Is Chris Reeve gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Ryan , what we do with our knives is totally up to us . What the Reeves Family does with their lives and Company is totally up to them.

I do not see any posts talking about their home life. But if we are, it is because their home life was their work life. A family owned and operated business.

I do not care what happens at home, if they stay married, divorced, have ten kids, vote democrat... or sit on their butt and watch TV all day. I just do not care.

What happens at the company I am completely interested in. As many in this group are. We know many of their employees by name. (We have numerous threads dedicated to Heather discussions.) We have a bunch of money invested in their products. And before you throw out the "so whats"... it matters. Already you see prices falling on the secondary market. Just look here on BF and the whole first page of sales threads are rarer knives you would normally only see maybe every other page of sales worth. A Large Regular UG in mint condition with damascus sitting at 850.. TWO annuals...LDC-9... an employee knife... On the Facebook page I saw a large regular go for 375. I bought two Sebenza 25s.... one for 220 and another for 250. I have a OPK coming I only paid 250 for. Good time to be a buyer.

I will not lose sleep, or cry, over what is happening but I am interested and can understand why other people are as well.

I do not think CRK is about to tank in quality. I think Chris set a standard and instilled that standard in his employees and family. And like what has been mentioned numerous times, Anne has been right there at the top for a very long time. She is quite capable in my opinion in maintaining the standard and I will continue to be a customer.

Time to close this thread.

Someone mentioned the Reeves son . When it comes to divorce it's a touchy subject and the parties involved may hate each other or they may still care for each other but just can't be married anymore .

That being said the fact that they have a child or children that one day will take over this business should be reassuring IMHO .

It's not like CR is banned from the shop ,he's still a consultant or whatever they say he is but he's still involved .

I seriously doubt that Chris or Anne would allow their children's futures or their grandchildren or go even further I see CR knives lasting a long time who know in 100 years it could be like case knives .

Point being I doubt they are going to do anything different ,they have a good thing going here and I'm sure they could both retire and be comfortable. Then the next generation take over and repeat .

Chris Reeves kids know their Dad is a knife making genius . He built a brand and built something that is going to let his family have a great life as well .

I don't see any of the Reeves as people to cut corners on anything . They built their brand on that and if they start that then IMHO they are just another knife company . Personally I think we are all going to be alright.

I never said the Reeve family couldn't. All I am defending is people's curiosity into what is going on and why they are curious.

For some reason.. you and others keep saying people are digging into their private lives. We aren't. I do not care what they do at home. But there are some things that happen at the company that actually influence us.

But I do care what the company does. And if you don't you are naive. There are a lot of knives very similar in design and materials to a Sebenza at a much lower price point. (Not talking about knock offs) Why pay the premium for a Sebenza over say a Bradley Alias? There is a collector's market for a lot of their knives, one that is influenced if people hear the founder of a company left. Sky do you think Apple pushing out Jobs in the 80s was relevant to the failures that followed until he returned?

People are curious. Let them vent. Once new designs start coming out people will see if the quality and innovation is still there and things will calm down.

I love Chris Reeve Knives. I am not a hater. I think they will be very successful still.

I never said the Reeve family couldn't. All I am defending is people's curiosity into what is going on and why they are curious.

For some reason.. you and others keep saying people are digging into their private lives. We aren't. I do not care what they do at home. But there are some things that happen at the company that actually influence us.

But I do care what the company does. And if you don't you are naive. There are a lot of knives very similar in design and materials to a Sebenza at a much lower price point. (Not talking about knock offs) Why pay the premium for a Sebenza over say a Bradley Alias? There is a collector's market for a lot of their knives, one that is influenced if people hear the founder of a company left. Sky do you think Apple pushing out Jobs in the 80s was relevant to the failures that followed until he returned?

People are curious. Let them vent. Once new designs start coming out people will see if the quality and innovation is still there and things will calm down.

I love Chris Reeve Knives. I am not a hater. I think they will be very successful still.

Wasn't talking about you in my posts.

I know, I was posting in response to Sky.. you posted while I was still typing. It kind of left an awkward moment. :)

Taken from this post:

Anne and Chris got divorced..Anne got the company in the end..he is gone from the company and cannot use his own name to create a new company.

Simple.

Simple, but wrong. I don't agree with a system that does not allow you to use your OWN name. CRK should be rebranded in ARK, but that's my own opinion.

Well since LW won't sell her collection at a loss I will have to just make due with stalking her photos.

:)

Simple, but wrong. I don't agree with a system that does not allow you to use your OWN name. CRK should be rebranded in ARK, but that's my own opinion.

We're not privy to what agreement they may have come to, as we shouldn't be. What's to say the man didn't gladly sign away that right, so he wouldn't be tempted to come out of his well-earned retirement.

Matt Gregory reported they were at blade together eating at the same table, so there that:)

Points from this thread that matter;

1) Chris is basically retired per the documentation on the CRK website and BLADE pamphlet
2) Chris is consulting with CRK on designs and possibly other projects.
3) The details of their marriage and divorce really are not pertinent when it comes to the products designed and built at CRK.
4) The products will continue to do the speaking, good or bad, regardless of our feelings.

This pretty much sums up the thread and there likely isn't anymore anyone is going to add that will change the emotions this causes in the community.

With that, we are done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back