Is Chris Reeve gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody want to delete this thread or tell me how. At this point I never wished it existed
I don't see anything wrong with the tread to this point, but there isn't much more to be said. Pretty sure you can close it-to the top right you should see administrative button by thread tools-click and procede

Wait, the founder, visionary, advocate, face and name of CRK is no longer involved in the daily operations of the company he ran since 1984? Yeah, I'd say that's news worth discussing...I'm just surprised to read it here first if it's been public for over a year per the website. Wow!

I always thought at some point "pre-founder" and "post-founder" knives might have a different value, but who knows.

.......... I'd really like to see Chris start a new company but suspect at his age starting a whole new company is likely not at the top of his list. I hope I'm wrong. It would be cool to see both entities continue on making knives.

If the drawing of him in that brochure is any indication, he's out having too much fun to want his nose back to a grindstone. And he's earned it. :thumbup:

I don't see anything wrong with the tread to this point, but there isn't much more to be said. Pretty sure you can close it-to the top right you should see administrative button by thread tools-click and procede

He can't, without a gold membership.

Changes like this always have a little fear of the unknown & what's to come. I'd say enjoy what knives you have that were designed by Chris and look forward to & have hope for whats to come. At least Chris didn't get hit by a bus, he left the company on his own two feet and his designs are still available.

I imagine he may be well sought after for collab work with other companies... if he was interested?
Their marriage is none of our business. They mentioned he is gone in the literature and website so that's really all that matters. It is public knowledge now.

I hope CRK continues to put out quality knives. I'd really like to see Chris start a new company but suspect at his age starting a whole new company is likely not at the top of his list. I hope I'm wrong. It would be cool to see both entities continue on making knives.

What about his son? He has done a few videos during shot show and such. Maybe he becomes the new brain of the company?

What about his son? He has done a few videos during shot show and such. Maybe he becomes the new brain of the company?

My thought is that's what Anne is setting up to happen. I imagine she'll want to retire too at some point.

This thread had evolved into a discussion of CRK's future, which is our business as avid customers. If we keep focused on that, it's a good thread.

Damn right. Well said and relevant thread!

Chris' and Anne's son is in charge of marketing AFAIK.

FWIW, Anne has always been in charge of CRK right along side Chris. CRK is not yet being run by the "next generation"

Announcements on this forum made me believe, that the company shares important information here.
There may be reasons to choose the point in time carefully, which I respect.
Time showed me "you don't have to worry".
all the best
red mag

PS: Why would this topic not come up on a forum patronized by people who worry about the size of the box?

What's funny is you buy a few knives from the guy and you think they owe you a explanation lmao kinda sick to tell you the truth. What goes on in their home isn't of your concern at all you are owed nothing from them but a quality knife.

I do not see any posts talking about their home life. But if we are, it is because their home life was their work life. A family owned and operated business.

I do not care what happens at home, if they stay married, divorced, have ten kids, vote democrat... or sit on their butt and watch TV all day. I just do not care.

What happens at the company I am completely interested in. As many in this group are. We know many of their employees by name. (We have numerous threads dedicated to Heather discussions.) We have a bunch of money invested in their products. And before you throw out the "so whats"... it matters. Already you see prices falling on the secondary market. Just look here on BF and the whole first page of sales threads are rarer knives you would normally only see maybe every other page of sales worth. A Large Regular UG in mint condition with damascus sitting at 850.. TWO annuals...LDC-9... an employee knife... On the Facebook page I saw a large regular go for 375. I bought two Sebenza 25s.... one for 220 and another for 250. I have a OPK coming I only paid 250 for. Good time to be a buyer.

I will not lose sleep, or cry, over what is happening but I am interested and can understand why other people are as well.

I do not think CRK is about to tank in quality. I think Chris set a standard and instilled that standard in his employees and family. And like what has been mentioned numerous times, Anne has been right there at the top for a very long time. She is quite capable in my opinion in maintaining the standard and I will continue to be a customer.

Last edited:
HAHAHA. Yeah I am an idiot. But I think you see my point.

Last edited:
Anne is fully aware of our passion for the knives and attachment(for lack of a better word) to some of the people involved, this is why they did announce Chris's semi retirement on the website and the brochure and posted here about Heathers departure. They read the forum, they talk to us at shows. They may not fully understand our passion at times, but they are aware of it.

Anne is fully aware of our passion for the knives and attachment(for lack of a better word) to some of the people involved, this is why they did announce Chris's semi retirement on the website and the brochure and posted here about Heathers departure. They read the forum, they talk to us at shows. They may not fully understand our passion at times, but they are aware of it.

This is true, well said.

I do not see any posts talking about their home life. But if we are, it is because their home life was their work life. A family owned and operated business.

I do not care what happens at home, if they stay married, divorced, have ten kids, vote democrat... or sit on their butt and watch TV all day. I just do not care.

What happens at the company I am completely interested in. As many in this group are. We know many of their employees by name. (We have numerous threads dedicated to Heather discussions.) We have a bunch of money invested in their products. And before you throw out the "so whats"... it matters.
Sorry but unless you hold Stocks in CRK, you're not actually " invested " in this Company. You only bought an outstanding knife . Enjoy it. ;)
[video=youtube;-DT7bX-B1Mg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg[/video]

Sorry but unless you hold Stocks in CRK, you're not actually " invested " in this Company. You only bought an outstanding knife . Enjoy it. ;)
[video=youtube;-DT7bX-B1Mg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg[/video]

I did not say invested in the company. I said I (and others) are invested in their products. HUGE difference.

If you think we aren't then please start selling the rare ones for below MSRP.

Think LW would part with her ROFs for $300 a piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back