Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Afternoon Guardians! Hope everyone has had a good Saturday. Cloudy and cold here today. C Johnson Lamb 🐑

That's a nice one David, is a recent acquisition? :) I hope you get some better weather today buddy :) :thumbsup:
Sounds a good day. They have farmers market regularly at Newcastle showground, sadly not all stall holders were farmers last time we were there.

Some farmers have started selling online, buy direct delivered to your door, which would be handy for a family.
It was relaxing Mitch :) Farmers markets got popular here about 20 years ago, and at one time there was a large one every other Sunday in Leeds outdoor market. Even then, I doubt that more than half of the stall-holders were farmers, and it was probably nearer a third. At the moment, here, I doubt the farmers have much to sell, aside from eggs :rolleyes:
Same here, the young trendy yuppies are all over " Farmers Markets " :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , the closest most of the sellers get to being a farmer, is driving down Farmers Street. Plenty have been found out over the years buying in bulk from supermarkets and repacking and rebranding as Organically Locally Grown with virtually no miles travelled thereby saving the planet as well. People believe what they want to believe. ;)🤠.
Yeah, same here mate, it can be a bit of a racket :rolleyes: One of the biggest cons is 'Free Range Eggs', as well as the fake 'organic' veg. The few folks I know who sell produce they've grown, baked, or made tend to sell it at 'car boot sales', rather than at trendy 'Farmers Market's :thumbsup: When I first knew Tool Man, he used to keep chickens, and sell eggs to his regulars :D He once had a go at marmalade-making too, it wasn't bad, but he reckoned it cost too much to make :thumbsup:
My Gator lamb performed admirably at work today.

zeWt6UN.jpg
Just the ticket Jeff :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, starting to feel a bit less-stressed than I have done in several months. It has been Hell for leather since Christmas, and even having a stroke didn't seem to take the pressure off much. I have put my foot down with work, and am trying to avoid the other things that were causing me stress (such as reading the news!). I think when I go to Crete, I'm going to turn my phone off altogether, though that may mean a lot more to do when I get back :rolleyes: I am looking forward to reading Emily Wilson's translation of The Odyssey, a book I've enjoyed since I was a kid, and never tire of. Here in Yorkshire, it looks like another nice day - two in a row must be a record this year! I have a few things to do indoors, but then I think I'll venture out for a short walk, as there are a couple of things I need to pick up. I hope everyone has a relaxing and peaceful Sunday :) :thumbsup:

That looks like a good grip Mitch :) Oak Lamb is looking nicely lived-in :D :thumbsup:

Hope it was a great game pal :) Patina is coming along nicely :) :thumbsup:
Evening Jack
It does have a good grip, yep oak lamb is getting it's own personality 😎
Was a good game, the only sport I emwatch these days.
Have a good day mate.

Evening Jack
It does have a good grip, yep oak lamb is getting it's own personality 😎
Was a good game, the only sport I emwatch these days.
Have a good day mate.
Thanks a lot Mitch, it sounds like you had a good day yourself :) :thumbsup:

Oak & a dash of color on a dreary Sunday.

Oh and needed the grippy tread, out the back is a bit flooded & slippery.😁

Oak Lamb is looking good !

Good morning Guardians, starting to feel a bit less-stressed than I have done in several months. It has been Hell for leather since Christmas, and even having a stroke didn't seem to take the pressure off much. I have put my foot down with work, and am trying to avoid the other things that were causing me stress (such as reading the news!). I think when I go to Crete, I'm going to turn my phone off altogether, though that may mean a lot more to do when I get back :rolleyes: I am looking forward to reading Emily Wilson's translation of The Odyssey, a book I've enjoyed since I was a kid, and never tire of. Here in Yorkshire, it looks like another nice day - two in a row must be a record this year! I have a few things to do indoors, but then I think I'll venture out for a short walk, as there are a couple of things I need to pick up. I hope everyone has a relaxing and peaceful Sunday :) :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit less stressed buddy, I hope you have a nice day of relaxation !

Stress will get you. I laugh a lot. My cat cracks me up all day. Learning about knives and hanging out here is another great way for me to avoid stress. The only stressful thing with knives is waiting for the mail when I have one incoming. Yesterday I got my zen on putting a new edge on this lambsfoot. It took some time. I used a polish cloth to shine up the blade a bit. Pretty good way to relax.
IMG_2904.jpeg

Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit less stressed buddy, I hope you have a nice day of relaxation !
Thanks a lot Steve, I have always done everything on 11, so it will take some time for me to adjust to the new reality, but I'm trying:) :thumbsup:
Stress will get you. I laugh a lot. My cat cracks me up all day. Learning about knives and hanging out here is another great way for me to avoid stress. The only stressful thing with knives is waiting for the mail when I have one incoming. Yesterday I got my zen on putting a new edge on this lambsfoot. It took some time. I used a polish cloth to shine up the blade a bit. Pretty good way to relax.
View attachment 2555661
Yeah, you're right Kurt :rolleyes: I laugh a lot too, and disappoint my grumbling, I am lucky to have a non-depressive, sunny disposition - just as well, with some of the luck I have! :eek: :D Nice work there my friend, I do think sharpening can be very therapeutic, and meditative, once you're in the zone :) :thumbsup:

I've just had a walk down to Charlie's, which is about a mile away. I like where I live, and it's a very friendly area, and when the weather is OK, a lot of people sit outside. Sometimes, it can take me half an hour, or longer, to get to the bottom of my street, as I stop and chat to neighbours, and sometimes strangers. Down on the main road, there were quite a lot of folks, sitting out on benches, or just hanging around. I had a coffee and a bottle of water in Charlie's, and read a couple of chapters from my book, before picking up some garlic at the shop next door, and walking back up the hill. There are a lot of young kids nearby, and they all play out in the street together, which is nice. You don't always see that in other areas, but it is very common where I live. I think I'm going to read a bit more, maybe have a cup of some 'hippy' tea I bought from the market, and then think about cooking something to eat :) I hope everyone is having a great day :thumbsup:

I've been doing some plinking, which I also find very relaxing :) I'm always tempted to take a slingshot away with me, as they weigh so little, but there's always the chance there'll be nowhere to use it, or that folks will think you're trying to kill wildlife, or cause damage :rolleyes: Sissi, the place, I'm going to in Crete, is really small, but I discovered they actually have an archery range :) Does airsoft too, which I've never tried :D :thumbsup:

This Eggington Rodgers Lambsfoot Barlow has a lot of cant to the blade. Strange company Eggington, the firm existed prior to them acquiring the great Sheffield names, but they didn't make knives, and have relied on jobbing cutlers, ever since, so far as I know. Stan Shaw even made a few folders for them at one point, before falling out with the old gaffer.

View attachment 2555661

Lovely Lamb !

Thanks a lot Steve, I have always done everything on 11, so it will take some time for me to adjust to the new reality, but I'm trying:) :thumbsup:

Yeah, you're right Kurt :rolleyes: I laugh a lot too, and disappoint my grumbling, I am lucky to have a non-depressive, sunny disposition - just as well, with some of the luck I have! :eek: :D Nice work there my friend, I do think sharpening can be very therapeutic, and meditative, once you're in the zone :) :thumbsup:

I've just had a walk down to Charlie's, which is about a mile away. I like where I live, and it's a very friendly area, and when the weather is OK, a lot of people sit outside. Sometimes, it can take me half an hour, or longer, to get to the bottom of my street, as I stop and chat to neighbours, and sometimes strangers. Down on the main road, there were quite a lot of folks, sitting out on benches, or just hanging around. I had a coffee and a bottle of water in Charlie's, and read a couple of chapters from my book, before picking up some garlic at the shop next door, and walking back up the hill. There are a lot of young kids nearby, and they all play out in the street together, which is nice. You don't always see that in other areas, but it is very common where I live. I think I'm going to read a bit more, maybe have a cup of some 'hippy' tea I bought from the market, and then think about cooking something to eat :) I hope everyone is having a great day :thumbsup:

That sounds like a great neighborhood !

That sounds like a great neighborhood !
Yeah, I hope I can live here the rest of my life Steve :) It has a reputation as a rough and tough neighbourhood, but I've never encountered anything, but kindness and respect :) :thumbsup:
Good morning all !

Carrying one of my Butler Lambs today. The temperature is warming up from a cold overnight and the sun is shining 👍

Looks like a beautiful day buddy, and your Butler is outstanding :cool: :thumbsup:

I wanted garlic for a simple pasta dish :) That's the pan, not my plate! :D :thumbsup:

Good job I'm not carrying Lucy today ;) :thumbsup:

A few months back, Mr & Mrs Tyson A Wright Tyson A Wright , Yorkshire's ambassadors in Northern California, very kindly sent me a parcel of goodies, including some locally produced produce 😋 I've been looking forward to trying this olive oil, which was absolutely gorgeous on some toasted sourdough :) :thumbsup:

That's a nice one David, is a recent acquisition? :) I hope you get some better weather today buddy :) :thumbsup:
Yes just got the other day. I really like it so it'll be getting some carry time for a while. It's a nice cool, sunshining spring day.

Cool pic!

Nice Barlow Lamb 🐑 Glad you made made down to Charlie's for a coffee.
I've been doing some plinking, which I also find very relaxing :) I'm always tempted to take a slingshot away with me, as they weigh so little, but there's always the chance there'll be nowhere to use it, or that folks will think you're trying to kill wildlife, or cause damage :rolleyes: Sissi, the place, I'm going to in Crete, is really small, but I discovered they actually have an archery range :) Does airsoft too, which I've never tried :D :thumbsup:

This Eggington Rodgers Lambsfoot Barlow has a lot of cant to the blade. Strange company Eggington, the firm existed prior to them acquiring the great Sheffield names, but they didn't make knives, and have relied on jobbing cutlers, ever since, so far as I know. Stan Shaw even made a few folders for them at one point, before falling out with the old gaffer.
Glad you got to do some plinking.
Good morning all !

Carrying one of my Butler Lambs today. The temperature is warming up from a cold overnight and the sun is shining 👍

Nice Lamb 🐑

Back