Getting a Sebenza 25 for edc!!

Congrats!
I edc a 25 daily, while not my favorite knife by crk, it's still a great sebenza. I do much prefer the 21 though.

I have not had a chance to use it much but it just looks like it is saying please use me 😄😄😄
It and my custom Alan Davis knives are going to be my most used edc knives!!

I will post pictures of my edc's together sometime in this thread.
Thanks for helping me decide to purchase a 25 Jim!! I just like giving you a hard time 😄😄👍👍 Kevin

Last edited:
I just received a bnib 21 micarta inlayed sebenza and I am having a really hard time using it over my 25. I like them both but I think for me at least the 25 feels better in my hand

a58c0d6d79785a5360afc3e9d979c4e2.jpg

The class photo

Last edited:
I just received a bnib 21 micarta inlayed sebenza and I am having a really hard time using it over my 25. I like them both but I think for me at least the 25 feels better in my hand

Does the 25 feel better because of the finger cutouts?

I like the thinner blade of the Sebenza.I still carry Inkosi/25 as they are pretty much identical in function to each other and are great knives.

I like the thinner blade of the Sebenza.I still carry Inkosi/25 as they are pretty much identical in function to each other and are great knives.
Yeah. I prefer the 21’s myself, but I carry this 25 from time to time. Mine has a nearly flat grind, which makes it much different than my umnumzaan as well, which shares the thick stock, but has a classic CRK hollow grind. The Large Inkosi has a slightly deeper hollow grind than the 25 from what I understand. This 25 blade is basically a wedge.

It's nice to have options. They all cut, and cut well, still we all have our preferences.I'm lucky to have a good, Large 31 that has no issues.Plenty of earlier models to carry also.

The early 25s were ground with a 36" wheel. Towards the end of 25 production that was changed to a 20" wheel, which is what is used for the large Inkosi. For reference, the current Sebenza and Umnumzaan are ground with a 10" wheel.

The early 25s were ground with a 36" wheel. Towards the end of 25 production that was changed to a 20" wheel, which is what is used for the large Inkosi. For reference, the current Sebenza and Umnumzaan are ground with a 10" wheel.
Interesting info. I wasn’t aware of the late 25 change. Mine is definitely from the 36” wheel era. As far as I’m concerned it might have been a 200” wheel, the grind is that flat. Only a kiss of a convex that can only be seen with a straight edge and a bright light.

Interesting info on the grind wheel size; my two 25 micartas are early models and are noticeably thicker stock than my new 31 is.

The 31 looks far less robust than the 25s, but that’s ok. It’s my only wood-inlaid Sebenza (the 31) and will only be lightly used anyway.

My 25s, however, I have no qualms about using anytime, anywhere. They are not beaters by any imagination, but they are still knives and are used to do what knives do. :)

I wanted to bring this old thread back. I am the proud new owner of this never been used 25 from 2014. Tomorrow its going into service in my work rotation and I thought I might add some of my thoughts on it along the way.
I know there are a few of you out there still carrying and using these and I would like to hear about the extended use….
View attachment 2240721

I wanted to bring this old thread back. I am the proud new owner of this never been used 25 from 2014. Tomorrow its going into service in my work rotation and I thought I might add some of my thoughts on it along the way.
I know there are a few of you out there still carrying and using these and I would like to hear about the extended use….
View attachment 2240721

I have always assumed the sebenza 25 and Inkosi were essentially the same. Interested in the differences you notice. Yours looks likes a fairly flat grind

Good on your for putting it to work. I have something against letting a tool sit around looking pretty.

I have always assumed the sebenza 25 and Inkosi were essentially the same. Interested in the differences you notice. Yours looks likes a fairly flat grind

Good on your for putting it to work. I have something against letting a tool sit around looking pretty.
The 25 became the Inkosi after a few small changes. Im surprised that it does somehow feel like a completely different knife. And That BLADE..It really is almost flat ground.

The 25 became the Inkosi after a few small changes. Im surprised that it does somehow feel like a completely different knife. And That BLADE..It really is almost flat ground.
The heritage is clear, I knew the change to a smaller diameter for the grind at some point. Cool that is feels different.

Back