Great Gelbu Special by Kesar. Pix. Save fifty bucks.

View

Here is a great effort by old faithful, Kesar. It's an 18 inch 20 ounce Gelbu Special as you can see. This is a 10/10 rig with a handle that has a heavy grain line that may or may not develop into a crack. Karda & chakma, fine. Scabbard made and tooled by sarki with no name. Standard 100 year HI Superfrog.

Because of the grain line we will deliver this otherwise perfect Gelbu Special to your door today for an even $100, a fifty buck savings on a great effort by Kesar.

Call or email if interested.

------------------
Blessings from the computer shack in Reno.

Uncle Bill
Himalayan Imports Website
Khukuri FAQ
Himalayan Imports Archives (33,000 + posts)
Himalayan Imports Shopping Site

Ha ha you guys I coulda had it! (unfortunately the wife would think it was a Gelding Special, not Gelbu. . .)

Stephen

(PS I just once in my life wanted to beat Rusty on the uptake!)

:
Stephen I believe you beat Rusty by two uptakes this time.
biggrin.gif

Gelding Special, I love it!!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Yvsa.

"VEGETARIAN".............
Indin word for lousy hunter.

No takers?!

I have a GS and in my opinion, it is a very well balanced khuk that cuts like a much heavier/bigger khuk. It would make a great MA blade(depending on the weight). Just my .02$

Rob

Hmmm... I don't have anything by Kesar. Seriously though, these late white sharks are lucky that I already have a GS.

Knocking $50 off because of a heavy grain line. Once again Uncle Bill proves that HI quality control is second to none.

Incedentally My 18" GS gave me an ugly look when I opened this page so I think it's in my best interest to pass
smile.gif

P. S.: Congratulations, Stephen!

( Oh, and for those wondering what the knife on the red shirt has to do with anything, it's my neck knife - a John Primble castrating knife. )

Gone-to-Alabama-with-a-Gelbu-on-my-knee!!

Oh-my-Kesar,-what've-you-done-to-me!

I-can't-even-afford-this-one, -But-I'll pro-bab-ly get 3!

Thank you, thank you, no applause needed
smile.gif

:
Say Rob that might really sound good played on a very deep "D" tuned Didj.
biggrin.gif

And if you haven't looked check out this website that Finn posted before we went on vacation.
http://www.highspirits.com

Finn drove us over to Patagonia and I purchased one of the Condor Bass Flutes. It was too bad that Odell wasn't there so we could meet him, but there will definitely be a next time.
biggrin.gif

These are some of the best made Indin Flutes I have ever seen bar none!!!!!
The price is very reasonable for what you get too.
There is another guy in Phoenix that gets upwards of $2,500.00 for what he calls a Grandfather Flute.
frown.gif

Much too much for the common person!!!

And not having played a whole lot over the past year it's astounding to the music that's coming out of this Flute.
And that's not me talking, but Barb and the Sweatlodge family that have heard it.
I am as I have always been and rely on others to make the decision as to whether I can play or not. It's not for me to say.
smile.gif

But the one thing about this deep voiced Flute is its ability to sound very much like a Didj.
I have played more the last few weeks than I have played in the last year!!!!!!!
And as usual the more I play the more the Flute has to teach.
A very suitable pass time for a warrior who prefers peace and follows the peaceful way of the Flute.
I don't know about the Didj, but I imagine it is the same way. ainnit?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Yvsa.

Yvsa, do you mean didj as in didgeridoo
smile.gif

If so have you made your own from an Agave
tree yet?

------------------
The khukuri village idiot

Yvsa,

Gee, thanks. Go and post a link to a site that makes me want to buy something else
biggrin.gif

I played Odell's RealAudio clip of his different flutes... and fell in love with the Condor Bass in the key of D. The sound just plays to my heart...

Now I'm going to have to sell my golf clubs too (just got rid of my Mt. Bike). Oh well, that makes more room in the house I guess. Walosi is going to need it if he buys another kuk
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Regards,

Alan

------------------
When all else fails...JSTF :D

:
Bill #1 yes #2 no.
biggrin.gif

I have heard of a fellow in Arizona making Didj's out of some of the cactus stalks.
I was thinking that he made some from the dead Saguaro innards.
biggrin.gif

But he also claims that Kokopelli is actually playing a Didj and not a Flute. I guess it could be so, but the Flute is the quickest way to the ladies hearts.
biggrin.gif

But I would like to have one of the catus Didj's.
I just don't know about learning the circular breathing. Too many cigarettes under my belt ya know.
frown.gif

You're welcome Alan.
Are you really sure you really want me to post some more links like that?
biggrin.gif

I bought the Condor Bass in the key of D. Finn also has one and they do make some beautiful music together.
But you wanna talk _temptation_ Finn also has a Concert Model Condor Bass also in the key of D and it is too die for.
I didn't play it since it is Finn's personal FLute and shouldn't be handled by anyone else.
After I get an E model I am maybe gonna start saving for the Concert Model I think.
I really need to ask Finn what the advantage is if any with the big model. One thing is it's more conventional and has a flat top on it where the fetish as Odell calls it goes.
And IMO either would be worth selling the golf clubs for.
biggrin.gif

At least the Flute won't cause you to swear.
wink.gif

------------------
Yvsa.

Yvsa,

Ah yes... MADV kicking in. The body is starting to itch... must shoot a photo of golf clubs and post on Ebay...
biggrin.gif

The concert Condor sounds nice, but I'm sure it is way out of my league (or flute playing skills) for now. Besides... I like the fetish.

I got interested in flute playing a couple of semesters ago in Indian Art History class. Our Professor, Jace DeCory, brought in a bunch of tapes to play for class. Her husband Sam plays, but I don't remember if the tapes were of him playing or not. It got my interest up, but I haven't acted on it yet.That will probably change in the near future. I think that the flute will be good for my soul
smile.gif

... and no thank you, I don't think I could take it if you posted more links like that right now. This one has made me postpone the purchase of at least one kuk on my list. Now I just have to figure out if it'll be the katana or the UBE
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Warmest regards,

Alan

AC:

Watch out, boy. Yvsa starts working on you and the next thing you know, the walls "clank" when someone slams a door.

My goodies cabinet is about 75 lbs. heavier since I met this guy, and it all started over a little stick of wood that didn't even have any holes in it
smile.gif

Wal,

Don't worry... I know better than to open the door for the guys in the white van
smile.gif

Alan

Back