• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Gareth bull: Slow Delivery/waitlist thread

I still don't understand the delivery order to the original posting of this thread. There are some if us with 2012 orders for basic Shamwari/Warlock designs unfulfilled and several orders from 2013 that have been filled. I'm seeing Gareth's work show up on the secondary market. Knives are obviously going out; In what manner and to who leaves me puzzled.

I still don't understand the delivery order to the original posting of this thread. There are some if us with 2012 orders for basic Shamwari/Warlock designs unfulfilled and several orders from 2013 that have been filled. I'm seeing Gareth's work show up on the secondary market. Knives are obviously going out; In what manner and to who leaves me puzzled.

You are correct and its something Ive struggled to understand as well. Not only that but his constant making of high end miuras that he's auctioning is/was quite frustrating when he had other orders to fulfill.

I never did understand his ways but I'm glad he fulfilled my order. Still holding out hope for your guys as well.

9 days and counting down...
Looking to see if he breaks precedence and meets the timeline.

Gareth said the knife is about done, he will send me pics this weekend, and it will ship early next week. He expects the knife to be here by the following weekend. Seems so close...

Gareth said the knife is about done, he will send me pics this weekend, and it will ship early next week. He expects the knife to be here by the following weekend. Seems so close...

good luck, I wish you the best. It took me a couple weeks after receiving that message to actually receive shipping confirmation.

At least he is still contacting you and trying to work on getting you a completed knife.:thumbup:

I don't have an order with Gazza, but here is a little of what's going on:

Gazza orders materials from Alpha KS and it's not as straightforward to get the materials to SA. Last year, he had to get his supplies delivered to me from AKS, then I sent them off to him. DHL wanted to charge me $240 to send a small package to SA, which was crazy. I sent it off via Priority Int'l instead, but the postal strike in SA last year delayed that materials delivery for about 2 months.

This time around, I have another batch of materials that I ordered for him from AKS and am shipping the package out to him on monday. Hopefully he gets this batch sooner than last time. He really is trying his best to fill orders guys.

Well, I like to think he is getting better and will keep his word. History indicates otherwise. I'm glad he is trying and excited he has/is shipping knives. If I get the pics that will be a step in the right direction; even though they could be pics of almost any Shanwari/Warlock knife.
I would like it to be next week as he says, but if it is 2 weeks as Wolf experienced that's better than never and definitely better than the 18 months or so I've been waiting.
I would like to conclude this chapter with a custom GB Shanwari/Warlock. I would have long since given up if I could find any suitable alternative, but there is something about this design.

I don't have an order with Gazza, but here is a little of what's going on:

Gazza orders materials from Alpha KS and it's not as straightforward to get the materials to SA. Last year, he had to get his supplies delivered to me from AKS, then I sent them off to him. DHL wanted to charge me $240 to send a small package to SA, which was crazy. I sent it off via Priority Int'l instead, but the postal strike in SA last year delayed that materials delivery for about 2 months.

This time around, I have another batch of materials that I ordered for him from AKS and am shipping the package out to him on monday. Hopefully he gets this batch sooner than last time. He really is trying his best to fill orders guys.

Now this is fine again but he could let people know that he is having his products ordered by a second party and then shipping to him. There was and still is alot of secrecy in his business practices.

I do applaud Gareth's efforts and I do believe he is trying to fulfill everyone's orders but He could be a little more open to his paying customers and have a realistic wait time.

just my .02

I just hope I can come back here by the end of next week and speak from Wolf's perspective. He fought long and hard to keep up communications and contact with Gareth. I feel his efforts played a large role in ultimately having his knives delivered. From time to time I have done the same and most recently I am trying to stay informed and follow up on timelines. I have waited just about as long or longer than the next person and I have been mostly patient; at times forgetful. I have followed along Wolf's journey from the creation of this thread. I ultimately want a similar ending.

I just hope I can come back here by the end of next week and speak from Wolf's perspective. He fought long and hard to keep up communications and contact with Gareth. I feel his efforts played a large role in ultimately having his knives delivered. From time to time I have done the same and most recently I am trying to stay informed and follow up on timelines. I have waited just about as long or longer than the next person and I have been mostly patient; at times forgetful. I have followed along Wolf's journey from the creation of this thread. I ultimately want a similar ending.

I too am still holding out hope for everyone in this thread. I'm curious if he did follow through and send you any WIP pics of your small shamwari. If he hasn't he may be blowing smoke but if he did he may actually have your knife in the works?

I too am still holding out hope for everyone in this thread. I'm curious if he did follow through and send you any WIP pics of your small shamwari. If he hasn't he may be blowing smoke but if he did he may actually have your knife in the works?

He must be blowing smoke. The weekend pic deadline has passed unfulfilled and no contact with tracking info. Any hope created with his last communication is now further diminishing. The roller coaster continues.
I am not naive, but more trapped in a situation where he has the ability to produce a product that cannot be obtained elsewhere and I have invested in that service. Still a waiting game.

Last edited:
The constant disappointment is so depressing. One quick "It's almost done. It will ship out next week. You will have it by the weekend", then nothing but radio silence. Oh how I wish I was in Wolf's position of this whole experience. I just want this to be over with my knife in hand.

At this point I just want my money back. Gareth makes really, really nice knives, but I do not think I could own one and not associate this whole negative experience with it.

Oh I am sure I could. I wouldn't let a bad acquisition ruin a lifetime of knife use.

Though I wonder if I will ever get the chance to find out. Gareth has seemingly return back to the abyss of silence. How many months this time before he pops back up? I regress back to life as normal still empty handed.

2 more weeks have passed with no response or update. Gareth missed his commitment to deliver the knife and is seemingly choosing not to communicate.

I begin to postulate that he may be catering to local business or other customers rather than completing orders in a first come-first serve or first in-first out basis.

I'm quite frustrated and extremely let down by the whole situation.

As this is my only public outlet, I will report that Gareth contacted me today to inform me that my knife is complete and sharpened. Supposedly I will recieve pics tonight/tomorrow with shipment posted before the weekend.

This is what was communicated and I will leave it at that. I will report back as this progresses for anyone still following along.

As this is my only public outlet, I will report that Gareth contacted me today to inform me that my knife is complete and sharpened. Supposedly I will recieve pics tonight/tomorrow with shipment posted before the weekend.

This is what was communicated and I will leave it at that. I will report back as this progresses for anyone still following along.

Hope its a shamwari that looks like one of the ones he just posted on his Instagram.

Hope its a shamwari that looks like one of the ones he just posted on his Instagram.

I'm assuming he's just selling these outright as people are saying they will take them and he is putting up prices along with the posts. So hopefully your knife is a behind the scenes knife. He said there's 17 knives on the bench that hes working on.

I dont have Instagram so I am not seeing what is being posted. He did send the pics as shown here. Maybe you can tell me if it is or isn't posted on Instagram. Just out of curiousity, what pricing is he listing on Instagram with his posts?

So this is the first real sign that I may be approaching the end of this knife journey. Wonder how long it takes to ship from SA to USA?

Shamwari_1.jpg

Shamwari_2.jpg

Back