Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning Guardians. Slowly recovering from my surgery. Got lots of catching up to do on the forum but I've got plenty of time. I attempted to rush things bit last week and paid the price. Just kicking back and relaxing all day but I'm bored to death. You can only sharpen so many knives!😆 My HHB keeping me company lately.
IMG-4510.jpg

Good morning Guardians. Slowly recovering from my surgery. Got lots of catching up to do on the forum but I've got plenty of time. I attempted to rush things bit last week and paid the price. Just kicking back and relaxing all day but I'm bored to death. You can only sharpen so many knives!😆 My HHB keeping me company lately.
IMG-4510.jpg
Sorry to hear you had problems Bill, I think old age comes as a shock to all of us. I am constantly surprised that I can't do the things I could do as a teenager! 😱 I hope you didn't pay too heavy a price my friend, and that you're able to get back to your walks, and your golfing soon 🙂 In the meantime, I'm sure BF can accommodate you in soaking up your time! 😉 👍

IMG-4510.jpg
Hope you have a speedy recovery 👍👍

Afternoon all,
Just playing around 🙂

Cool picture Mitch !

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that your week has started well. With my holiday less than a week away now, I have plenty of stuff to do this week. I realised, last night, that I am going to have to get up around 2am to get to the airport, which is going to make for a long day :rolleyes: After a pleasant weekend, Monday is another wet day here, and it's set to rain heavily all day :( I came across this Old Friend today, and thought I'd start the week with it. After several years, of not being able to find a knife, from Wright's, which wasn't made appallingly, I was lucky to get hold of this one, which showed that they had at least one cutler worthy of the name. I obtained it from a vendor, who later proved unreliable, to put it kindly, but he had had the good sense to have some Lambsfoot knives made up with Ebony covers. I liked it a lot, and carried it a good deal. I later suggested that Wright's consider using more ebony, and in fact, I got them to make a few up for me, for friends, which I guess were my first SFOs. I showed the knife a lot here on BF, and it is probably the knife most influential in terms of starting this thread, which is now steadily making its way towards 100,000 posts and 5000 pages :thumbsup:

Nice Ebony Lamb Jack !

IMG-4510.jpg

Best wishes for a quick recovery Bill !

Nice Ebony Lamb Jack !
Thanks Steve 🙂 Wright's had some nice ebony back then. It didn't last unfortunately, as, like all Sheffield cutlery firms, they buy as cheap as possible 🙄 It's well-made too, dates from the time young Ashley would have been winding-up his apprenticeship 👍

Good to hear you are relaxing 🙂
Haircut 😳😳 I haven't been to a barber in over twenty years!
I have noticed that people younger than me do not know how to cut hair. I like an old-fashinoned haircut from the mid-60's or earlier. Hard to find barbers who can do that. Barbers don't dress like barbers anymore, either.
--Grumpy Old Git

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that your week has started well. With my holiday less than a week away now, I have plenty of stuff to do this week. I realised, last night, that I am going to have to get up around 2am to get to the airport, which is going to make for a long day :rolleyes: After a pleasant weekend, Monday is another wet day here, and it's set to rain heavily all day :( I came across this Old Friend today, and thought I'd start the week with it. After several years, of not being able to find a knife, from Wright's, which wasn't made appallingly, I was lucky to get hold of this one, which showed that they had at least one cutler worthy of the name. I obtained it from a vendor, who later proved unreliable, to put it kindly, but he had had the good sense to have some Lambsfoot knives made up with Ebony covers. I liked it a lot, and carried it a good deal. I later suggested that Wright's consider using more ebony, and in fact, I got them to make a few up for me, for friends, which I guess were my first SFOs. I showed the knife a lot here on BF, and it is probably the knife most influential in terms of starting this thread, which is now steadily making its way towards 100,000 posts and 5000 pages :thumbsup:

Nice Ebony Lamb 🐑
IMG-4510.jpg
Glad your on the mend Bill. HHB is great!

I have noticed that people younger than me do not know how to cut hair. I like an old-fashinoned haircut from the mid-60's or earlier. Hard to find barbers who can do that. Barbers don't dress like barbers anymore, either.
--Grumpy Old Git
It didn't look like the guy who was next to me in the chair was having much done, but they sure took a long time over it, feller must have been sat down 45 minutes or more! :eek: I want to be in and out as soon as possible. I was at a new place today, Barry The Original Ted recommended it. Seemed OK, hard to mess up a No2 crop - unless you're Barber Brian! :eek: 🤣 The thing I didn't like it is, due to it's location opposite the market, they get loads of idiots wandering in, talking rubbish. When I'm having my hair cut, I want the barber concentrating on cutting my hair, not talking to random nut-jobs. One guy wandered in TWICE. I've come across him before, and humanity would benefit from his absence :rolleyes:
Nice Ebony Lamb 🐑
Thanks David :) :thumbsup:
Good afternoon !

Carrying old Stripy today

Sweet! :cool: :thumbsup:

It didn't look like the guy who was next to me in the chair was having much done, but they sure took a long time over it, feller must have been sat down 45 minutes or more! :eek: I want to be in and out as soon as possible. I was at a new place today, Barry The Original Ted recommended it. Seemed OK, hard to mess up a No2 crop - unless you're Barber Brian! :eek: 🤣 The thing I didn't like it is, due to it's location opposite the market, they get loads of idiots wandering in, talking rubbish. When I'm having my hair cut, I want the barber concentrating on cutting my hair, not talking to random nut-jobs. One guy wandered in TWICE. I've come across him before, and humanity would benefit from his absence :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, Jack. I don't mind some friendly conversation, but I DO want the barber to concentrate. Once last year I got the right side of the back of my head significantly shorter than the left side. Never went back. Looking for a barber like this:

Lambsfoot content:

I know what you mean, Jack. I don't mind some friendly conversation, but I DO want the barber to concentrate. Once last year I got the right side of the back of my head significantly shorter than the left side. Never went back. Looking for a barber like this:

Lambsfoot content:
Absolutely, conversation is all part of the job, but talking over your shoulder to some idiot who shouldn't even be in the shop, is a definite no. I once had my hair cut by a woman, who was on her phone the entire time. I couldn't believe her bad manners, never went back. That is terrible about your hair, what a rotten barber. Barber Brian LOOKS like an old-fashioned barber, but that chap has something Brian lacks - a pair of glasses! :rolleyes: 🤣 Nice shot of your '19 buddy :) :thumbsup:

--Grumpy Old Git
😃😃
You like what you like. Barbers have made a come back, sort of. They are franchise 1s. There's about 4 in the 1 shopping centre. The biggest has about 8 chairs and called something like barber king 🥹 if I went the Berber it would be for a polish and buffing. I've been a clean head for 20+ years.

The best 1s were the hole in the wall style, room for barber chair and a few waiting chairs
I walked past 1 barber's at Cardiff had a, 65 inch TV on the wall with playstion or xbox attached.

--Grumpy Old Git
Well, I wouldn’t know. I haven’t been to a barber shop for the last forty years. When you have an old man pony tail all you have to do is cut the ends when it becomes hard to brush out. 🤷

😃😃
You like what you like. Barbers have made a come back, sort of. They are franchise 1s. There's about 4 in the 1 shopping centre. The biggest has about 8 chairs and called something like barber king 🥹 if I went the Berber it would be for a polish and buffing. I've been a clean head for 20+ years.

The best 1s were the hole in the wall style, room for barber chair and a few waiting chairs
I walked past 1 barber's at Cardiff had a, 65 inch TV on the wall with playstion or xbox attached.
LOL! :D Yeah, LOADS of them have opened over the past 10 or 15 years here too, but they're all run by skinny hipsters, with fake prisons tattoos, and oiled beards, or waxed moustaches, who charge the best part of £50 for a trim, so they can dress like they actually do a hard day's work, rather than sitting around drinking 'skinny latte's, and swapping moustache stories with their fellow hipsters :rolleyes: Just sayin'! 🤣 ;):thumbsup:
Evening Guardians! Lollygagging today.

Sure is a beauty :) :thumbsup:
Bobstag today

Prester John Prester John Vince. I have no complaints with my current barber 😁 the kids gave me a pitbull skull shaver last Father's day.😎
Cool patina Mitch :) How do you find that shaver? I might treat Wolfie. He has been wet-shaving his head, virtually every day since he was 14. Apparently, prior to that, he had both the hairline, and the hair, of Art Garfunkel in the 70's! 🤣:thumbsup:

Well, I wouldn’t know. I haven’t been to a barber shop for the last forty years. When you have an old man pony tail all you have to do is cut the ends when it becomes hard to brush out. 🤷
🤣:thumbsup:
Hope I didn’t miss too much. I have been away for a couple days. A nice day off today. Got some stuff done around the yard. Charlie lamb was in the pocket today.

Sy1rccl.jpeg
I'm glad you had a good day buddy :) Charlie Lamb is looking good :) :thumbsup:
Afternoon all,
Needed my hat, I got talked into washing Lilly's car, it was filthy too.

& Can you guess what I had for late lunch😉
Kids never stop! :D :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is doing OK. I don't know what on earth was up with my internet signal last night, but I had to give up in the end :rolleyes: Despite the poor weather here yesterday, I didn't have such a bad day, and got a bunch of errands and jobs done. The guy who runs the small Tunisian place in the market, has been away visiting his folks for a couple of weeks, and so, even before midday, he was struggling to keep up with demand. I didn't think I was going to get a table at first! :D The African greengrocer, with the stall next door, from an earlier, and hungrier, wave of immigration, thinks his neighbour is a fool for closing his business for 2 weeks, and not shy about speaking his mind! :D I don't know if anyone remembers the photos I posted, a few months ago, of a suspicious fire that broke out at an old house, on Leeds' oldest streets. They were supposed to be doing work to preserve it, but I never saw any evidence of it, and conveniently, (for both landlord, Council, and developer), it has now collapsed, which is a great shame :( Unfortunately, I had left home without my camera, but took a few pics on my phone. The photos take me back to being a kid, when I used to see entire streets like that, that were bombed by the Luftwaffe. They were my playground! :eek:

It's raining here, yet again, at the moment :rolleyes: I have plenty of stuff to do indoors, but could do with going into town later, if I get time. Carrying my Hartshead Barlow :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

Back