Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it and will not purchase knives with it

• I dislike it to the point I will not consider future CRK

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of CRK's without the stamp. I plan on sending them back and having "Idaho Made" stamped on them.

I think the Idaho Made stamp looks great!The best memories I had as a kid were out fishing on Coeur d'Alene lake for cut throat trout with my Father or the time we spent backpacking in the forest.There was so much freedom you could almost taste it.It was like Heaven on Earth.I believe I understand why Mr Reeve proudly put the stamp on his knives.

Thank you for all your sometimes passionate oppinions.But I can not please everybody all of the time. It is there for a reason that is important and is not going away.So calm down and be happy.
I respect a man that shoots straight,something not often seen these days. Airborne All The Way!:thumbup:

I was actually a little disappointed when my small silver thumb stud Sebenza 21 arrived without the "Idaho Made" stamp....I thought I was missing out on something.Being a Canadian,I think the stamp adds to the pedigree of the knife. To me, it denotes that a group of passionate workers in Idaho put everything they had into producing this knife and were proud enough to put their name on it.

I voted in this poll, and probably posted somewhere here (too lazy to search back) - but I think I was one of the people belly-aching about the stamp.

I have since bought a large Sebenza and Umnumzaan with the stamp - and it really doesn't bother me.

I remember not too long ago when Spark changed the format of this forum and quite a few people complained about it - now I can't even remember what the old format looked like!

I think as humans we are adverse to change - it's a built in defense mechanism - but in time all new things become old and we grow more comfortable with them.

Need to add to poll - Don't care if the stamp is on there or not.
+1 vote for me.

You beat me to it & as a result of that, I didn't vote. I can't say I like or dislike it & I certainly wouldn't be willing to spend an extra $100 to get one W/O it as one member stated. I'm not knocking his opinion to be willing to do so, just that it's not that big of a deal to me.

I'm surprised this post is still being dug up after it's become clear the stamp is here to stay. That being said, just looking at the results, I gotta wonder how many folks in the "won't buy" category made that vote as a knee-jerk reaction, and have since changed their mind (or aren't even CRK customers to begin with, but just like to complain). I only wonder this, because assuming the poll is even a moderately accurate representation of CRK customers as a whole, it shows almost half the folks saying they won't buy any knives with the stamp. If that's the case, you'd think there would be an abundance of in-stock Sebbies found online, but actually it's quite the opposite. I'm thinking CRK sales are doing just fine, and very likely higher than they were this time last year. Yeah, I'd rather see the stamp orientated differently, but it won't affect my decision to buy one down the road if I ever decide for some crazy reason I actually need more than 3 Sebenzas, one Mnandi and who knows how many Benchmades in my inventory.

The stamp is horrible, the austere beauty of the Sebenza have been broken. Never would be the same again... :(

I'd love to live in Idaho, so a stamp of being made in Idaho is pretty nice! Close as I will get to Idaho...

Do those who have an issue with the stamp just sit there and stare at their knife under a magnifying glass? I'm looking at my small 21 right now and I barely notice it. I can't see it at all on the Zaan.

Maybe it's these ancient, failing eyes of mine. Yeah, I'll attribute it to that. :D

Last edited:
I am just another who thinks CRK made something of an error of judgement in this

Which is a shame. I have few sebs, but I sold my large plain classic some time ago - because it had classic written on it. And I have been scraping up enough to get a 21 over the past year. Now this. It's enough to make a person spit

Don't worry, I like Idaho enough and go there lots. Just this stamp gets right up my nose.

Those who have made an issue of this seem to be somewhat anal retentive from my perspective. Good Lord.

It's all good. No one forces us to buy these knvies. And there's plenty for sale in the BST forums and on eBay. Eveyone can be happy. :thumbup:

I am just another who thinks CRK made something of an error of judgement in this

Which is a shame. I have few sebs, but I sold my large plain classic some time ago - because it had classic written on it. And I have been scraping up enough to get a 21 over the past year. Now this. It's enough to make a person spit

Don't worry, I like Idaho enough and go there lots. Just this stamp gets right up my nose.

I'm surprised this post is still being dug up after it's become clear the stamp is here to stay. That being said, just looking at the results, I gotta wonder how many folks in the "won't buy" category made that vote as a knee-jerk reaction, and have since changed their mind (or aren't even CRK customers to begin with, but just like to complain). I only wonder this, because assuming the poll is even a moderately accurate representation of CRK customers as a whole, it shows almost half the folks saying they won't buy any knives with the stamp. If that's the case, you'd think there would be an abundance of in-stock Sebbies found online, but actually it's quite the opposite. I'm thinking CRK sales are doing just fine, and very likely higher than they were this time last year. Yeah, I'd rather see the stamp orientated differently, but it won't affect my decision to buy one down the road if I ever decide for some crazy reason I actually need more than 3 Sebenzas, one Mnandi and who knows how many Benchmades in my inventory.

There is a lot of parroting that goes on in the forums so i would say you brought up a good point.

I think the issue is that it isn't even a moderately accurate representation of CRK customers as a whole. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back