• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Has Great Eastern Cutlery peaked in popularity?

Why do people who can’t land knife drops come up with the dumbest ideas to “fix” businesses that are being very successful with their current business models?
Why do people put words in quotes that were never used in said stupid statements? So,e things just are.

Why do people who can’t land knife drops come up with the dumbest ideas to “fix” businesses that are being very successful with their current business models?

the idea of offering 1 or 2 knives per address was never offered to 'fix' their business, I know they sell everything they can make...
the idea was to improve customer acquisition engagement & get more of us who have given up on the current process to try again

of course, it's easier to continue attacking a genuinely good idea using a straw man argument that was never offered in the first place ; )

the idea of offering 1 or 2 knives per address was never offered to 'fix' their business, I know they sell everything they can make...
the idea was to improve customer acquisition engagement & get more of us who have given up on the current process to try again

of course, it's easier to continue attacking a genuinely good idea using a straw man argument that was never offered in the first place ; )
Okay, then we will handle this good idea. GEC uses the dealer model and therefore is not directly interfacing with the customer at purchase, so how are they going to implement this? Most dealers only allow one knife per order some per house already. (This doesn't stop an individual from getting knives from several dealers.) However it is pretty much what you are suggesting.

What I am really reading is, I want GEC to change so I can get a knife.

Somebody above referred to “the GEC collecting game.” Seems as if neither of us realized that’s what these knives are for. Pretty clear now.

Heh, the more people that give up, the easier it is for the rest of us. :D

Or people could just decide the juice aint worth the squeeze and move on. There's pretty much nothing I want bad enough to keep competing in a frustrating, and mostly losing, game to get. I gave up on any purchases that require me to sit by a computer or telephone and wait for a "drop" a long time ago. I have better things to do. This is a hobby and should be fun, no one needs a GEC. If you actually need a knife, one that can do the job as easily, if not better, and much cheaper, can be had at nearly anytime, 24/7, by clicking a button or, heaven forbid, walking into your local store.

Or people could just decide the juice aint worth the squeeze and move on. There's pretty much nothing I want bad enough to keep competing in a frustrating, and mostly losing, game to get. I gave up on any pruchases that require me to sit by a computer or telephone and wait for a "drop" a long time ago. I have better things to do. This is a hobby and should be fun, no one needs a GEC. If you actually need a knife, one that can do the job as easily, if not better, and much cheaper, can be had at nearly anytime, 24/7, by clicking a button or, heaven forbid, walking into your local store.
That is all true. I also support you and your priorities. However, there are a few that say that they have moved on that won't let it go. They come back here and other places and explain a better way for GEC to operate. Over and over again. I used to collect Oakleys, when they were bought out, I moved on. I couldn't tell you how to get a pair of Oakleys now to save my life. Haven't been on the forum or to the site in years.

Last edited:
That is all true. I also support you and your priorities. However, their are a few that say that they have moved on that won't let it go. They come back here and other places and explain a better way for GEC to operate. Over and over again. I used to collect Oakleys, when they were bought out, I moved on. I couldn't tell you how to get a pair of Oakleys now to save my life. Haven't been on the forum or to the site in years.
Go to every store everywhere and they'll have them. Problem solved. I was ground floor on Oakley from the Factory Pilots in the 80s to the splatter paint, and the super weird stuff.

But Oakley does something similar with their limited stuff, They'll have a special run that is sold out before they send the email notice.

Unrelated to glasses and knives but I had a story about Rolex turn up in my feed this morning. Apparently there is guy in the USA who wanted to get his wife a Rolex for a gift but the store shelves were empty. Cleaned out by scalpers in cahoots with the store employees it was thought. No word of a lie or exaggeration; his comment was "I'm rich. I should be able to buy one".

Go to every store everywhere and they'll have them. Problem solved. I was ground floor on Oakley from the Factory Pilots in the 80s to the splatter paint, and the super weird stuff.

But Oakley does something similar with their limited stuff, They'll have a special run that is sold out before they send the email notice.
Thank you. But seriously I have moved on. I still wear my monsterdogs and I am good.👍😎

Back