It's my turn for a Give a way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If grint means grunt that was a coyote knives slim Finn. It was a great little blade but I sold it a bit back when I was hard up for money!

thanks, sorry for the spelling error, afraid I can't even promise not to do it again, I'm just not good at it :(

anyway

Last edited:
Due to recent good fortune, please do not count my post as an entry. Two spectacular prizes offered, very nice.

A few random pictures from my gallery of photo albums.

Two favorite places to be; Lynchburg Tennessee and the drivers seat of a Corvette.
DSC02897.JPG

DSC02949.JPG

I also rode my motorcycle out to Vancouver Island several years back. I drove across America and went into Canada at Sweet Grass Montana, staying in Malta the evening before penetrating into the Canoodian Hinterlands. The drive from Calgary west into the Canadian Rockies is one of the finest on earth (that I have seen that is....). I stayed in Banff, Revelstoke and then on Vancouver Island.
DSC07311.JPG

DSC07314.JPG

The overlook at Kamloops was awesome.
DSC07338.JPG

DSC07342.JPG

We came back into the states on the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles.
DSC07381.JPG

This picture was taken waiting for the ferry from Vancouver to Vancouver Island.
DSC07360.JPG

The nice thing about being on a bike (amongst others), is that they load you on first on the ferries, and then unload you first, like rock stars.

You do have to tie your steed up, they provide ropes to secure the bikes from toppling over if the waves get rough.

DSC07362.JPG

DSC07384.JPG

I took the folliowing picture in Vegas at the Encore. They had these giant mylar balloons in the hallway. I was drinking and gambling with my wife, and snapped this with my phone because I thought it looked cool.
IMAG0415.jpg

Here is a view from the catwalk at the United Center after I had launched Benny.
IMAG0541.jpg

Here is an interesting subject; we were on the river in my friends boat listening to a rock concert held on the waterfront (Foghat) when one of the other boats on the river caught on fire. It was totally engulfed in a matter of a few minutes, but the people on the boat got off and were quickly picked up by other boats.
IMAG0919.jpg

Hawks game from the skybox.
IMAG0583.jpg

Bears game last season from the south end zone.
IMAG0145.jpg

How about detail shots of JK Liner Lock #1 -
DSC_9191.JPG

DSC_9192.JPG

DSC_9185.JPG

DSC_9195.JPG

That is enough for now. Thanks again for the thread Mykel, and I second Mack's kind words.

best

mqqn

Last edited:
Do you carry/need a machete or knife on your scrambles over there?

Not generally - I'd recommend bringing along a flashlight (speaking from experience, some of those trails take a lot longer than anticipated) and cell phone (a lot of the trails get good reception since they're often on mountains and so have no interference in case you need to call for help - or just to let people know you're running late). I'd actually recommend not bringing along a machete or anything else that is large and potentially scary-looking; it's really not common practice (at least on O'ahu - things may be different in some of the more rural areas on the outer islands) and would probably be off-putting to anyone you crossed paths with.

You all should be posting less pics in each post to up your chances!

I've got to get a couple recent photos uploaded and posted. You all can have fun playing "Where's the fish? I thought he said he caught a fish?...???"

Not generally - I'd recommend bringing along a flashlight (speaking from experience, some of those trails take a lot longer than anticipated) and cell phone (a lot of the trails get good reception since they're often on mountains and so have no interference in case you need to call for help - or just to let people know you're running late). I'd actually recommend not bringing along a machete or anything else that is large and potentially scary-looking; it's really not common practice (at least on O'ahu - things may be different in some of the more rural areas on the outer islands) and would probably be off-putting to anyone you crossed paths with.
Thanks,I thought since it gets as hairy as you made it sound you might need a cutting tool now & again to clear branches or vines.

You all should be posting less pics in each post to up your chances!

I've got to get a couple recent photos uploaded and posted. You all can have fun playing "Where's the fish? I thought he said he caught a fish?...???"
Yeah,what Wade said.
Spread 'em out I increase yer chances peps.

Close call with a 717 I had a couple years back. This photo does no justice on how close this was. .2x wide angle lens makes it look far away. Plane banked to avoid us.

F4071239-4B9C-47D7-9A03-8BBDDFD815D5-3983-0000054069F50508_zps31bfc681.jpg

More family and fun. I tried to get s'mores but apparently they disappear to fast lol. Great night!

089336BE-A82E-42C5-AD31-A86BD3182CF6-18563-00000E4A51F82B9F_zps884034af.jpg

D4B8C522-A1F2-4453-BEB7-C04073175528-18563-00000E4A4D287E4C_zpsc91421be.jpg

86AE43F2-D2B8-4557-8809-B9BE925D5FE9-18563-00000E4CFD3B7ED5_zpsc9b006de.jpg

Thought the colors came out cool in this shot with my GoPro.

8957D611-737D-45B1-8CBD-E8B31D63030A-9542-00000387989A3B2F_zpse6c77107.jpg

Awesome pics Hugh.Great colors alright.

Now how about some music.
This is a song that has always moved me.
I'm not overly religious,don't go to church,but love this songs' feel.(sung by the sixth beatle)
RIP George.

[video=youtube_share;ELOe3f-hihc]http://youtu.be/ELOe3f-hihc[/video]

I'm not religious but this is my favorite religious song :)

[video=youtube_share;g2u_rEcWW8M]http://youtu.be/g2u_rEcWW8M[/video]

this is one of my favorite singer's though

[video=youtube_share;FikZwgj89HI]http://youtu.be/FikZwgj89HI[/video]

something to make you chuckle :)

[video=youtube_share;F5axlwCBXC8]http://youtu.be/F5axlwCBXC8[/video]

and an article to read you say? sure, this one dropped right into my wheel house while teaching one of my courses this summer, you might find it interesting, you might not :p

New Archaeology about the origins of farming

The course is about the development of society from the neolithic revolution (essential - among other things, and ignoring the fact that the idea of a revolution goes against the current grain of current scholarship in a number of ways...degrees are boring - the beginning of farming) all the way up to today so it fit right in.

[video=youtube_share;QqjQu0KzvA0]http://youtu.be/QqjQu0KzvA0[/video]

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd498/Diesel13311/F04CA1DA-B77D-4302-8A4F-9077543A25E2-2613-000002DF7114B326.jpg[/][/QUOTE]
Hey Lobo13,I do appreciate the subject matter & it's a great pic,but I'd like to keep the posts & pics family friendly.
Johns granddaughters visit here sometimes,so please,replace the pic.:)
Thanks,
Myke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back