Jimislash has a new Competition Chopper

Sorry, not worth my time. I'm only interested in questioning his motives based on what I've observed.
That's just cope. You can't do anything BUT question his motive.

But why does his motives matter? If his arguments are correct, then they are correct. End of story. Whether he is Jimmy or a random person or the King of England is irrelevant.

Given that neither you nor anyone else has explained any reason why his arguments are incorrect, it is safe to assume they are not incorrect.

Yes, quite.

However, I believe the assertion d'jour is that Mr. Slash, or one of his associates, may be defending him under a different, novel nom de plume-- namely @knifeman47 .

If that be the case, he is, then, a 3rd rate four-flushing shill.

It's elementary, my dear Lestrade. Elementary, I say!

The game is afoot!
And my assertion is that you are only focusing on the question of who is speaking because you are incapable of rebutting what is being said.

If it were a matter of trust, then you would have a point. But this is a matter of logic. It matters not who makes the argument, only if it is correct or incorrect.

Actually the argument that knifeman47 is making is the same one that I made much earlier in the thread, on page 3 and 4. I put the question directly to Mike, and recieved basically no reply. Am I also Jimmy?

Last edited:
Fellas, let's get back to discussing the subject matter and not one another...or this thread will be shut down but not before warnings are handed out.

If there are issues which need addressing, use the "report" button.

Forewarned is forearmed.

From the manufacturer's website:

"Crafted in collaboration with renowned blade expert and enthusiast, Jimi Slash, this knife embodies his years of experience in competition chopping and the extreme enthusiasm he is spreading for the sport. Jimi's keen eye for design and functionality is evident in every aspect of this masterpiece." <my emphasis>

"Keen" couldn't mean developed or skillful in novel design if all competition choppers share major basic elements as has been claimed multiple times in this thread, now could it? Did he invent the first "competition chopper?"

Therefore "keen" in the above context means: Jimi's eye is "keen" just as a fox's eye is "keen" to pilfer poultry when he's skulking around the henhouse.

Words matter-- take "renowned...expert" for instance. Those words are ripe with import lol.

"Keen" couldn't mean developed or skillful in novel design if all competition choppers share major basic elements as has been claimed multiple times in this thread, now could it? Did he invent the first "competition chopper?"

A knife is more than just "major basic elements".

I think that everyone can agree that competition choppers are largely the same on the general design, but can also agree that these two knives are different in the detail.

As someone else said earlier, compare it to an F1 car. The "major basic elements" are the same, that does not negate the work done on the minor elements, and in fact heightens the importance of those minor elements.

Last edited:
A knife is a simple machine. A sharpened wedge with a handle providing mechanical advantage through a multiplication of force to separate matter.

It's not a racecar, not even close enough for the most outrageous of comparisons.

And no, I don't agree that the blades in question are different in detail.

Too bad Jimislash isn't here to weigh in.

The following clip purportedly captures the moment between Mr. Slash and his counsel when he attempted to get to his keyboard and reply here:

git5z5h.gif

And no, I don't agree that the blades in question are different in detail.
Wait... so you are saying that you think these two blades that are presented are completely identical down to every detail???

That's sad that you would go to such lengths of denial over such a trivial issue. Nothing much more worth saying if you are not engaged with reality.

A knife is a simple machine. A sharpened wedge with a handle providing mechanical advantage through a multiplication of force to separate matter.

You must have quite a low opinion of professional knife designers then, wasting so much time on something apparently so simple. Poor Mike.

What is the point of all this?
Very simple, I just read this entire thread. It sucks to work hard for little pay with your only bonus being given credit for designing a product, only to have that credit taken away.

The IP for this knife is owned by Cold Steel. Wallace, designed the knife for Cold Steel. He offered input for improvements to the knife, which GSM management turned down. These improvements appear to have been added later and the credit for these improvements given to this slash character, but which in fact were the improvements wallace wanted to make and was turned down. And wallace has the proof in a 2021 email where he said as much. This whole issue is less about slash and more about GSM doing the typical corporate board of directors bs and giving someone else, who has little to no real world experience, the credit. As for the knife itself, the design is not as relevant as the process to get there. The process was mostly done by Wallace, yet no credit had been assigned to him. The reality is, those that matter on this forum will know the truth. The fact is slash couldn't have much input considering that he really can't swing a blade well as it tires him out fast. He has trouble chopping little sticks as well. So the changes were from wallace and GSM knew this, forced wallace to not make improvements so that they could do this later without wallace. The typical bait and switch, or maybe reach around. The fact that GSM picked this slash character, probably shows how out of touch with the knife community they are, and they are more likely trying to cater to the mall ninja crowd.

And in case others missed this post by wallace showing his emails during the design time, here is the relevant one.

mR5OMuO.jpeg

Last edited:
Very simple, I just read this entire thread. It sucks to work hard for little pay with your only bonus being given credit for designing a product, only to have that credit taken away.

The IP for this knife is owned by Cold Steel. Wallace, designed the knife for Cold Steel. He offered input for improvements to the knife, which GSM management turned down. These improvements appear to have been added later and the credit for these improvements given to this slash character, but which in fact were the improvements wallace wanted to make and was turned down. And wallace has the proof in a 2021 email where he said as much. This whole issue is less about slash and more about GSM doing the typical corporate board of directors bs and giving someone else, who has little to no real world experience, the credit. As for the knife itself, the design is not as relevant as the process to get there. The process was mostly done by Wallace, yet no credit had been assigned to him. The reality is, those that matter on this forum will know the truth. The fact is slash couldn't have much input considering that he really can't swing a blade well as it tires him out fast. He has trouble chopping little sticks as well. So the changes were from wallace and GSM knew this, forced wallace to not make improvements so that they could do this later without wallace. The typical bait and switch, or maybe reach around. The fact that GSM picked this slash character, probably shows how out of touch with the knife community they are, and they are more likely trying to cater to the mall ninja crowd.

And in case others missed this post by wallace showing his emails during the design time, here is the relevant one.

mR5OMuO.jpeg
Amazing what fresh eyes can see! Thanks for taking the time to read this thread in its entirety and for your very astute reply. Sometimes it’s hard to see all the angles when your in the thick of it.
The saddest part of this thread is that many were excited to finally see a company rep that claimed he’d be here “as much as possible moving forward” (post #119) last seen Dec 21 2022. To me the absence speaks volumes.

Amazing what fresh eyes can see! Thanks for taking the time to read this thread in its entirety and for your very astute reply. Sometimes it’s hard to see all the angles when your in the thick of it.
The saddest part of this thread is that many were excited to finally see a company rep that claimed he’d be here “as much as possible moving forward” (post #119) last seen Dec 21 2022. To me the absence speaks volumes.
S Shaun Cazin (CEO, GSM) was here for a total of 1 month to tell us about Jimislash Jimislash ‘s new design. Also told us how their new PVD process is somehow better (and more expensive?) than DLC. C’mon, Cazin, we’re knife (and Cold Steel) enthusiasts, and a lot of us know a little something about knives.

Having spoken for some time with Mike Wallace, W Wallace Edged Tools , the other day, I can say he appears to be one of the good guys...and I am hoping to hear some good news from him in the near future on knife related matters of interest to many of us.
Yes sir! We have something exciting in the works. I believe it will be well embraced. It was a pleasure to speak to you.

My goal with this thread was to present the facts and my opinion knowing full well that everyone might not share the same views.
Isn’t that the point of this thread or any thread only any public forum? A debate that can be spirited without being insulting.
I appreciate every reply even if there is a difference of opinion. I’m capable of keeping an open mind and seeing things from other perspectives and learning something. If I’m wrong I can man up and accept it. We can have different thoughts and opinions and still be Brothers in Blades. I believe my conduct thus far has been represented in a gentlemanly manner and will continue.

Yes sir! We have something exciting in the works. I believe it will be well embraced. It was a pleasure to speak to you.

My goal with this thread was to present the facts and my opinion knowing full well that everyone might not share the same views.
Isn’t that the point of this thread or any thread only any public forum? A debate that can be spirited without being insulting.
I appreciate every reply even if there is a difference of opinion. I’m capable of keeping an open mind and seeing things from other perspectives and learning something. If I’m wrong I can man up and accept it. We can have different thoughts and opinions and still be Brothers in Blades. I believe my conduct thus far has been represented in a gentlemanly manner and will continue.

Mike, choppers are my thing, so if you have something in the works, I will be looking forward to it. Additionally, as a matter of principle, I will not be buying the CS slash knife. And I own easily 40 Cold Steel knives.

Mike, choppers are my thing, so if you have something in the works, I will be looking forward to it. Additionally, as a matter of principle, I will not be buying the CS slash knife. And I own easily 40 Cold Steel knives.
Thank you Cobalt Cobalt I appreciate it. If there was a blue ribbon in this thread your post #371 would get it in my book. As for me making a competition chopper it probably won’t happen. With my full time job (Demko Knives), sharpening for another manufacturer part time, design and prototyping for a few other companies, moderating here on BF on the Demko Knives sub forum (Demko Knives MWallace), family, etc… I just don’t have the time to do custom knives like I did in the past. Life changes, priorities shift, kids get into sports, you all know the drill. My goal never was to draw attention to my custom knives as I haven’t made any for awhile. The goal was to shed light on shadiness.
If you or other forum members buy the CS Jimislash Competition Chopper I certainly wouldn’t hold it against anyone. If someone does let us know how it performs. That being said I appreciate your support and steadfast principles. I’m the same way.

Last edited:
Yup, I've found from experience that if I'm opposing one of Cobalt's claims, I'd better damn sure take stock of the evidence I think I'm holding and look at my position as objectively as possible.

It appears some others may have drawn similar conclusions now.

And I've followed ya for a quite a while W Wallace Edged Tools -- and I think your custom Demko AD10 handles are uniquely killer cool! That was my first notice of your work.

You've conducted your business with class. Cheers! And best of luck to you in all your blade related ventures. I hope to patronize your work when the next opportunity arises.

Jimislash-- GSM, et al-- >>> you've got no future in blade sports-- try competitive sand pounding.

Back