How many fishing rods do you own ?

Last count on fishing rods was 49, mostly for Lake Michigan salmon trolling.

snake 529 those are some great looking cane rods

i have 8 fly rods and one old loomis spinning rod.

just got a scott meridian 8 wt. . have sinking and floating line reels for it :D

Things have quieted down lately. I've only added 5 more in the last few months :eek:
All were excellent condition vintage Wright McGill's, with the exception of one fly rod that needs some TLC.
The reel seat, cork, guides, blank and finish are in very good condition, but the guides need rewrapped, so it is heading
to one of the local custom rod makers tomorrow for a total rewrap.

Recently my wife had a small problem with my saying I was going to pick up another fly rod a friend was selling. I took her to the basement and showed her that I only had 8 rods hanging. She said she thought I had more and walked away. Luckily she didn't count the pack rods in my closet, the couple in the corner behind the spare bedroom door, and any stored in our outbuilding.

Recently my wife had a small problem with my saying I was going to pick up another fly rod a friend was selling. I took her to the basement and showed her that I only had 8 rods hanging. She said she thought I had more and walked away. Luckily she didn't count the pack rods in my closet, the couple in the corner behind the spare bedroom door, and any stored in our outbuilding.

:D My wife knows better. She knows if she said anything, I would open the door to her walkin closet and start counting shoes and boots...
Besides, she can't say to much about my fishing rods because she has about 10 of her own

:D My wife knows better. She knows if she said anything, I would open the door to her walkin closet and start counting shoes and boots...
Besides, she can't say to much about my fishing rods because she has about 10 of her own
My wife has a good supply of fishing equipment including a couple fly-rods that are nicer than any I fish. I bought them for her hoping she would understand the difference in quality with more expensive equipment. I'm sure she owns more fishing equipment than purses and shoes. Her problem comes from her belief that there is such a thing as "too many" fishing rods:rolleyes:

My wife has a good supply of fishing equipment including a couple fly-rods that are nicer than any I fish. I bought them for her hoping she would understand the difference in quality with more expensive equipment. I'm sure she owns more fishing equipment than purses and shoes. Her problem comes from her belief that there is such a thing as "too many" fishing rods:rolleyes:

I consider myself very lucky because my wife loves to hunt and fish, and she definitely knows and appreciates good quality gear.
Her last addition to her small rod collection was a Lamiglas that she got before last season. Last summer we had to make a drive to Seattle,
which is about 320 miles from where we live, and I knew the Lamiglas factory is right off of I-5, so we stopped in there and looked around.

I left with two new spinning rods, and she got a really nice Lamiglas sweatshirt and t-shirt. That was the high point of the trip for both of us.

Some times you have to play a game too . My wife bought me a TenkaraUSA Iwana rod for Christmas to upgrade my Tenkara rods . I started fishing Tenkara with Fountainhead rods they are decent usable rods but not as good as the TenkaraUSA rods . I am giving my son-in-law my 12 ft fountainhead rod . Wife thinks I am keeping the same amount of rods being nice ,giving etc. Where as what I am really doing is getting him hooked on another type of fishing. which should give me more opportunities to fish with my son-in-law and more importantly my grandson :highly_amused::D

I learned to fish with Bamboo cane poles and have several 12' to 14' rods. Seems like the Tenkara is very much the same type of fishing....

Back