Horton Knives - Official Car Thread

Goin against the grain or maybe age :D but I'll take a stock motor and suspension on a newer vehicle anyday and have many long miles of smiles :D

Don't need loud or proud - just something that will haul a$$ with a load, in a hurry.

just my $.02 ;)

I think that we should agree to agree.;)

Nothin too fancy here. I just added enough this and that to let me keep up with an empty stocker when I'm full of oak.

Close to 100K on it now. No regrets. :)

P4130090copy.jpg

Been there done that Moddoo - Let's just say all the mods usually require more mods that end up costing one more than it's worth in gain

I guess my days of desert racing are coming to a close, at least for a while, due to kids and insurance/risk/ friends that have not come back in one piece, or at all, and mommas lack of enthusiasm for said activity. So, I will soldier on, on the occasional weekend here and there, up through the canyons and down the occasional straight, up against the rev limiter or out against the adhesion limits of tires or.....
Yeah, I hear you Bear, about reliability, there is a lot to be said for factory reliability. I have spent more time than I care to remember on the side of a back road but fortunately those days are far behind me, knock on wood, and, well, the aftermarket is, in a lot of ways, better than it used to be.
As far as loud and proud goes, you would be hard pressed to, 'see' any of the mods I have done to my vehicles, I don't need attention.

I hear you too Moddoo, I suppose it gets in your blood and once there, it's like a virus, dormant at times, but always there, looking for an opportunity to express itself.

Oh don't get me wrong - I still love the mods - but now I am fortunate enough to mod a vehicle that is not my primary - and I can beat it like a dog and still go home tonight with it on a trailer if necessary :D

picture.php

It's fast off road (55MPH) has 12 Inches of Ground clearance without a lift, will tow 2K+ and haul 1500+ and haul 3 passengers

I thought my 660 Grizzly was bad until I bought this :eek:

Got a winch and a way home :thumbup::D

I juiced my 2003 HD but was never certain about the economy of gains

I guess my days of desert racing are coming to a close, at least for a while, due to kids and insurance/risk/ friends that have not come back in one piece, or at all, and mommas lack of enthusiasm for said activity. So, I will soldier on, on the occasional weekend here and there, up through the canyons and down the occasional straight, up against the rev limiter or out against the adhesion limits of tires or.....
Yeah, I hear you Bear, about reliability, there is a lot to be said for factory reliability. I have spent more time than I care to remember on the side of a back road but fortunately those days are far behind me, knock on wood, and, well, the aftermarket is, in a lot of ways, better than it used to be.
As far as loud and proud goes, you would be hard pressed to, 'see' any of the mods I have done to my vehicles, I don't need attention.

I hear you too Moddoo, I suppose it gets in your blood and once there, it's like a virus, dormant at times, but always there, looking for an opportunity to express itself.

I gotcha Bear.

That thing is cool btw, I wonder what it would do with a bigger engine and gears .....Lol!

I'd have to mod the motor mounts to drop in a small block :D

While I do like the Ranger, I'm thinking about trading http://www.commanderforums.org/

:eek::D:thumbup:

Go for it Bear, looks good.

Back in the day bored out small blocks were so cool.:cool: Now its bored out flashlights.:eek:

Lol 'pluck!

The first time I heard of a bored out flashlight was right here, not long ago. The first thing I thought of was a small block. I had to laugh.

Cool Squish, now all you need is a couple Horton flags for the front fenders.:D Great idea with the used oil. Those Mercs are supposed to be easy to convert.

Company ride doesnt have to be fancy Jeremy. Just gotta keep the name out there. BTW this is that Abdullah the butcher from wrestling fame.
Abdullah.jpg

squishware,

That's awesome, I had a '75 300D for several years, loved that car, I have a gasser now, solid cars. Dude, I am diggin those palm trees, we don't see those in the NW.

Horton,
You need a Unimog company car.

Back