Great Eastern Cutlery: #66 - Equal End Serpentine

Hemlock green has been this color for years and years. Its v. cool that it's not hemlock green, which is a really ugly color.

But if we keep objecting to it, as if this is some kind of annoyance, that may not last, which would be a great pity.

Believe me, I'm not objecting. I love the color and the knife. I just would like to know why they insist on calling it green.

That stag is very very nice! I'm still awaiting my notification from ck and cant wait

IMG_20141031_125437(2).jpg

Noticed the stag up on a dealer page but it is ugly stag and defined as lackluster. Are these 2nds or culled by GEC?

8 days of consecutive carry - decided she's a keeper today and dropped the sheepsfoot. Feels much better in-hand now!

20170727_222937.jpg~original
Does spring still sit flush?

Could you show a pic from the other side that show some gown much nail nick Ian showing?

Thanks.

Just received my stag 66 and except for a lazy closing sheepsfoot it's really special. Just a quick photo session is the reason for the mismatched color sides when in reality they are well matched.View attachment 741296
Wow, beautiful stag there Alan! I was able to score a nice stag one as well and luckily it has very good snap on the secondaries.

Last edited:
Thanks SonnyJim SonnyJim and MartyNC MartyNC I really don't care for the high riding sheepsfoot. I'd have liked to go a little bit lower because it's not quite down level with the clip, but that was the best I could do and still manage clearance with the spey.

Does spring still sit flush?

Could you show a pic from the other side that show some gown much nail nick Ian showing?

Thanks.

I attached a picture of the backspring as well as the nail nicks. No, the back spring isn't flush anymore. I gave it a rub on a naked strop to take the hard edge off the liners, but it's definitely dropped down now and you can feel it. For me, the benefits outweigh the cost. I also had to file the kick on the spey blade to get good clearance on the sheepsfoot. I don't know if I had an unusually high-riding spey or what, but there was no getting around it, I had to open the spey to get to the sheepsfoot nick. I can't go any lower than this, because I think if I drop it anymore, the spey blade is going to start rapping, there's not much clearance (thank goodness for the light pull!?)

Attachments

• Nicks.jpg
    Nicks.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 48
  • spring.jpg
    spring.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 47
Back