Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Yes just got the other day. I really like it so it'll be getting some carry time for a while. It's a nice cool, sunshining spring day.

Cool pic!

Nice Barlow Lamb πŸ‘ Glad you made made down to Charlie's for a coffee.

Glad you got to do some plinking.

Nice Lamb πŸ‘
Congratulations David, you've scooped up some superb Lambs lately :cool: Thanks for the kind words :) :thumbsup:
Morning Guardians! Y'all have a good day. OMJ is saddled up.

Sweet :) :thumbsup:

Are you sure you looked everywhere Mitch? ;) :D :thumbsup:

That pizza looks great mate :) :thumbsup:

Yes David, he moves surprisingly fast for a fat, lazy, slob! :eek:🀣:thumbsup:

I've been taking my blood pressure the past few days, and seeing some sign for concern, I thought I'd show my results to Tool Man. That was a waste of time, he couldn't even be bothered to look 😠 Particularly as he was on his THIRD breakfast by then :rolleyes:

Having wolfed down the Full English, Tool Man lumbered off to buy some cakes...

Not long after, Carpark Dave dropped off a plateful of his wife's homemade cakes and cookies, and Shirley handed over some Cheese Twists. This odd character has recently been providing Tool Man with weekly gifts of his homemade jam...

The cool weather took everyone by surprise today, and I regretted swapping wool for cotton flannel :rolleyes: Thankfully, I missed the worst of the rain, which started when I was on my way home, and is still bouncing down outside :( Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:
Jack I absolutely laugh out loud seeing Tool man eating- that guy is going to drop soon- he needs to be careful.

My friend, you have me worried, I am doing my usual catch up and see that your blood pressure is getting there - but those readings on your chart worry me matey.

I have a blood pressure machine at home and can pretty much tell you how bang on it is, I bought the machine because for over 20 years I was walking around with a massive aneurysm on my Aortic Arch, so they were gauging me and waiting till it got to a certain size - and it got big! So blood pressure like you say is hugely important.

Are you feeling a difference at all Jack now that it's coming down now?

Jack I absolutely laugh out loud seeing Tool man eating- that guy is going to drop soon- he needs to be careful.
He doesn't seem to care mate! :eek: But then he is very, very stupid! :rolleyes:
My friend, you have me worried, I am doing my usual catch up and see that your blood pressure is getting there - but those readings on your chart worry me matey.

I have a blood pressure machine at home and can pretty much tell you how bang on it is, I bought the machine because for over 20 years I was walking around with a massive aneurysm on my Aortic Arch, so they were gauging me and waiting till it got to a certain size - and it got big! So blood pressure like you say is hugely important.

Are you feeling a difference at all Jack now that it's coming down now?
Thanks pal, it did come as a bit of a shock! I don't know how long it has been high, because it only came to light when I went to the hospital with the tooth abscess. On my previous visit to the docs, I had taken my own blood pressure, as instructed, with one of those great machines you stick your arm in. I handed the doc the print-out, and he threw it in the bin, without even looking at it! I don't think my problems are anything like you have had to endure though mate. I have been feeling stressed for a while Duncan, and taking it a bit easier, does feel a bit better. I've only been taking the tablets a couple of days, so hopefully my blood pressure will continue to come down, and hopefully I'll benefit from losing some weight, and eating a bit better. I hope you're doing OK yourself pal :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Steve, I have always done everything on 11, so it will take some time for me to adjust to the new reality, but I'm trying:) :thumbsup:

Yeah, you're right Kurt :rolleyes: I laugh a lot too, and disappoint my grumbling, I am lucky to have a non-depressive, sunny disposition - just as well, with some of the luck I have! :eek: :D Nice work there my friend, I do think sharpening can be very therapeutic, and meditative, once you're in the zone :) :thumbsup:

I've just had a walk down to Charlie's, which is about a mile away. I like where I live, and it's a very friendly area, and when the weather is OK, a lot of people sit outside. Sometimes, it can take me half an hour, or longer, to get to the bottom of my street, as I stop and chat to neighbours, and sometimes strangers. Down on the main road, there were quite a lot of folks, sitting out on benches, or just hanging around. I had a coffee and a bottle of water in Charlie's, and read a couple of chapters from my book, before picking up some garlic at the shop next door, and walking back up the hill. There are a lot of young kids nearby, and they all play out in the street together, which is nice. You don't always see that in other areas, but it is very common where I live. I think I'm going to read a bit more, maybe have a cup of some 'hippy' tea I bought from the market, and then think about cooking something to eat :) I hope everyone is having a great day :thumbsup:

It sounds like a great day in a great neighborhood. (Don't you start that song, Mr. Rogers!)
Sissi, the place, I'm going to in Crete, is really small, but I discovered they actually have an archery range :) Does airsoft too, which I've never tried :D :thumbsup:
I'll bet you could use the slingshot at the archery range.

He doesn't seem to care mate! :eek: But then he is very, very stupid! :rolleyes:

Thanks pal, it did come as a bit of a shock! I don't know how long it has been high, because it only came to light when I went to the hospital with the tooth abscess. On my previous visit to the docs, I had taken my own blood pressure, as instructed, with one of those great machines you stick your arm in. I handed the doc the print-out, and he threw it in the bin, without even looking at it! I don't think my problems are anything like you have had to endure though mate. I have been feeling stressed for a while Duncan, and taking it a bit easier, does feel a bit better. I've only been taking the tablets a couple of days, so hopefully my blood pressure will continue to come down, and hopefully I'll benefit from losing some weight, and eating a bit better. I hope you're doing OK yourself pal :thumbsup:
Jack, if you are using a digital BP machine take it in next time you see a doctor to make sure it’s calibrated. Also if you’re like me I need an extra large cuff because my bicep is too big. A smaller cuff will not give an accurate measurement.

It sounds like a great day in a great neighborhood. (Don't you start that song, Mr. Rogers!)

I'll bet you could use the slingshot at the archery range.
Thanks buddy :D I did think about that, but I might give the archery and airsoft a go :) I'm sure I have a corner of my suitcase I can stuff a slingshot in, or just carry it in my back pocket ;) :D :thumbsup:
Jack, if you are using a digital BP machine take it in next time you see a doctor to make sure it’s calibrated. Also if you’re like me I need an extra large cuff because my bicep is too big. A smaller cuff will not give an accurate measurement.
Thanks Dan, that's an invaluable information, I have wondered about the size of the cuff :thumbsup:
Afternoon all,
Just playing around πŸ™‚
Cool pic Mitch :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that your week has started well. With my holiday less than a week away now, I have plenty of stuff to do this week. I realised, last night, that I am going to have to get up around 2am to get to the airport, which is going to make for a long day :rolleyes: After a pleasant weekend, Monday is another wet day here, and it's set to rain heavily all day :( I came across this Old Friend today, and thought I'd start the week with it. After several years, of not being able to find a knife, from Wright's, which wasn't made appallingly, I was lucky to get hold of this one, which showed that they had at least one cutler worthy of the name. I obtained it from a vendor, who later proved unreliable, to put it kindly, but he had had the good sense to have some Lambsfoot knives made up with Ebony covers. I liked it a lot, and carried it a good deal. I later suggested that Wright's consider using more ebony, and in fact, I got them to make a few up for me, for friends, which I guess were my first SFOs. I showed the knife a lot here on BF, and it is probably the knife most influential in terms of starting this thread, which is now steadily making its way towards 100,000 posts and 5000 pages :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :D I did think about that, but I might give the archery and airsoft a go :) I'm sure I have a corner of my suitcase I can stuff a slingshot in, or just carry it in my back pocket ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan, that's an invaluable information, I have wondered about the size of the cuff :thumbsup:

Cool pic Mitch :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that your week has started well. With my holiday less than a week away now, I have plenty of stuff to do this week. I realised, last night, that I am going to have to get up around 2am to get to the airport, which is going to make for a long day :rolleyes: After a pleasant weekend, Monday is another wet day here, and it's set to rain heavily all day :( I came across this Old Friend today, and thought I'd start the week with it. After several years, of not being able to find a knife, from Wright's, which wasn't made appallingly, I was lucky to get hold of this one, which showed that they had at least one cutler worthy of the name. I obtained it from a vendor, who later proved unreliable, to put it kindly, but he had had the good sense to have some Lambsfoot knives made up with Ebony covers. I liked it a lot, and carried it a good deal. I later suggested that Wright's consider using more ebony, and in fact, I got them to make a few up for me, for friends, which I guess were my first SFOs. I showed the knife a lot here on BF, and it is probably the knife most influential in terms of starting this thread, which is now steadily making its way towards 100,000 posts and 5000 pages :thumbsup:

Have a great day Jack.
Cool looking lamb😎😎

FO09z11.jpg

I cant get over this stunning Hartshead, ALL of them are amazing- but this one here simply takes the Cake- LOVE IT!!
Sorry I took so long to get back to you with my thanks for the kind words. I've been slowly recovering from surgery but I'm on the mend and hopefully I'll be able to keep up with the Guardians now.
Bill

Is that epoxy wearing off at all Jer :thumbsup:

Glad everyone's OK Bill, and that you have better weather :) Hartshead Barlow looking good :) :thumbsup:

Great Black Friday choice Jeff :) :thumbsup:

How're you doing buddy? :) Nice-looking Lamb :) :thumbsup:

Hope you're having a great day David :) :thumbsup:

After a couple of coffees in Charlie's, I headed out to one of Leeds posher suburbs, where I did some shopping. The Arabic restaurant where I was intending to have lunch, was closed, so I ended up in some pricey hipster joint, where I ordered the Β£9 'Hummus Plate'. I was expecting a bit more than hummus on a plate (along with a quartered supermarket tortilla)! :rolleyes: No sign of the sun yet, but it's been dry at least, and milder :) Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Sorry that I took so long to reply to your post. Been slowly recovering from surgery and I'm doing my best to keep up with the Guardians.
Regards,
Bill

Good to hear you are relaxing πŸ™‚
Haircut 😳😳 I haven't been to a barber in over twenty years!
I have gone back to doing it myself since the beginning of the year, since even I can manage to use a set of clippers! 😁 As I'm going on holiday I thought I'd treat myself! πŸ˜πŸ˜‰πŸ‘
OTW has to be your most carried knife Jer πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Thanks Jack. Sorry that I took so long to reply to your post. Been slowly recovering from surgery and I'm doing my best to keep up with the Guardians.
Regards,
Bill
No apologies necessary Bill, I'm very glad to hear you're recovering OK buddy πŸ‘

Stress will get you. I laugh a lot. My cat cracks me up all day. Learning about knives and hanging out here is another great way for me to avoid stress. The only stressful thing with knives is waiting for the mail when I have one incoming. Yesterday I got my zen on putting a new edge on this lambsfoot. It took some time. I used a polish cloth to shine up the blade a bit. Pretty good way to relax.
View attachment 2555661
Very beautiful LF knife.

Back