getting a virus warning as I log in to BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting anything. It sounds like it's a banner problem, but then I see that some premium members are reporting it as well. What browser add ons are you guys using?

Mine is like Buford's. I only get the message when I'm on the BF page before I log in. Once I log in and the banners are blocked, I have no more issues. So it may be a banner problem. I use Firefox with Avast and Comodo.

i am getting an avast infection alert for html:Iframe-inf malware on every page i look at.. no othr website or page other then blade forums is creating this issue

i am getting this issue on the latest version of firefox AND chrome... its actually quite easy for advertisers to slip malware into their banners you guys might wanna check

I stand corrected. Just came back to check the boards and got this. Running Mozilla and Norton.

Attachments

• Attack.jpg
    Attack.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 74
Same here.

Warning happened before I got logged in. Once last night and once today! Norton user, and Mozilla firefox browser.

Running a full scan right now.

Hopefully nothing bad happens.

I remember a while ago, I avoided my photobucket accounts for a week or two for the same reason.

I'm using Norton and Mozilla. I got the exact same thing as Liveitloud. It happened just once...my first log-in of the day just after 1pm. I re-started my computer on safe mode and did a full systems scan TWICE. I didn't get anything except some cookies the first time around. It should be okay.

I'm using Norton and Mozilla. I got the exact same thing as Liveitloud. It happened just once...my first log-in of the day just after 1pm. I re-started my computer on safe mode and did a full systems scan TWICE. I didn't get anything except some cookies the first time around. It should be okay.

My full scan brought back 47 cookies and that was it.

I got a nasty fake virus scanner malware today right after I logged into BladeForums, too. My father also did on his computer when he logged in. It isn't our network because my mom's two computers were on the network, too, and the only common denominator seemed to be this site. I don't have anti-virus on my computer other than Malware Bytes, and since the free version isn't an ACTIVE security (I have to manually run the scan), the virus shut my computer down before I could scan it off.

I then just rebooted my laptop to factory settings, and everything was fine again until the same virus attacked right after I logged onto BF about an hour ago... It is blocking my programs and I can't access my computer hard drive, but my internet and firefox is still working. I think I'll just wait until tomorrow to reboot to factory settings again since I haven't loaded anything back onto my hard drive yet.

Is this a common problem? Do you think it is something here that is being worked on? I love this site and the moderators (the ones I've noticed), so what's goin on? Maybe I'm too quick to point fingers? I did just get home from school for Christmas break, but my dad got the virus first early Saturday morning, when my laptop hadn't even been used at my house for five months (I just got back on Friday).

Getting it too before I log in, this is what I get from the Avast information:

Infection Details
URL: hXXp://ggghhhhhhhh.c0m.li/main.php?page
Process: file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Fi...
Infection: js:Downloader-gen@bhv [Expl

I too was having the same problems on BF yesterday ... ran malwarebytes and it found some trojans that Avast somehow missed.

No issues right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back