ID on throwing knives from The EXPENDABLES

I've been a member here for 4 years and I haven't posted very often; however, I stumbled across this thread on a google search and thought I would chime in. These are the closest that I have found

http://www.madpandastore.com/6-piece-expendables-steel-throwing-knife-set

000146%206%20Piece%20The%20Expendables%20Steel%20Throwing%20Knife%20Set.jpg

Size is 6 1/2" long which I believe is smaller according to earlier posts; however, the shape and cord wrap seem to be identical to the ones in the movie. The 6 set is also priced extremely well. If anyone can find 9 inches I would love to hear it. Thanks everyone

This seems like one that is 12" as you described. but if you look at the picture the Ring that Jason is spinning round seems thick and flat. there may not be any company that will be able to replicate that as it may have been a prop and not a real blade that he was 'playing' with...

but try this link they have 3 of the 5 used in the movie
NO DEAL SPOTTING!!!!! Do not post links to dealers that do not support BladeForums!!!
Bobby
:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found these throwing knives from the movie. They're produced by United Cutlery and available at budk.com. search under either kunai or check the subcategories on the left of the page for the movie title. They are the 12 inch version that were seen in the movie, and reasonably priced for a set of 3.

NO DEAL SPOTTING!!!!! Do not post links to dealers that do not support BladeForums!!!
Bobby ^__^ 12 inches of AUS-6 stainless steel and a certificate saying "Ya, these ams the knives from the movie!" XD

dunno if my last post showed up, but these ARE officially licensed, 12 inch, United Cutlery, Expendables Kunai throwing knives! NO DEAL SPOTTING!!!!! Do not post links to dealers that do not support BladeForums!!!
Bobby and theyr'e around $30 XD

united cutlery makes a version of these throwing knives. the blade is made up of aus 6 steel. i dont know the blade length, but the overall length is 12 inches.

Bobby

Set with sheath

Bobby

Set with sheath

Looking for a folder like the one stanahm uses but without the crazy price tag

I think the Thread got a little off track. The folder is a Cold Steel Large Espada that you can find for about $200

This year they have made a G10 Large Espada that should cost around Half that at $110

Also there is the Option of the 5.5" Clip Point Voyager that is around $52

As they get less expensive they do get lighter and None of them are Good Long Lasting Throwers. IMHO

Note: Statham didn't use the Espada, that was Mickey Rourke. I think the folder referred to is the one Statham uses to stab the basketball when he finishes the fight on the basketball court......

Note: Statham didn't use the Espada, that was Mickey Rourke. I think the folder referred to is the one Statham uses to stab the basketball when he finishes the fight on the basketball court......

Damn I hate it when I make a mistake of fact!:grumpy::D You are most likely Correct. Now I have to watch that whole movie again for that one clip! Well there are worse ways to spend the afternoon!:thumbup:

(EDIT) The BasketBall knife was Identified as a Darrel Ralph in another thread and on DR's website.

DDR AXD 3D Tanto Crazy Priced at over $300 to $600? depending on how you like it
axd%203d%20lr.jpg

Last edited:
Check out AllNinjaGear they have the throwing knives from the movie The Expendables
Bobby

Is there a cheaper knife similar to that folder

Not like a 20 buck crap knife but something around 60 to 90 bucks maybe 100

I found this. They are functional, exact replicas. Made with anodized AUS-6 stainless steel. Are measured at twelve inches, which is exact movie length, film does cause size distortions.
Bobby

Back