Photos Knives & Guns

LEaUbIf.jpg

This thing is a lot of fun. I'm liking .30-30 other than the cost.

Kinda funny. .30-30 is one common lever gun we don't have. I did have a Win 94 but gave it to my son when he turned 18 and was away cowboyin'. That was 14 years ago. He's still cowboyin' and still has the Mod 94.

Kinda funny. .30-30 is one common lever gun we don't have. I did have a Win 94 but gave it to my son when he turned 18 and was away cowboyin'. That was 14 years ago. He's still cowboyin' and still has the Mod 94.
Everyone was like .30-30 is a shoulder breaker just get .357 mag. Well even with a bad shoulder I put 20 rounds down range with no discomfort. It makes me want a .45-70. Good fundamentals and the little recoil pad it came with and I had no issues.

I see a lot of people who complain about recoil holding their guns incorrectly.

I actually would have shot more but the factory loctite on the red dot mounting plate was poor and it came loose. I put my own loctite on Wednesday when I got home, it should be good to go. I'll probably hit the range tonight.

Yeah .30-30s jump a lil bit. I think it surprises people more than anything, cause as you said, its really not that bad. 45-70 to me is more of a big push, not a sharp slam like others. A few rounds from the bench with my 1895 in .30-06 and ya start looking around for my BLR in .243!

Back to the .30-30. Part of the job that a lot of folks don't think of in ranching and cowboyin' is that sometimes you have to put down an animal, horses, cattle or even dogs. My son feels that his.30-30; "kills things dead, fastest." Having done a bunch of that myself I lean heavily towards the 10mm, but he's a .30-30 guy on that deal. Sorry kinda gloomy but real.

Still cowboyin'. Couple days ago with his best friend's daughters:

8TFZ3ir.jpg

hdWYM4G.jpg

Last edited:
Cowboyin' and old school lever guns just go together.
Great photo of the little on the horse with you

Just got back from the range. 24 rounds of .30-30, 6 of .308, and 30 of .357. Now I'm broke...

The Remington 760 is better with the new recoil pad, but not enjoyable. The Marlin is badass. I was shooting the Rhino one handed which was freaking people out. I guess you don't see many people shoot .357 one handed. I'm more accurate one handed.

Last edited:
Back