Going in the temper oven...

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I just quenched these two .360" thick 5160 steel knives, check 'em out!

.36 Special
012iy.jpg

Kwaiken!
004ykm.jpg

They are now in the oven for 2 long temper cycles.

I have the kwaiken/tanto almost finished up. It is so cool, I am very excited about it! I did my first hineri-maki wrap over rayskin! I usually do a hira-maki style wrap which is simpler.

hineri-maki wrap is the "standard" wrap that is popular... hira maki is a non-folded wrap I usually do.

Cool tsukamaki page.
http://www.montanairon.com/tsukaimages.html

tsuka- handle
maki- lol I think this means wrap

Black glow
007yl.jpg

.36 Special glued up with West System G-Flex Epoxy and my own handmade black glow scales
014skd.jpg

I can't believe I still don't have a black gitd or kyrto gitd scaled knife.. or cleaver for that matter.. or horse stall/gitd combo scales.. what to do....

can't wait to see that 36 finished O_O

I can't believe I still don't have a black gitd or kyrto gitd scaled knife.. or cleaver for that matter.. or horse stall/gitd combo scales.. what to do....

can't wait to see that 36 finished O_O

I may be able to do something about that.

I really like that .36 knife. I am going to have to watch for your knives to go on the for sell forum.Excellent work sir!

Mike

MY .36 special w/ black glow scales looks freaking incredible!!!
I may have to chop at night!

Last edited:
Dan how much would one like the .36 cost? I like thick knives. Only one of my customs is under 1/4 inch thick.

Mike

MY .36 special w/ black glow scales looks freaking incredible!!!
I may have to chop at night!

:D Awesome! I can just see it!

I have it sitting on my kitchen table, it is just too cool when I turn the lights off at night it is glowing like crazy!

Before you guys ask... yes some of those are "girl' knives. Girl's have to cut stuff too! Don't worry I have some MCAM and some rare aged dark brown micarta in the mix. :D

You're playin with the girlie stuff sooner than I thought you would be! How would the yellow and blue look together?

Back