It's my turn for a Give a way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mykel m

Gold Member
Okay folks,like the title says.....it's my turn for a give-a-way.
happydance.gif

I've won a couple of gaws myself (thank you John)& been the recipient of the generosity of some of you fine folks,so I've been wanting to reciprocate & show my appreciation to John for the great forum & to the fine folks here on the JK forum.:)

I was going to have a 4500 post gaw,but spaced it out :eek: & before I knew it I was over 4,600,so we'll call this my 4,500+ post gaw.:rolleyes:
And to make up for being late,I'm giving away 2 knives to 2 separate participants.

I'll pick the winners by a random number generator using the number of posts here & if one of your post numbers is the first one generated you will get your choice of the 2 knives & the second number generated will get the remaining knife.And if one of my post #s is picked I'll keep trying until one of yours is picked.
If another of the first persons numbers is spit out by the RNG on the second pick I'll keep trying until a different persons number comes up.
Sound good?
Good.:p

Multiple posts are encouraged & the more you post the better your chance.
Post pics,tell a story,tell a joke,post something interesting or funny you saw on the net,post music videos,post what ever is on your mind,just post post post to increase your chance of winning.:thumbup:
And remember some kids do visit John's forum here,so lets keep it clean please.
And no religion or politics please.(they tend to lead to trouble)
Be nice(as usual)& lets see where this goes & have some fun with it.

I'll let this run till noon on Thursday the 15 of August.

I am going to limit this to those with 50 posts or more on BF as of 15th.
I also reserve the right to disqualify anyone for any reason as I see fit.

You must be legally able to own a fixed blade knife to be eligible & it is your responsibility to be in compliance with the laws where you live.

Okay then,
the knives are a couple of my projects from blanks I got from John.
The top is a JK Pocket Muk with Stag Cut bone handles with red & black liners.It has a satin finish & Scandivex edge & it comes with the leather pocket sheath shown.
And the bottom is a JK LRK plus with Orange G10 & Carbon Fiber laminate scales.It has a forge finish on the flats with a saber grind.
It comes with a matching fire steel & an Orange & Black kydex sheath.
I put the scales on the PMuk & the LRK+ and made the fire steel handle & sheath for the LRK.
I've tried to sell the LRK,but haven't gotten any bites so what the heck,I'll give it away.:rolleyes:
They ain't perfect,but they'll cut stuff for ya just fine.;)
The stuff on the LRK blade is RenWax & the PMuk will have it on also.Great stuff to prevent corrosion.:thumbup:

If you have any questions,post 'em up & increase your chance of winning.

Good luck & thanks in advance for participating.

Myke

DSCN0424.jpg

Edit to add: Hey all,I forgot to mention that anyone outside the US will need to pay the shipping costs,because I am unemployed & international charges would kill me at the moment.
Sorry.:eek:

Last edited:
6077915808_e5f7e8e325_z.jpg

This picture reminds me of a camping trip that Pam and I enjoyed very much. It's too bad I can't say the same thing about the other couple. To simplify things we split the food/cooking up with dinner the last night being the responsibility of the other couple. I was fishing and enjoying the peaceful surroundings when I heard some loud voices. The voices got louder and were accompanied by other noises. I started towards the camp and Pam met me half way saying it might be a good idea for "me" to try and talk with them. We debated this for several minutes, luckily I had a couple of spare beverages in my fishing bag. After a few minutes of quiet we made our way back to camp. I was shocked when I walked into the campsite and saw they had in a matter of minutes loaded all of their stuff into the truck and were ready to leave. They both apologized(to us not each other) and drove off. We didn't know what to think and didn't realize our situation until dinner time. They had taken all of the food and the stove with them, which was very bad because we were having a low country broil. I dug around the cooler and found a half pack of of hot dogs, an onion, and some leftover chili. The picture is our "pot luck" dinner which we still laugh about every time we ride by the spot and to this day have no idea what the argument was about.

Thanks!

A couple pictures from a trip my dad and a buddy of mine did a couple years ago, up Vancouver Island then down the Washington coast. 5 ferries in 4 days! It was a great ride:
IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

Sorry about the lack of knife content!

Wow great giveaway!!

Here is this morning. We got a couple fly-bys!

B69F9BF6-7CE2-4A9C-8543-9C55A79CCD66-7611-00000282EAEB3D51_zps72a73ff0.jpg

B6D0943D-E8A8-4D92-88F8-77EAF74D3724-7611-00000282F10EE227_zps1147d883.jpg

And here is a nice dirt dobber nest that was inside our grill when I went to turn it on and make us breakfast. Lots of paralyzed confused spiders inside waiting to be eaten.

A858F258-2DAD-4751-9359-6F7386AC778E-7611-000002833F48B896_zpsb05d6e91.jpg

Thanks again Mykel!

Love that stag pocket muk Myke! I used all my good pics on HWF's giveaway, though. :eek:

I'm IN, but i'll get some more pics together. 'bout time i uploaded some new content. :D

thanks for the chance!

Wow! Very generous. I'M IN!lol
Thanks for the chance. That LRK looks right
up my alley too....

the other day my son turned to me and asked if I knew any hobbits, I said no, they weren't any real hobbits. He snapped at me there were so, he and nanny had seen one the other day...he began to describe a midget he had seen in town. it took me a second to figure out what was going on then. hehe

he and my wife get into some of the best conversations though. She's started to record the funny moments I never remember. Here are some examples:

"Sam, holding up a penny, "Look Mommy! It's Abra had a Lincoln! My teacher taught me."

"Sam is very concerned about going to college. He's afraid that once he goes they won't let him come home or leave. After all, Steve never came back to the show. Thanks, BLUES CLUES."

"tonight, we put together Sam's easel. I told him he could help. A few minutes later, he came downstairs wearing his tool belt, his goggles, and his hard hat declaring that he was "ready for action!"

"REBECCA: Would you like Santa to bring you an easel for Christmas? SAM: I don't know, I might get scared. REBECCA: Of an easel? SAM: Yeah. I've never see one before. REBECCA: You have a small one in your room and you like it. SAM: I do? But I've never heard it go "pop!" REBECCA: Sam, I said an 'easel', not a "weasel.""

"Made the mistake of telling Sam that Santa brings coal to bad little boys and girls. Sam's response: "Really? But I love rocks! Do you think he'll bring me a lot?!"

"SAM: Mommy, I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.
REBECCA: What about a rock star?
SAM: I don't think so. I'm going to be something much cooler. Like a garbage truck driver!!"

"SAM: (singing the "Five Little Monkeys" song over and over)
REBECCA: Dude, chill out.
SAM: Why? That's boring!
REBECCA: What's boring?
SAM: Eating real fish."

"After seeing a police car...SAM: Will I get put in jail? REBECCA: Not unless you do something bad. SAM: Like if I don't know how to make donuts?"

"A telemarketer called today and I let Sam and Iris answer the phone. Sam started telling him about his day and Iris screamed. I don't that particular one will be calling again..."

I really hope Rebecca is writing this stuff down, would make for another great book! Kind of like the old "Kids Say The Darndest Things."

Thanks for the responses so far guys.
Peter...pricless man.

Two caterpillars were crawling along and one spotted a Butterfly flying over head.
He looks over at the other one & says "you'll never catch me up in one of them things!":)

Mykel what a generous gaw sir! I'm really digging that muk. I have always wanted to check out a muk but just wasn't sure on the design. thanks for the chance sir!

working on fire building skills

good stuff guys,

hey grint whats the knife in the second picture?

hey sean, still like that KY fieldmate :)

Really surprised at the small number of posts so far.
There are some really good ones though. KYenglish,
Sam sounds like all kinds of fun.lol

Great giveaway. I would put my name in the hat gladly for either of those.

Here is a picture from a hike this summer. It was about 4.5 miles? I packed the boy's sandals so they would not get their hiking boots wet and hike back out with squashy shoes.

Of course the older son beat me to the water, and got his boots wet anyway!

8 year old behind the waterfall. That water was ice cold!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back