Gun Picture Thread

I have medium hands but I think I understand a little of that. I never warmed up to any modern polymer pistol before the P07. Twenty-five years shooting, collecting, and working at gun stores, I never found anything that ticked all the boxes for me and fit my hand properly. I installed the Cajun Gun Works Prograde kit in mine. It’s just a primary range pistol and home defense gun for me though. I don’t carry it. I like the grip and trigger positioning. Shoots real smooth with the extra weight out front and heavier recoil spring.

View attachment 2458330

I'm considering adding a light to mine.

Nice!!! Can’t go wrong with any of those CZ75 variants. I love the grips and inverted frame rails, and there are so many to choose from now. It was their rimfires that I first fell in love with more than twenty years ago. I haven’t handled any of their new stuff yet. Curious to hear how the 457 and 600 series stack up against the older ones.

View attachment 2458506

The 457 is a shooter. The only issue I had with it was finding magazines for it. They sell out fast.

I looked at the 457, my buddy has one and it’s a cloverleaf shooter @50 yards. But my Marlin 60 is also a cloverleaf shooter at the same distance, but semiautomatic.
Yup. I’m usually looking at 3/8” clovers myself at around 50yds. Pretty sure it’s the ammo I use, together with the fact I’m not destined for Olympic rimfire fame. I had a pair of Izhmash Biathlon basics years ago that seemed to shoot well effortlessly, but I also had enormous scopes on them.

A few buddies have 457 but I haven’t been able to extract meaningful comparisons from them for various reasons. No one I know has bought a 600 series yet.

I'm considering adding a light to mine.
Do it!

I think the extra weight out there at the end helps mitigate recoil a bit, and prevents me flinching as much. Additionally, it’s my home defense gun and I can’t imagine not having a light. It was a bit of a dinosaur even at the time I bought it, but I’m still a huge fan of the Inforce APLc. So many better and brighter options out there now.

Do it!

I think the extra weight out there at the end helps mitigate recoil a bit, and prevents me flinching as much. Additionally, it’s my home defense gun and I can’t imagine not having a light. It was a bit of a dinosaur even at the time I bought it, but I’m still a huge fan of the Inforce APLc. So many better and brighter options out there now.

I throw on a TLR1HL at night. I'm debating on a TLR7A though. I've never owned an Inforce.

Sweet VZ 61. Do you have the brace for it?
Thanks!

No. Both my 58 and 61 are very early D-Technik. I jumped the instant they came out. Not even sure if that was an option for me at that time. The VZ58 isn’t drilled and tapped for a side rail and the VZ61 isn’t drilled and tapped for the stock mount. They’re both very basic but super fun to shoot.

DTd4jFN.jpg

Back