KA-BAR Proud to Unveil new Ek Commando Knife Co.

I still have a old catalog also. All I have of my original is the book that came with it My Silent Partner.

A outside pic is always better the grinds and fit and finish are just right. I am happy.

From looking at those old pictures and comparing them to the new model.... I like the look of the new model better. :thumbup:

KA-BAR/EK is just getting started.

Hold on....might get bumpy...

Moose

yes, the sheath was a surprise.
well, maybe not a total surprise
seeing that the next gen kabar
and synthetic black handle F/U amongst others
are packaged with plastic scabbards.
still, it is pretty awesome in form and function.
I sense more color choice other than the present subdued black
for the future.
it would be really fun if that happens,
then one could simply switch around colors
with modular sheaths and handles to fit the operating environment.
Lime green anyone? :)
yes, the last brand owners had done some experimenting in the traditional sense
http://www.fairbairnsykesfightingknives.com/ek-knives.html
let's see if the present owners can take ek to a whole new level of cool.
i hope ek isn't just about keeping some legacy label alive.
but about making it relevant for today's and tomorrow's users.
(note i wrote the term "users" and not "collectors")
let's see some swagg!

While I agree with the theme of this post, I have a reality to deal with. Until I either move or my States knife laws evolve, some pieces by their design can not realistically fall into the category of "User".
As an aside, I suppose a rendition of the EK Bowie with lead rivets wouldn't be allowed in California either.:D

Well, when the gerber a-f combat folder first appeared.
That was awesome, but legal issues and market considerations
Probably resulted in that folder having a false edge...
For some strange reason
Amazingly there were some people who said that it didn't
Go well for their edc chores.
Despite the fact that it was marketed as a combat folder!
So gerber came up with a flat ground single edge spear point.
Did it help address the complaints from this segment of knifedom?
Well, it might have for a while,
But i do not think it was a marketing success for gerber.
It drastically altered the physical features
Of the original form
Which made the original design attractive
In the first place.
Years down, boker even came up with a
Single edge flat ground spear point fixed blade a-f combat knife.
So that it performed better for general use.
Historically there has been the dual edge m4, a partial dual edge m3
An m5 bowie even.
Who is to say that there won't be a flat ground spear point
In the making someday?
But if anyone ask why you have a dual edge out in the woods
Just respond that the m4 really is nothing more than a dual edge tactical mora ;-)

Last edited:
That lead rivet version would certainly cause death to any Californian unlucky enough to be near it. I am also amazed that folks actually pay attention to (obey) double edged knife regulations anywhere. Unless you murder somebody with a double edged knife, ( already illegal in all 50 states with any weapon) does any official law enforcement agent actually monitor this? In Illinois it seems that if you do stupid stuff with a any knife (or hammer or rock or tire iron) you have trouble coming, if you don't do stupid stuff, then all is well.
I thought that Kabar might possibly use pored rivets of a non-lead metal but had bet money on the later style screws as they are using.

Okay, maybe I missed the link or something, but to those guys who got theirs: How do we get ours? I checked Knifecenter but they don't have Eks and I didn't see them under Kabar.

HELP!!!!

Okay, maybe I missed the link or something, but to those guys who got theirs: How do we get ours? I checked Knifecenter but they don't have Eks and I didn't see them under ,
HELP!!!!

Mine just arrived yesterday. I purchased it from Tomar's Ka-Bar Knives. Look for the EK44 in the upper right side of the home page. Mike

Thanks! I also found it on Amazon. Duh. Muchos gracias!

I'm a frequent customer on Amazon (quick delivery, convenience, good prices, and most of all: selection), but I try and always support the dedicated knife sellers over big companies. Kershawguy, KnifeWorks, Tomar's, and Ragweed Forge are my favorites.

Mine arrived today. Thank you Ka-Bar and Tomar's.

I was thinking it wasn't as sharp as I was expecting, but I did manage to half-way break the skin on my hand somehow, so maybe.

Stabbiest knife I own. I consider my kukris to be the hackingest and loppingest knives I own.

Back