• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Gareth bull: Slow Delivery/waitlist thread

Pics with more progress showing blade full height convex grind ...
h6ahw4.jpg

vYLyYY.jpg

He's currently auctioning off a XL Muira on his IG account, I hope everybody got theirs that are waiting.

He's currently auctioning off a XL Muira on his IG account, I hope everybody got theirs that are waiting.

Wait? You mean hes still selling knives even though he has a wait list?!?! :rolleyes:

Hes also been promising that he will ship my knife every day for the past week and never does. I'm beginning to think The picture was just of another persons knife and I'm getting screwed again.

Oh and the miura comes in a pelican case with his new "badge" on it and he told me mine was going to be the first kit with it on it.

lie after lie after lie.......

Its a pretty common practice for makers to auction one offs whilst having long waiting lists. It is a good way to raise money for materials and other running costs. He has said his backlog will be complete by the end of January. I still think things look promising. I mean what have you got to lose at this point, coming on here and trashing him seems silly considering you are still hoping he delivers, especially since he has at least been communicating again.

Last edited:
Its a pretty common practice for makers to auction one offs whilst having long waiting lists. It is a good way to raise money for materials and other running costs. He has said his backlog will be complete by the end of January. I still think things look promising. I mean what have you got to lose at this point, coming on here and trashing him seems silly considering you are still hoping he delivers, especially since he has at least been communicating again.

Last edited:
Just an update: I received a tracking # and my knife is shipped.

Gareth has also stated that he shipped out jlaffers knife as well.

Last edited:
Just an update: I received a tracking # and my knife is shipped.

Gareth has also stated that he shipped out jlaffers knife as well.

Great news, I hope you will share some photos and words with us when they arrive. I know it has been long an painful but somehow I suspect you will still be pleased in the end. I guess that is why I am so willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, my knife and others I have seen are sublime. And you could look at it this way, he just sold a knife for a grand, whatever you paid for yours, its already gone up in value!

Really? You know what else is a good way to raise money? Only sell what you actually have and stop stealing money from your would-be customers.

Its uncanny, every thief has an apologist.

Really? You know what else is a good way to raise money? Only sell what you actually have and stop stealing money from your would-be customers.

Its uncanny, every thief has an apologist.

Thanks for that simplistic perspective John, and the ad hominem too!

Great news, I hope you will share some photos and words with us when they arrive. I know it has been long an painful but somehow I suspect you will still be pleased in the end. I guess that is why I am so willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, my knife and others I have seen are sublime. And you could look at it this way, he just sold a knife for a grand, whatever you paid for yours, its already gone up in value!

I will be posting pictures along with a video. I want to share my points of view on this order and feel a video will better get my point across. I will update everyone when it gets here.

Thanks for that simplistic perspective John, and the ad hominem too!

I've found that simplistic perspectives are a good idea when reading about the actions of thieves, liars, and the people who attempt to rationalize and explain away sociopathy.

I've found that simplistic perspectives are a good idea when reading about the actions of thieves, liars, and the people who attempt to rationalize and explain away sociopathy.

Alright you got me, lol!

I have temporarily unbanned Gareth's account. He contacted me and another supermod asking for this so he can provide communication. For the interim to keep this novel length thread more under control, I'd ask that unless you are owed money or an item, refrain from posting any opinion on the matter. If you "just have to say it" start your own thread.

I put my order in with Gazza about two years ago...maybe a bit longer.
I never paid any cash up front.
Communication was difficult for a while.
Now its great and Gazza just finished my knife and I received it today, so shipping was an unbelievably fast (thank you DHL international express!)
The knife is amazing, I couldn't be happier with my decision to order with Gazza and even though it was a very long wait, I've waited much longer for custom knives.

In the end I'm an exceptionally happy customer and Gazza went out of the way to make sure the knife was exactly what I wanted with a ton of extras.

I'll try and post some pics in a bit.
Justin

I too received my knife today, I am pleased as well.

I used the extra TI scale I purchased to put on my blue g10 warlock (yes the scales are interchangeable).

Overall very happy.

Last edited:
I wish I could say it was nice to see knives delivered, but since my e-mails go unanswered and I see I have been skipped on the list I don't say.
So what is the secret formula to get Gareth to hold his end of the deal? I see many people here are finding resolution whether it be a knife or a refund. I've stuck through this just as long as most and longer than some who seem to have knives delivered. Yeah, this sounds like a lot of I, me, my, but I'm pretty ticked that it takes constant complaining and public trashing to get a response. I have refrained all this time and been mostly patient and supportive.
Makes me wonder what's next....

I put my order in with Gazza about two years ago...maybe a bit longer.
I never paid any cash up front.
Communication was difficult for a while.
Now its great and Gazza just finished my knife and I received it today, so shipping was an unbelievably fast (thank you DHL international express!)
The knife is amazing, I couldn't be happier with my decision to order with Gazza and even though it was a very long wait, I've waited much longer for custom knives.

In the end I'm an exceptionally happy customer and Gazza went out of the way to make sure the knife was exactly what I wanted with a ton of extras.

I'll try and post some pics in a bit.
Justin

So you were passed up too and he (Gareth) managed to deliver. There's hope yet!?...
Spinning a roulette wheel may be a better predictor. As when I first started this journey around the summer of 2012, all I want is my knife. I have even offered to accept any variant of the small Warlock/Shamwari. I originally wanted the warlock and he was finishing then design on the Shamwari. He talked me into that version, but as time passed I opted for the hybrid version just so I could obtain the knife. I see the warlocks are coming out faster. A small warlock is plenty sufficient so we can close this deal. How much longer, how many more e-mails, will the day ever come, I often wonder....

Update: After posting here and on Facebook, Gareth responded to my e-mail. Apologetically he stated my knife would be ready by the end of this month. I've heard similar claims in the past, so I am hesitantly optimistic. This should be a good litmus test for viewers to see if after all this time he is able to stay on track. We shall see....

I have had unanswered emails and promises of a refund for more than half a year, and my original delivery was January 2013. Gareth has truly disappointed me.

He has stated on instagram that he is finishing up his back log. Idk how cause barely anyone here has received there knives yet.

Back