• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Gareth bull: Slow Delivery/waitlist thread

So he needs to scam someone into paying him so he can repay you???

It has been said that those who rob Peter to pay Paul will always have the support of Paul.

That doesn't seem to work well around here. Scammers ain't nobody's friend.

Through the couple emails Gareth has sent me yesterday and today, I have decided to keep my order.

He has promised to make good on his backlog so that is at least a good sign.

He said he has not had much shop time but I'm hoping that changes soon.

We will see how this pans out...

Fool me once
Shame on you
Fool me twice
Shame on me.

I think that quote has great merit here.

We're going to close this one for now. Too much flip-flopping going on. When someone has a real update, let me know and we can dig this one out.

I just wanted to update the thread. Gareth did communicate to me that the post offices in South Africa are on strike and therefor his materials have not been delivered yet. He is not able to make the frame locks until he gets the thicker Titanium in however it seems he can still make some smaller knives from offcuts that he has.

So in all He is waiting for the strike to be over before he can get the materials in to make the knives. That is my latest update for everyone waiting.

I have attached a link to the sablade thread showing a knife that was made for someone local in SA

http://www.sablade.com/forums/showthread.php?4628-Return-of-the-king&p=49181&posted=1#post49181

Oh and I did manage to get my hands on a warlock on the secondary market and love the knife. Gareth does make great knives when he makes them.

The post office is now in its 3rd month of strikes, I know other makers are struggling to source certain materials that are not manufactured or sold in SA as well so it would seem to be legitimate.

My understanding was that the knife in the thread you linked to is a proto, and obviously a liner lock. Gareth replied promptly to a query of mine regarding an issue I had with my GB folder and the advice was spot on. Signs appear positive.

The post office is now in its 3rd month of strikes, I know other makers are struggling to source certain materials that are not manufactured or sold in SA as well so it would seem to be legitimate.

My understanding was that the knife in the thread you linked to is a proto, and obviously a liner lock. Gareth replied promptly to a query of mine regarding an issue I had with my GB folder and the advice was spot on. Signs appear positive.

He does seem to be responding to my emails now and seems to be trying so that is a good sign. With all things we will wait and see.

Just an update:

Gareth gave me a (WIP) picture of my knife. Things are looking good so far.

For those of you who want updates I have received more pictures of my knife. Gareth says he is almost done. We will see....

Also for those of you who don't already follow him on Instagram he does update Instagram with photos almost weekly. just so you guys can see at least something he is working on even if its not your knife :dispirited:

http://instagram.com/garethbullknives

More updates, this is my knife and it just needs an edge. Gareth said it should be done tomorrow.

Gareth sent me an email today saying he had made a start on my spec build. He also included a pic, along with some other information for spare scale selection. Here is a work in progress pic. The blade order is for an "Insingo" shape and convex grind.

a7ScZ3.jpg

Update--I contacted Gareth to see what the latest was, and he responded quickly. I decided to again request a refund last week, and he said he was sending out a couple of knives and would refund the 1/2 I paid for my order after the weekend. He did just as he said--my refund was processed this morning.

As far as I'm concerned, this concludes my business in this thread. I'm sorry there was a long delay and lack of communication, but I hold no bitterness or ill will. Mr. Bull makes superb knives, and I wish him and all his customers well. Thanks for continuing the updates, and good luck to all!

Cheers
Daniel

Back