How often do you meet up with a group of like minded knife enthusiasts?

Did once several years back. A fun time was had by all. We really should try to more often. I've drastically reduced my presence here, due to tighter restrictions at work, so I feel very out of touch.

If anyone in the Lewisburg PA area is interested the Keystone Blade group meets at the Country Cupboard inn the third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm

Twice with same person. He came to my house for about 3 hours, later I went to his for same.

Compared knives, sharpening gear, steels, edge testing, sharpened knives. Enjoyed very much.

Virtually, every day right here. FTF, never.

Last edited:
FTF never. Some fellow retired military near me but they are only into guns. They don't dislike knives, but rather they put all their extra cash into guns, ammo, and accessories.

Mail Handlers in the old Chicago Post Office were knife enthusiasts. Mail handling is loading "60 pound" mail bags on a truck, or unloading a truck and shlepping the mail bags wherever they're supposed to go. My postal station was too small to have a Mail Handler assigned and loading/unloading trucks was an extra job for Letter Carriers. But a college friend of mine worked second shift as a Mail Handler in Chicago's central Post Office. The real Mail Handlers (not college boys) carried automatic knives which they compared for size and workmanship on every break. My friend started carrying a large folding knife which he produced to my astonishment while we were riding the Chicago "L" — but it's so long ago I've forgotten what he bought, probably a cheap stiletto.

Author Richard Wright worked in Chicago's old central Post Office and used it as the setting for his first novel. He decided not to publish it (correctly in my opinion) as too negative, but he held on to the manuscript and leaving no instructions to the contrary, it was published after his death as Lawd Today! If you're interested in this workplace culture, check out a copy from your public library.

I bumped into a knife guy at a store in San Antonio over the holidays. I thought I was bad because on occasion I find myself carrying 3 or 4. That guy had 8. I'm not sure why though.

I like the 6 BF people I’ve met in person.
We make a pretty good habit of getting together.

I’ll see Bikerector again this summer, and he’s as swell of a guy a you might imagine. Just hung out with Dergyll, 19-3ben and Coolbreezy37 like last Thursday. GaryC would have been there except for illness. All solid dudes and pretty hilarious.

JLauffer- met him Dec 1st and he’s a great guy of high caliber.

We all have varied tastes, but I find what is the fun part is the mindset we all share in common. Knife people just get it. So yeah, maybe I don’t care about buying the latest .5” thick auto, but one of them might and so I get to have a look at something I’d never otherwise examine. It’s a lot of fun. If you think kibitzing is fun online, it’s a lot of fun in person.

Well I live in Yukon Territory, with even my closest neighbour living a some 70 miles from my place. So unfortunately the only time I get to meet fellow knife enthusiast is every few years or so. But you guys are always welcome to come up for a visit 😁. Plenty of knife work to do around here. Skin a wolf, dress a moose, filet some fish 🤣

Well I live in Yukon Territory, with even my closest neighbour living a some 70 miles from my place. So unfortunately the only time I get to meet fellow knife enthusiast is every few years or so. But you guys are always welcome to come up for a visit 😁. Plenty of knife work to do around here. Skin a wolf, dress a moose, filet some fish 🤣
See, that sounds like a vacation to me!

-30F isn't terrible! Probably need a new knife or two for all that skinning. 🤔
Yup, it really isn’t. Last year around this time we already had at least a couple weeks of -40 to -65 by now.

Just a couple knives? Come on, don’t be stingy now 😜. You’d need at least a bushcraft, and edc, a hunter, a neck knife, a big and a small skinning knife, a Bowie, a couple throwing knifes strapped to your legs, a sword, a hawk and an ax. I’m sure I missed some lmao

Back