Kershaw has requested closure of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see this one go. I spend a lot of time in here. I have seen the drama build more and more over the past few years, I can see how it would be a pain on KAIs side to moderate. I have seen it happen before as well. Can only hope they come back in the future. Hopefully someone can keep up with the new release ZT's :)

I do have my own forum, actually. It's not a knife forum, though we have a popular knife thread. I'll spend more time there, as there's no sifting required. Thanks for the suggestion though.

If you have such an amazing site of your own, and such an amazing 'thread' about knives (ooo, a whole thread), why are you the number one whiner about this. Don't let the door hit you in the butt.

If you have such an amazing site of your own, and such an amazing 'thread' about knives (ooo, a whole thread), why are you the number one whiner about this. Don't let the door hit you in the butt.

What the hell are you arguing about? Oh yeah, nothing.

I'm apart of many forums, but I'm still upset about KAI leaving, because bf is the highest traffic forum out of them all combined.
And I, like many really don't feel like dealing with the crap in general.

Mr. Sal gets his share of cr@p on the Spydie forum, yet he may be the nicest, most respectful and humble man on Bladeforums (though there are plenty). My point being that there are ways of dealing with adversity other than taking your toys and going home. Oh well.

Lets spread the rumor that Kershaw doesn't like the new Bladeforums logo and that's why they are leaving.

Whoa now! I am indeed the kindest and most respectful member here. He may be in second, but I am definitely #1. Just ask me.:D

Wow. Spyderco, kershaw and ZT was the knives that got me into knives. I don't get it. Yes, it's their decision to leave and totally theirs to make. Does it negatively impact their product or their customer support? No. Does it negatively impact the way a lot of knife enthusiasts look at the company reputation as a whole? Yes, I think so.
Again, it is their decision to make, but like someone else posted similarly before, it's hard not to think "wtf?" When you see a manufacturer in a public forum, "take their toys and go home" after a little criticism which is by far a minority voice to begin with. Most everything here is positive.

Oh well, if their products and customer support remain spectacular, this is minor. I will continue to be a fan and buy every product I can afford. If this is a hint of things to come, there are other good knife manufacturers that make great knives and can also take the criticism in stride.

Last edited:

I'm sorry you don't like what I have to say.

Deeply.

Heartbroken, even.

Well damn

This is my favorite Company right now.

I guess I'll have to venture into General to get my Kershaw fix.:(

Hmm...this is quite disappointing. But I have enjoyed my time here, and hope someday it opens again but perhaps in a different name. I'd appreciate a place where I can chat with other Kai fans besides looking around for threads in General. Oh well, it is what it is. I'm thankful I could be a part of the Kai Movement in one way or another. Cheers fellas and ladies. -Kevin

Have read through all of the posts so far. Figured it was the least I could do out of respect for the people here who've befriended me, and all I've learned and been encouraged about. The whole experience has been profitable for me.

And I'm hardly ever this nice. Best of luck, and see youz in General (and probably now on the custom forum a bit too).

WTF? Why? Are they trying to control content or what is being discussed about them? You would think an active forum discussing/praising/critiquing your product would be a GOOD thing?
WTF.jpg

Oh well, not that big of a deal. We can still discuss kai in the general forum.
I only own a couple of their knives anyway. They just don't excite me anymore. I'm a Spyderco guy now.
Wish everyone the best.

Mr. Sal gets his share of cr@p on the Spydie forum, yet he may be the nicest, most respectful and humble man on Bladeforums (though there are plenty). My point being that there are ways of dealing with adversity other than taking your toys and going home. Oh well.

Lets spread the rumor that Kershaw doesn't like the new Bladeforums logo and that's why they are leaving.

Right on. What KAI should do is assign someone to monitor the three Spyderco forums and take notes how it's done.

Well the Kaiser area is the reason why I joined the forum and got into knives again on the first place. Now I am bummed.

Is it too late to get my Order of KAI number? Thomas W, if you're reading this, it's not too late to send me a free knife! :p :D

I hate to see the subforum go, but I understand the position of the company. Great knives, great company, and I'll still get to see the live folks at Blade Show, at least. :thumbup:

Is it too late to get my Order of KAI number? ThomasW, if you're reading this, it's not too late to send me a free knife! :p :D

I hate to see the subforum go, but I understand the position of the company. Great knives, great company, and I'll still get to see the live folks at Blade Show, at least. :thumbup:

I believe you can still join as long as the sub-forum still exists.

Right on. What KAI should do is assign someone to monitor the three Spyderco forums and take notes how it's done.

Jog off, dude.

There no need for this crap here. Show some respect to a righteous company.

Well Spyderco can manage to keep their forums going and KAI can't, so....

And for the record, I'm still a KAI fan, and still don't really care for Spydercos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back