Getting a Sebenza 25 for edc!!

I know people didn't like the original clip position on the lock-bar but I much prefer it. It fits into my grip better as it gets lost/tucked away into my fingers unlike the newer style that presses into my calluses. That an it looks more aesthetically appealing to be inline with the lock-bar Another thing I like about the 25, & the 21 series.
Truth told I prefer the old as well. The angle doesn’t bother me and once the knife is opened and in hand I don’t feel either. I just prefer the look of the old I guess And I don’t see any difference in actual use.

It just such a stout knife. It inspires confidence.
At one point, I had seven. Then the Inkosi was born, so I wanted to check it out naturally. Never dreamed the W.C. CRK’s would be a thing of the past, but here we are and I regret letting it go. But, whatcha going to do. Then, the Insingo Inkosi came out and the C.F. Inlay 25 went. I still have five, don’t know why, I don’t think I’ll be able to wear one out, let alone four users

At one point, I had seven. Then the Inkosi was born, so I wanted to check it out naturally. Never dreamed the W.C. CRK’s would be a thing of the past, but here we are and I regret letting it go. But, whatcha going to do. Then, the Insingo Inkosi came out and the C.F. Inlay 25 went. I still have five, don’t know why, I don’t think I’ll be able to wear one out, let alone four users
I am really thinking of buying a spare. All my others could be replaced but that early 25 would break my heart. It’s really becoming a go to work knife at home and work.

I am really thinking of buying a spare. All my others could be replaced but that early 25 would break my heart. It’s really becoming a go to work knife at home and work.
You won‘t hear me trying to talk you out of it. I rotate a plain, C.F. and micarta. The other plain and prototype really doesn’t see any use.

My 25 (5.0 oz) is 0.4 oz heavier than my other 21's ( 4.6 oz ) and Inkosi's ( 4.6 oz ). I know it's not a lot but I feel it right away. It's a great work knife !

Just wondering if they are all like that or if mine is an anomaly.

1694259435055.jpeg

My 25 (5.0 oz) is 0.4 oz heavier than my other 21's ( 4.6 oz ) and Inkosi's ( 4.6 oz ). I know it's not a lot but I feel it right away. It's a great work knife !

Just wondering if they are all like that or if mine is an anomaly.

View attachment 2315076
Not just you. The 25 before the blade grind change was an awesome chunky tool!
View attachment 2329145

Thanks for the confirmation. I do like the extra heft, it feels very solid in the hand, and it has a deeper locking “click” when opened, which I like as well.

Do not blame you ! I bought the same all the box and cards new with micarta inlays , so smooth out of box 18 months forward it is even smoother no need to take it down for clean and lube yet ! All the best !

Is the only difference between the 25 and Inkosi the blade grind? They look very similar.

Do not blame you ! I bought the same all the box and cards new with micarta inlays , so smooth out of box 18 months forward it is even smoother no need to take it down for clean and lube yet ! All the best !
I opened it once and its even smoother then my PJ which was also NIB a few months ago and I thought that was the best!

Last edited:
Is the only difference between the 25 and Inkosi the blade grind? They look very similar.
There are a few differences:
1. Stop pin isn’t floating so the pivot adjustment isn’t as fine tunable.
2. Stop pin is keyed so it has to go in exactly right.
3.Washers are not twins and one is keyed
4. Clip is not angled so its much better
5. Blade grind you mentioned is much better for a hard user.

Last edited:
4. Clip is not angled so its much better
My clips identify as straight, even though they lean to one side.

giphy.gif

That is dead sexy in black micarta and silver hardware !
It really is isn’t it?! I’ve always been a fan of the blue studs but this thing is just perfect as is.

Back