It followed me home (Part 2)

Two miner's picks found their way into my pickup today. They are rusty, as is everything on the Oregon coast, but appear to be relatively unused. One I can only find a 7 stamped on it and the larger one is a Warwood with a 9 stamp. Not sure what I'll do with them but they are mine.
1pEKnAb.jpg

KqLQ1Et.jpg

Two miner's picks found their way into my pickup today. They are rusty, as is everything on the Oregon coast, but appear to be relatively unused. One I can only find a 7 stamped on it and the larger one is a Warwood with a 9 stamp. Not sure what I'll do with them but they are mine.
1pEKnAb.jpg

KqLQ1Et.jpg

Picks and the Oregon Coast :thumbsup:

This was a nice eBay deal, $18 shipped. A super nice Flint Edge hatchet head which I have not seen before, and a nice Plumb anchor logo head that is nice except for the edge.

I hung a little Flint Edge hatchet awhile back. That sucker will get sharp as a razor!
Awesome. I see full sized all the time and the occasional boy's head but no hatchets for some reason. The head I got is in very good shape, I'll save it for an equal quality handle.

This lump of "rusty" came home to roost.

4lbs 6oz. The shape caught my attention for some reason. The eye is long and thin, has pronounced ridges on cheeks, and the poll is skinnier than most.

There is also a "5" or "6" stamped on the underside of the poll - need to clean it up some to tell what it is.

It says it wants a straight handle...

8PUrm8k.jpg

sgDPx0d.png

xrFce95.png

Last edited:
Weekend finds at Dog Days in Elkton Tn. Wasn't near the Axes and Hatchets I was hoping for but overall a pretty good day,the poll axe is Hartwell grey gorge!
UKgla7c.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got around to cleaning it. I couldn't decide what to do about the handle, so for now, it is what it is. An unsusual wedging system was used. It's hard to describe, but the metal wedges in it look almost nail shaped.

COOPER'S AXE:

I'd like to see that wedging system some time.

i spend way too much time paying attention to bevels, in the long run its kinda useful but then again, au-to-grafs and some homesteads have the same bevels, along with newer kelly perfects and belknaps

Back