KA-BAR Proud to Unveil new Ek Commando Knife Co.

I like the Kabar version, I cannot wait to see the model 5 bowie in this same handle, and I am curious to see what a model 3 would be, with a partially sharpened top edge.

Is there any estimate on when the EK5 bowie will be out?

Trying my best to wait for it vs buying a 4 which although cool as hell would get very little use vs a 5 which would be a user

Handled a 4 on friday and it is very nice, suprised how big and heavy the handle is.
Was on the fence if I should buy it but then I saw........

A 3.5lb snow and nealy best axe/30 in handle, knocked down to 65$ due to minor surface rust and edge ground 3/4 to one side. File and sandpaper with a couple beers in front of the tv and good to go. Talked them out of taxes too.

I need to rehandle my Husquavarna so went for practical vs want!!!

That Ek by Ka-bar is awesome!

Ka-bar I have a pending question. Will there be a 3/4 model in production?
A tat smaller then regular, around 4-4,5 inch blade, more like a bootknife than full size combat knife. All in true Kabar spirt;)

If I was in charge at ka bar, I would slap a stacked leather handle on the ek bowie blade, the 5, and mosey on down to the bank to pick up all the cash rolling in from it.

Outstanding idea.
Don't mind the Brain fart!
So why not stamp just "ek knives"
on the standard kabar f/u?
That would surely cause a sensational buzz,
Particularly amongst kbar fans new to the ek name....

Im brand new here. And this is my first post. Ive been searching for info on the Celcon sheath material, and cant seem to find out whether it has glass re enforcement in it like the handle or not? Ive had Cold Steel knives with the Secure X material(which is glass re enforced) and I don't like it. seems to dull the edge to the degree it touches it. Thanks

Im brand new here. And this is my first post. Ive been searching for info on the Celcon sheath material, and cant seem to find out whether it has glass re enforcement in it like the handle or not? Ive had Cold Steel knives with the Secure X material(which is glass re enforced) and I don't like it. seems to dull the edge to the degree it touches it. Thanks
You might be more likely to get an answer by starting a whole new thread asking your question.

I DO like the idea of a 5 with stacked leather. Mmmm maybe a future project? I like mine as it is, but it would be quite easy to do after slimming down the sides of the tang...but maybe not, I think it might look too much like a 1217.

Back