment as well. Let's see what we can do about adding to the list.

So no deliveries known in the last month or so? Has anyone had any contact with him? I continue to plead for delivery since I have stake already in the purchase. Seems so close yet so far at the same time.

He responded to a June e-mail I sent, saying he'd messed up my blade in heat treatment. He was supposed to be getting more steel, and was shooting for an end of July completion.

No word since. SSDD.

Larry

He responded to a June e-mail I sent, saying he'd messed up my blade in heat treatment. He was supposed to be getting more steel, and was shooting for an end of July completion.

No word since. SSDD.

Larry

That's about what he told me last. He responded the first week of July saying he was waiting on some TI from the US. He predicted a completion by the end of the month. I haven't heard anything since. I got an e-mail in to him now.

I wish I was one of the luckier ones who actually got their knife.

I also got an email from Gareth in the first week of July saying he was waiting on Ti from the US to complete my knife, and that it would be ready by the end of the month. I haven't heard anything sense. That said, I do find it mildly interesting that we were all told similar things...

I kind of wish I could just give up on it, but I still have hope, a very small amount hope, but hope nonetheless.

It glimmers, must not sure for how long. I remember we were shooting for my b-day that is today. That was last year!

Wolf: I see you updated the title. Yes, I do still check in here for the latest GB information; or lack thereof. So what's new on the Gareth Bull front anyone? My feeling is not much or nothing.

Gareth did communicate to me stating he was waiting on payment to give me my refund.

Its the same generic reply I feel everyone is getting...

He did say that he intends to finish his back log.

When did you hear from him? Interesting that he is still communicating, if infrequently. Is he making knives for others in SA?

DJK

Gareth did communicate to me stating he was waiting on payment to give me my refund.

Its the same generic reply I feel everyone is getting...

He did say that he intends to finish his back log.

So he needs to scam someone into paying him so he can repay you???

Back