ID on throwing knives from The EXPENDABLES

I agree 9inch is to small... 4inches would be the handle with 5 left for the blade that blade is 9 inch (ish) on its own.

they look really similar, but they still don't seem to be the right size. The site says nine inches. The ones in the movie are at least 12

I agree. At least 12 inches. I want to know who made them so I can buy some! I bet they are a custom pieces. Cold Steel is the only manufacturer that has a product thats anywhere close, the Shanghai Shadow.

ShanghaiShadow.jpg

VS

kunai_throwing_knife_set_red_540.jpg

It's hard to tell with the limited amount of resources from the movie, I'm sure it will just be a matter of time before one of these bargain fantasy knife companies has a whole section dedicated to the Expendables Movie.
Getting a reasonable scale from that first photo (the clear one) was tough for me, i tried using his pinky finger as a reference and i would lean more towards it being the 9" set from my first post, since the only 12" set that i can find is ...
em20905rd.jpg

http://www.swordsnknife.com/anime-swords/giant-naruto-kunai-anime-throwing-knife/prod_390.html

..which doesn't look the same to me (it also looks like more of a decoration than a functional thrower).

My friend also really wants every knife from that movie, including that set so if i am wrong it would be great if someone would figure it out, since I'm going to buy him the 9"

I am definitely leaning towards the 3-PC Naruto Kunai from my first post...

12246146911431684474543.jpeg

http://www.knivesdeal.com/3-PC-Naruto-Kunai-Throwing-Knife-Set-9-Overall-10-RC869-3.htm

after studying the grind on the blade it looks to me like the Naruto set has more of a peak in the blade like in the first photo and its handle is also thinner like in the spinning photo and it has the flat grind on the ring as well.
This set does look like a better quality set of knives though...

97618480631%2Ejpg

http://www.wholesalecentral.com/edg...o0001/store.cfm?event=showcatalog&catid=74744

anyway whats $10 to find out, I'm doing it and you can't stop me! (unless they don't ship to NY that is...)

It seems to me the Naruto 9" set and the 9" Hapkido Glider set is the same although i do like the description of the Hapkido set more, it makes them sound less like a prop from a cartoon.

I thought Hapkido was a martial arts style i wasn't aware it was also throwing knife style. Wiki does mention weapons used by Hapkido but no mention of throwing knives in the list, i wonder if Stathams character randomly picked those knives or if he was supposed to be a Hapkido expert (it is a viscous art).

Well JJstone, i did order a pair of those Hapkido Gliders. I'll throw up a picture as soon as they arrive. You also mentioned something about ordering that 10$ pair? The biggest thing i hate about online is that sometimes the pictures are misleading.

Well JJstone, i did order a pair of those Hapkido Gliders. I'll throw up a picture as soon as they arrive. You also mentioned something about ordering that 10$ pair? The biggest thing i hate about online is that sometimes the pictures are misleading.

Ain't that the truth.

Yes. Hibben didnt make the throwers.
Linda Hibben was trying to find out where they came from but even she didnt know.
I have tried everywhere I really want these knives but cant find anything.

fantastic...

I wonder if we can just send a letter (or e-mail because no one does regular mail) to the producer or the props guy. There is usually a prop overseer that has their nose in all the props on a production.

I've ordered those 'Naruto Kunai' throwers and they are barely 6" in length, and actually smaller than they seem in those pictures. This is my first time seeing them advertised as 9", but with the pictures shown look exactly the same as the 6" version including the scale when compared to the sheath, etc.

fantastic...

I wonder if we can just send a letter (or e-mail because no one does regular mail) to the producer or the props guy. There is usually a prop overseer that has their nose in all the props on a production.

Those prop guys always have a good handle on things, with a little research hopefully someone gets ahand on an email address! Good idea man.

there is a bloke on the web that collects all things stallone and he has one of the knives used in the film along with other expendables props.
But there is no contact information for him to get some info or even just the lenth of them.
his site is slyprops or something like that.

Back