Jimislash has a new Competition Chopper

I would write a long letter too that magazine, accompanied by photos and emails, explaining the whole deal and demanding the publish it. Of course, knife and gun magazines are nothing but advertising for companies. The days of real authors writing real product reviews ended long ago. As Jeff Randall said long ago, "the knife industry is all bull****."

I used to defend Cold Steel, who, despite LT's antics, made solid knives. Even under LT, CS made many obvious copies, but I don't recall LT claiming he designed the Canadian Belt Knife or anything like that. I watched one Jimislash Jimislash "review" and was not interested enough to watch another. That was long before this and now I guarantee I'll avoid anything he does. Integrity is the only thing we really own and some people sell it to make a fast buck. I also believe I have purchased my last Cold Steel product.

Jimislash Jimislash You do realize we can see you’re being a chickenshit by ignoring this thread right? Maybe take a second from browsing the knife exchange to address why you’re taking credit for someone else’s work?

Id almost say this belongs in gbu at this point. Might get more traction there and get the little man to quit hiding.
He’s had ample opportunity to reply and has remained silent. The lack of a response is a response. I’m guessing he may reply on Monday when it’s the work week and his advisers can supply him with a response. I don’t know how this can be explained away though.
I really would like him to comment and defend his deleted statement on YouTube that this is his design, not mine, and mine is totally different than the finished product.

Last edited:
Let’s GBU this thing. Time to put the culprits on blast.

Thats a copy. Im a maker, and have "imitated" or been inspired by other makers, even made a few "Loveless" hunters, but they still have personal tweaks and differences in execution.
So Im pretty reluctant to say when people are or aren't "Copying"
But mate, that example should have your name on it! They didnt even put in an extra pin, change the handle colour...I mean c'mon

I'm just not really seeing a problem here.

Those are two different knives. They are very similar to be sure. But if I google "competition chopper", all the knives basically look the same to me anyway.

And you don't even own the design?

You're starting your own brand right? Hate to be a dick, but is it possible you are trying to stir up some drama for attention on your new brand?

Happy to be proven wrong, because I don't really know shit about choppers or you. What features specifically of the knife are you claiming are unique to your design?

Those are two different knives. They are very similar to be sure. But if I google "competition chopper", all the knives basically look the same to me anyway.

You're starting your own brand right? Hate to be a dick, but is it possible you are trying to stir up some drama for attention on your new brand?

Happy to be proven wrong, because I don't really know shit about choppers or you. What features specifically of the knife are you claiming are unique to your design?
This is the way I understand it, and if I'm wrong please correct me. The company owns the prototype. That doesn't mean they have to trash the designer. We all know which old CS knives were designed by Mr. Wallace, and it's only right that everyone gets their due credit. In this case, not only do they act as if Mr. Wallace, the obvious true designer of this piece, did not exist, but, for a simple matter of publicity and to increase sales, they fabricate a story in which a person with no experience or merit nor any participation in the design of this piece (or any other that is known) takes all the credit, and makes his fame and surely some money, at the expense of Mr. Wallace's work, without giving the latter the slightest credit . In my dictionary this sucks. With regard to your speculations on alleged ulterior motives on the part of Mr. Wallace, they are solely at your own expense. I don't see any evidence of it and, for the record, I don't know Mr. Wallace at all, other than happily owning some excellent knives designed by him.

Jimi?

Can you explain what is different about them? I just don't see it.
Bit hard to tell with these limited photos.

The handle is definitely different. It has different pins, and it looks like it lacks the deep finger grooves, and it looks more rounded overall.

The spine and the bevel look different as well. Both the primary and the secondary bevel look different.

And the choil/ricasso area is a completely different shape.

Bit hard to tell with these limited photos.

The handle is definitely different. It has different pins, and it looks like it lacks the deep finger grooves, and it looks more rounded overall.

The spine and the bevel look different as well. Both the primary and the secondary bevel look different.

And the choil/ricasso area is a completely different shape.
IMG-3892.jpg

IMG-3891.jpg

I'll just put the two photos up, along with your comments, and let everyone decide for themselves.

Yes all competition choppers look similar. That is due to strict requirements for blade length, handle length, etc. The difference is that each maker has his or her own design style that makes it unique.
My brand has been around for a long time as you can look on YouTube for my brand. I don’t make or market this style so I’m not drumming up business for something I don’t make. I was with Cold Steel for 13+ years as a designer and have several produced knives and co-inventor on several patented items. Also I’m working with two other manufacturers for 2023 products. None of which are competition choppers.
Jimislash claims it’s his design yet has no design experience or knife making experience that he has ever indicated on his YouTube or other social media.
Any differences between the two are merely a consequence of ease of production, production cost, like two pins instead of three, bevel grind height, etc..

Thats a copy. Im a maker, and have "imitated" or been inspired by other makers, even made a few "Loveless" hunters, but they still have personal tweaks and differences in execution.
So Im pretty reluctant to say when people are or aren't "Copying"
But mate, that example should have your name on it! They didnt even put in an extra pin, change the handle colour...I mean c'mon
Exactly. You may make a β€œLoveless” inspired knife but with your design influences put in and would surely say as much giving credit where it’s due. That’s what separates reputable maker from the bad ones.

This is the way I understand it, and if I'm wrong please correct me. The company owns the prototype. That doesn't mean they have to trash the designer. We all know which old CS knives were designed by Mr. Wallace, and it's only right that everyone gets their due credit. In this case, not only do they act as if Mr. Wallace, the obvious true designer of this piece, did not exist, but, for a simple matter of publicity and to increase sales, they fabricate a story in which a person with no experience or merit nor any participation in the design of this piece (or any other that is known) takes all the credit, and makes his fame and surely some money, at the expense of Mr. Wallace's work, without giving the latter the slightest credit . In my dictionary this sucks. With regard to your speculations on alleged ulterior motives on the part of Mr. Wallace, they are solely at your own expense. I don't see any evidence of it and, for the record, I don't know Mr. Wallace at all, other than happily owning some excellent knives designed by him.
Yep that sums it up perfectly.

Back