ID on throwing knives from The EXPENDABLES

Linda Hibben has been so kind as to contact me and she has been trying really hard to ID these knives.
Linda has contacted both the prop master from the expendables and the guy who collects props and has one of these knives and is awaiting an answer from both,and when she gets any info she will pass it on to us what a kind lady.
Thanks again Linda your a star.

Linda Hibben has been so kind as to contact me and she has been trying really hard to ID these knives.
Linda has contacted both the prop master from the expendables and the guy who collects props and has one of these knives and is awaiting an answer from both,and when she gets any info she will pass it on to us what a kind lady.
Thanks again Linda your a star.

Whoot! I want to thank her too for the work she's putting in!

and also to those naruto throwers, way to FAIL advertising department! You should get your money back JCRF!

the Latest news from Linda Hibben.
OK, bad news........from what I can find out, the throwers were made by or provided by a prop company especially for the film and they are not available for sale. It is my understanding the prop company is called ISS, however, I am not 100% positive my information is correct.
Thanks linda for taking the time to help out.

On the plus side I suppose any knife makers can now make copies of these so the Fantasy Knife Dealers are going to do well.
I just hope they make decent authentic copies.

Well, that would explain why there are no maker marks. No use advertising a product your not going to sell... If anyone does see remakes of this knife (that are half way decent) please post them :^)

And thanks to this Linda character for the help!

Ah, kinda shitty news. Maybe we will set replicas/remakes some time soon.

Jacko, a MAJOR thank you for all your investigating and research. We now at least have an answer. Thanks to everyone else for the help.

A pleasure... I want some as much as anyone.
But Linda Hibben did all the real work.
Thanks for your time Linda.

couple other pics

2gsq4ok.jpg

jh7r4i.jpg

Why would you like to have this knife?
double-sharpened blade and ring in handle. I just wonder how to throw it safely and effectively...

Why would you like to have this knife?
double-sharpened blade and ring in handle. I just wonder how to throw it safely and effectively...

I throw a double-edge knife regularly by the blade. It's all in how you grip it. (also, on the whole, throwers are not sharp... You really only need a good point. Unless you want to also use it as a regular knife.)

I cannot, however, speak for the ease of a handle throw with a ring. From the looks, though, it doesn't look that obtrusive.

Just got back from the moves and now i have to buy these knifes. Here are some great shots of the knife up close. They are real thick and look like they have some weight to them.
Knifeshotone.jpg

Knifeshottwo.jpg

So after geting back from the movies its about 2:00 am now and im tired. If this helps in find the right knife please let me know where i can buy them thanx Rusty

improbable as it may sound...
ever thought that maybe some movie magic might have been in play possibly adding to this state of confusion?
was thinking perhaps something...CGI?
it's so entirely incredible, how the draw of a popular movie can bring instant fame to a nameless nothing so quick :)

Back