Going in the temper oven...

You're playin with the girlie stuff sooner than I thought you would be! How would the yellow and blue look together?

I found some 1084 knives that I wanted to finish up so I thought what the heck, I'll do them as a batch. :D They are a little (OK way ahead! :D) ahead of schedule as I am waiting on some finishing belts and other supplies for current and older orders.

I have your Bushcraft knife ready for heat treat now, I'm getting a couple more bushcraft and edc styles together for a 3/16" O1 run next. After that I have a bunch of other orders to start, choppers and kiridashis... also waiting on my bigger kiln for my current S7 choppers.

I just got the scales all epoxied up on the 1084 knives and now I need to wait a while for them to cure, I like to wait 4 days if possible as that is the full cure time.

I used to be a chef and that is how I run the knife shop... I have some older orders almost ready to go, new stuff in progress, some in the oven and some just marinating, lol!

Oh yeah I also need pics of my Ti neckers, they are ready for sheaths!

You're killin me!! Lookin forward to seeing these finished.

What's the timeframe on my bushcraft... so my checkbook can hopefully be ready?

1084,bushcraft, Ti neckers....OH my!!:thumbup::thumbup:

You're killin me!! Lookin forward to seeing these finished.

What's the timeframe on my bushcraft... so my checkbook can hopefully be ready?

1084,bushcraft, Ti neckers....OH my!!:thumbup::thumbup:

I'm guessing 2-4 weeks, I am bad at guessing though! :D I still need to make a fire starter or two as well, they don't take too long... :D

Pretty close to when we had discussed then...Cool!! Firestarter has my interest, some crazy ideas were goin on there:eek:

Waiting on the Ti neckers. Have you got an eta on them. Like goobie said, gotta make sure the
check book is ready.

Dan what is the chances of getting a .36 with a 7 1/2 inch cutting edge and mcam micarta handles? That would be a sweet user up here in the big woods and swamps.

Mike

Dan that is exactly what I am talking about. I like the traditional blade style like the one in this post.Not big on the poon tips at all.

Thanks,
Mike

girls... WOMEN you mean? they cut stuff? this is odd.. do you have pictures?

I just got my mother (65 yrs old) a new knife for archery season. Had I gotten her something with "girly" colors, she would try to make me carry it.

Awesome. If they make pink camo, why wouldn't a knifemaker put pink on a knife?

I wouldn't think of a "girlie" knife for Mom. But when two little girls ask why no one makes knives for them, ya gotta explore the options. Way to go Daniel!!:thumbup:

Awesome. If they make pink camo, why wouldn't a knifemaker put pink on a knife?

I wouldn't think of a "girlie" knife for Mom. But when two little girls ask why no one makes knives for them, ya gotta explore the options. Way to go Daniel!!:thumbup:

:cool: I have just been waiting for an excuse to have fun with these bright colors! :D You can't beat teaching your kids outdoor skills also, very cool.

Kinda hard to explain to your wife why you ordered pink&yellow I suppose:eek:

Thanks Daniel

Kinda hard to explain to your wife why you ordered pink&yellow I suppose:eek:

Thanks Daniel

My next knife will be a massive 19" pig sticker with a sharpened swedge, gut hook, blood groove and pink scales just to throw people off. :D

I'm still trying to figure out how to combine the sharpened swedge with the gut hook but whatever...

Awesome!!! So.. a guy could, theoretically, stab the big AND gut it all in one motion!?!? Talk about efficiency:eek: AND pink scales?? If you market it as a sticking/guttin tool nobody would think twice about the color:D:D

My next knife will be a massive 19" pig sticker with a sharpened swedge, gut hook, blood groove and pink scales just to throw people off. :D

I'm still trying to figure out how to combine the sharpened swedge with the gut hook but whatever...

no gut hook on the knife. make a Ti gut hook instead! no knife, just gut hook. and provide a slot for it in the sheath. I find that a lot of knives with gut hooks don't sell very well on the forum, despite their inherent utility. The Ti gut hooks can be purchased separate, allowing the user to retain his/her favorite knife :)

Damn, that's an awesome idea!! Not a fan of guthooks, never saw the need, but I would try one if it wasn't attached to my knife. Be great for less experienced users too!

Back