Jimislash has a new Competition Chopper

Watch his latest YouTube video Cold Steel Spring 2023. Does his Design look pretty similar to my prototype made in October 2021?
yeah about identical or darn close.....wow....shouldn't that have your name on it?

well only good news here is if it's a ripoff of your design, and looks like it, least it will be a good designed knife. yeah I know I'm trying real hard to find a silver lining here.

Definitely similar. I saw your comment in the video, seems like you sent him designs? If so, pretty shitty how he seems to be acting like it’s solely his design. Have you tried contacting him?
yeah saw that....shame on gsm and that jimislash guy. just more disappointment from gsm......starting to become the norm with them.

I submitted the design to GSM and they sent it to him since he was their latest acquisition. He asked (via email) if it was my design and prototype. I told him it was and he asked if he could purchase it from me. I told him it wasn’t mine to sell he’d have to ask GSM. That was the last I heard about it. He brings shame to the game.

Last edited:
I submitted the design to GSM and they sent it to him sine he was their latest acquisition. He asked (via email) if it was my design and prototype. I told him it was and he asked if he could purchase it from me. I told him it wasn’t mine to sell he’d have to ask GSM. That was the last I heard about it. He brings shame to the game.
that's just all wrong.....just wow.....
Jimislash just confirmed via his YouTube live stream that “his” competition chopper will be $400
lol. his, chopper..yeah right......and that price what a joke. it'd all be funny if they didn't steal your design and refuse to admit it.

sorry they pulled this crap on you Mike.

that's just all wrong.....just wow.....

lol. his, chopper..yeah right......and that price what a joke. it'd all be funny if they didn't steal your design and refuse to admit it.

sorry they pulled this crap on you Mike.
That’s why I shed no tears when GSM and I parted ways. I’m on to bigger and better things. Just sad to see how it all shook out. I spent almost 1/3 of my life at Cold Steel and to see it turn into what it’s becoming is so unfortunate.

The real pity is knife sports should be a lot more common than they are. And to promote that. Easy to access entry level choppers should be a thing.

And then a heap of knife companies could run events and we could all buy dedicated choppers and do a sport that looks kind of cool.

And obviously that would help everyone. They are getting more knives sold. The custom guys get more access to sales. And we all get a cool sport we can do.

And it would be cool.

But stealing a design is not cool. That's garbage.

So the real tragedy is the potential lost.

I submitted the design to GSM and they sent it to him sine he was their latest acquisition. He asked (via email) if it was my design and prototype. I told him it was and he asked if he could purchase it from me. I told him it wasn’t mine to sell he’d have to ask GSM. That was the last I heard about it. He brings shame to the game.
Outrageous. This is RIP CS for real.

In the YouTube comments, he says they look nothing like each other.
Laughable, if it wasn't criminal. Sure, that missing handle rivet makes it a completely different knife.

IMG-3892.jpg

IMG-3891.jpg

Well, I guess this also makes it a different knife, right? Because "JimiSlash" is a YouTube reviewer and Mike Wallace is a knife maker/designer with decades of experience....

IMG-3893.jpg

Mike, you've been treated shamefully! I realize that your legal recourse is probably nil, but I hope that you pursue it anyway. At the very least, you deserve reimbursement and design attribution. I'm also glad that you let us know about this so that we can share the truth with anyone who will listen.

I'm very sorry to see what Cold Steel is becoming under GSM. It's increasingly pathetic.

-Steve

Last edited:
That's the innovation that sold GSM ...production cost savings ! 😒

I'd still like to hear from Jimi/ about this before deciding . :confused:
I'd like to see what he says too...but no way he can't say this isn't based completely on Mikes designed knife...there is nothing different to be different enough to not be Mikes design.....

now from Mike's words, appears gsm owns the design since Mike was employed by them when he designed it. so nothing wrong here with making it....... other than claiming he designed it and giving no credit to Mike. that's the shameful part.

Back