Jimislash has a new Competition Chopper

What should be inside the clam packs to chop through?

A Walkman? Headphones? Knives?

Jimislash with "his" chopper vs. Clam packs containing Secure-Ex sheaths....

Even now as I type, I can imagine the heads that would explode 🤯 at that demo.....

The immovable object vs. The irresistible force :rolleyes:...

the whole damn universe might implode upon itself.

Well.... all I can say is I've lost any respect for that Jimislash dude on youtube.
Although i wonder if he even had any input on whether his name was put on the knife. Could it be that his wishes in that respect were treated with the same indifference that Mike's have been? Could he have said, "Hey, this is Mike's design, I'm just making suggestions that will make it better," and GSM said, BAM! Your name is going on it?
Although I guess that wouldn't tie in with what Jimislash posted on his youtube video.

Too bad he was prohibited from posting in this thread. He might have done a better job than Cazin.

This entire thing odd. Mr Wallace is a well known and respected knife designer. His name on it would certainly help convince me to buy it. No offense to Mr Slash, but I don't know who he is or care about his opinion, and without looking I am gonna guess he doesn't even have a large youtube following. I guess I will check after posting this.

Cold Steel, if you are gonna use YouTubers to promote your stuff maybe reach out to bigger and better channels. Try Advanced Knife Bro or Stiletto -- the latter probably owns and loves more Cold Steel knives than Lynn Thompson.

This entire thing odd. Mr Wallace is a well known and respected knife designer. His name on it would certainly help convince me to buy it. No offense to Mr Slash, but I don't know who he is or care about his opinion, and without looking I am gonna guess he doesn't even have a large youtube following. I guess I will check after posting this.

Cold Steel, if you are gonna use YouTubers to promote your stuff maybe reach out to bigger and better channels. Try Advanced Knife Bro or Stiletto -- the latter probably owns and loves more Cold Steel knives than Lynn Thompson.
Dutch Bushcraft Knives! I want to see them punish it!

I don't see the what all the fuss is about, if you look at most all the competition choppers. They all have pretty much the same blade shape, the only thing that's really a copy it the divot on the spine of the blade. The handle is completely different...

Careful, he might “wreck” you by showing you what a competition chopper generally looks like.
Yeah.... I knew I was taking a huge risk by posting.... but it just seems so odd.

It's worth noting he hasn't denied being Jimi in his rebuttal.
There's only one Jimi...

220px-Jimi_Hendrix_1967.png

Nothing odd about that. People deserve a defence, if one can reasonably be made.

If you think his defence is incorrect, then say so, and say why. Attack his assertions rather than making personal attacks.
Sorry, not worth my time. I'm only interested in questioning his motives based on what I've observed.

Nothing odd about that. People deserve a defence, if one can reasonably be made....

Yes, quite.

However, I believe the assertion d'jour is that Mr. Slash, or one of his associates, may be defending him under a different, novel nom de plume-- namely K knifeman47 .

If that be the case, he is, then, a 3rd rate four-flushing shill.

It's elementary, my dear Lestrade. Elementary, I say!

The game is afoot!

Yes, quite.

However, I believe the assertion d'jour is that Mr. Slash, or one of his associates, may be defending him under a different, novel nom de plume-- namely K knifeman47 .

If that be the case, he is, then, a 3rd rate four-flushing shill.

It's elementary, my dear Lestrade. Elementary, I say!

The game is afoot!
Since we are all making assumptions or assertions as petey might say, I do not know jimislash nor am I affiliated with him. I simply have a different opinion and have shown why I believe that opinion/fact to be true. Below is yet another link to a video showing a custom competition chopper that looks oddly similar to the cold steel competition chopper and Mr Wallace competition chopper. Hopefully this is helpful to those who are willing to form their own opinion.

Best regards,

Since we are all making assumptions or assertions as petey might say, I do not know jimislash nor am I affiliated with him. I simply have a different opinion and have shown why I believe that opinion/fact to be true. Below is yet another link to a video showing a custom competition chopper that looks oddly similar to the cold steel competition chopper and Mr Wallace competition chopper. Hopefully this is helpful to those who are willing to form their own opinion.

Best regards,

I like that guys chopper better than Jimmy's chopper......

Best regards,

knifeman47 you are correct to a certain degree. Let’s say you want a Bowie knife. Well sir the sky’s the limit as far as blade shape (long clip, short, clip, curved clip, etc..) , blade length and width, handle style (coffin, round, dropped, integral guard, soldered on guard, etc..). The variations are almost endless.
For a Blade Sports Competition Chopper to be accepted there are strict requirements.
These are the basics:
Maximum of 10” blade
Maximum of 5” handle
Maximum of 2” at widest part of blade
So you are already pigeonholed to make it fit in a box so to speak. Blade shape is always going to be very similar. No one is rolling in with a Tanto, Spear point, clip point, etc… This knife is for a specific purpose and no other blade shapes are suited for these knives.
So you are correct that they are more similar than most other styles of knives. That is due to requirements and the specific and sole task of the blade.
That being said each design is unique and as different as possible while still meeting design requirements.

Back