KA-BAR Chat thread - Come on in the house

I guess. :D Is that because you think I'm verbose?

It only took us 58 months to reach 1000. The Becker snark threads do that in less than 2 most of the time. I know a bunch of people post in both, but I'm always surprisd at how little traffic there is here, since the Kabar line has so many more models than just the Becker line.

It's a brainwashed cult following... Gotta catch them all kindsa thing... Zombie knife nuts really. But knife nuts never the less.:thumbup: :D

Well you do tell good stories. But also because you're one of the walking KA-BAR encyclopedias around here.

I know a bit about modern stuff (post 1960s) but Gunsil is the guru for the pre-1960s knives. He's forgotten more about them than I'll ever learn. :D

Westerns? US Bayonets? 1219C2s/USN-MK2s? I know a whole lot more about them than the early Kabars.

I don't see why not. Some people have mistakenly called them "kabars" on occasion. :rolleyes: There is no dedicated bayonet thread anywhere, although I guess the longer sword bayonets could be discussed in the sword forum.

Are you talking about the WW2 UFH M1905s, M1905E1s or the M1s? :D

The converted ones are the 1905E1s. They took perfectly good 16" blades and cut them down to 10" so that the bayonet could be more easily carried in vehicles and by cavalry units, according to Gary Cunningham in his US Knife Bayonets and Scabbards. A very good book for anyone interested in US bayonets of the 20th century.

Who did the modification on yours? There should be an extra maker's mark some where that shows who cut it down.

I have 18 M1905/M1 bayonets -
6 - M1905E1s (the cut-downs) (OL, AFH, SA, UFH, PAL, WT)
6 - M1s (AFH, UFH, UC, 3x-PAL)
6 - M1905 uncut versions (2x-UFH, OL, PAL, 2x-WT)

I also have 2 M1903 USN MK1 Training bayonets that are made out of some sort of plastic.

Still trying to get uncut SA and AFH models, and both an uncut and a cutdown RIA.

Well I will ask Homer Grafton my Great Grand Uncle who is buried in France witch one he used.

Beckerhead #146

and...how many times have any of us said, "that's it, not buying any more knives, but I wanna check this...", soooooo went ahead and ordered 2 Bark Rivers to see what all the fuss is about :confused:

and just because anything goes and TBL started it... :D

DSC02463.jpg

now go get your bike, man
Beautiful ride brother! I don't think I'll be on one any time soon. The wife would shoot me if I came home with one. Maybe in two more years when we have no more daycare bills.

That, and I'd need a sidecar for the new pooch.

a49e53132c3bc013b7f542ca24def93b.jpg

Ordered a Zastava M92 PAP AK pistol today. Probably won't actually get to the FFL for a couple weeks.

Back