KA-BAR Proud to Unveil new Ek Commando Knife Co.

Dang this is a sexy shank... :p:thumbup:

Picture%205_zpslsulgezw.png

Im sure it was mentioned in one of the things I have read about this, but is there a big release date yet? Want to be on the look out when these hit the shelves

Brian

Very nicely done! I saw this via Instagram. I might pick on these up at some point. Really looking forward for the Model 5 though.

Ohh man, that's sweet. Looks like the scales can be removed. Some multi colored G10 would be sexy. Also looks like the rivets for the strap can be popped out and a tek lok added like the bk2 sheath. You can see that the guard clips on the back of the sheath. I'd strap this to a sling on my pack.
And CroVan? Yeah!
Love it Ka-Bar! Nice job!!!

I suspect they are already being shipped to the distributors and perhaps the retailers. I don't believe kabar announces these things pre-maturely and I don't believe there was a sample at Blade and that was only a month ago.

Mother of awesome....

The wait.......is over....

Moose

Kick ass, Ka Bar! It looks great. :thumbup:

I like the Zytel scales and how they look on the knife. It looks like they will also lend themselves well to folks who like to customize and dress their knives up a bit.

Ohh man, that's sweet. Looks like the scales can be removed. Some multi colored G10 would be sexy. Also looks like the rivets for the strap can be popped out and a tek lok added like the bk2 sheath. You can see that the guard clips on the back of the sheath. I'd strap this to a sling on my pack.
And CroVan? Yeah!
Love it Ka-Bar! Nice job!!!

Yes, that's exactly what I did with my BK2 sheath ... removed the floppy nylon webbing and attached a large Tek Lok. The sheath now clamps securely to my black nylon Uncle Mike's gun belt ... in a nice high-ride position. The holes in the sheath and Tek Lok "lined-up" nicely (whether by good planning, or by good luck) and I do hope that it is a similar situation with this new knife and sheath. It's nice to have options.

Havn't bought a knife in a while. Thought I was over it (not for the first time). I usally only carry a sak or in the woods the Ka-bar USMC. But now...
Fortunately the double edged Ek is illegal here, so I can resist , but when the come out with model number 5 (the bowie) then I guess I have to make an order...

You should be proud. I think they are quite welcome, back to the knife community.

so happy!! with that said...bowiebowiebowiebowiebowie!! great job Ka-Bar, I know the EK line will be selling like hot cakes.

Glory be!
It's here at last!!!
It's fitting that the model 4 be first of the horde of war steel.
I am liking what i see.
Only a little sad that the brass guard is gone...
But its a rush to see all the rest is faithfully reproduced.
And what a great addition having a non leather sheath
As standard production.
Can't wait to see what unfolds next.
Great work!
http://ekknives.com/the-knives.html
johnek-ek44-productlifestyl.png

Wow, the execution looks amazing. I like the shape of the blade on the old original EK's, some modifying with a new one would be fun to do. That sheath reminds me a lot of a BM CO. / Victory Plastics NORD sheath. I want one. :thumbup:

Modernized with material, but true to original form....

Well done and well worth the wait.

Moose

Havn't bought a knife in a while. Thought I was over it (not for the first time). I usally only carry a sak or in the woods the Ka-bar USMC. But now...
Fortunately the double edged Ek is illegal here, so I can resist , but when the come out with model number 5 (the bowie) then I guess I have to make an order...
That's exactly the boat I'm in. No double edges here. The second they release that Bowie I'll be ALLLLL over it.

Wow, the execution looks amazing. I like the shape of the blade on the old original EK's, some modifying with a new one would be fun to do. That sheath reminds me a lot of a BM CO. / Victory Plastics NORD sheath. I want one. :thumbup:
yes, the sheath was a surprise.
well, maybe not a total surprise
seeing that the next gen kabar
and synthetic black handle F/U amongst others
are packaged with plastic scabbards.
still, it is pretty awesome in form and function.
I sense more color choice other than the present subdued black
for the future.
it would be really fun if that happens,
then one could simply switch around colors
with modular sheaths and handles to fit the operating environment.
Lime green anyone? :)
yes, the last brand owners had done some experimenting in the traditional sense
http://www.fairbairnsykesfightingknives.com/ek-knives.html
let's see if the present owners can take ek to a whole new level of cool.
i hope ek isn't just about keeping some legacy label alive.
but about making it relevant for today's and tomorrow's users.
(note i wrote the term "users" and not "collectors")
let's see some swagg!

More to come this weekend....

Moose

move over other knives

this this is incredible...

going to give it a test run this weekend around the property

difficult to enstabenate trees but i will try

no throwing :D

thanks KaBar!

that's the thing, I wouldn't be able to resist throwing it. Looks like such a nice, steady thrower...I guess I will wait for the bowie too.

Dagnammit, I wasn't going to buy any more knives this year... Guess that $10 Knifecenter gift card needed to be used!

Back