Hornswoggled!

its my new favourite handle material-I was veering away from bone to wood but some of the horn in this thread is unbelievably beautiful.
But the best thing about it is that when you work the horn its like having your own pet buffalo in the man cave for company and all that that entails -particularly the tail end. Whooof!
I thought antler smelled bad.:)

Its just hair Meako, just hair. I use to source some goat horn that finished up like your second from the right above. Cool stuff.

Camillus made (2004) Moore Maker trapper in Buffalo horn
voEwdkU.jpg

hRceMlG.jpg

Thanks guys. My first example of horn. I cannot get over how the light plays over the depth of the horn in all 3 dimensions. This is a big reason I've fallen for traditionals, that is the multitudinous handle materials, even the variation seen in a single type of material.

Gary, your pruner is a delight. I just picked up a GEC Whittler whose main blade similarly stands up tall although not as much as a pruner. I like that look.

Alan, we await your next past with great anticipation!

Thanks guys. My first example of horn. I cannot get over how the light plays over the depth of the horn in all 3 dimensions. This is a big reason I've fallen for traditionals, that is the multitudinous handle materials, even the variation seen in a single type of material.

Gary, your pruner is a delight. I just picked up a GEC Whittler whose main blade similarly stands up tall although not as much as a pruner. I like that look.

Alan, we await your next past with great anticipation!
Thank you Tom. I also await with great anticipation :) these horns have me hooked:D

There is a good pun out there with that nice knife and your moniker, Ramrod - I just can't think of it!!:rolleyes:

Very nice 4 1/4"s, Lyle!! Nicely cut horn!!:D

Lyle That Hogan is remarkable, a choice example. Looks like the horn has been cut on the bias for the grain effect?

Thanks, Will

Back